Thanks! Actually my PB.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector STIguy private msg quote post Address this user

A few from yesterday off the kayak.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Caught this one today...
Post 153 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Had a pretty good time fishing this morning.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Chunky bucket mouth

Post 155 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Went fishing with my buddy Al today on the Blackstone River. The jig bite was pretty good.

Post 156 IP   flag post

Post 157 IP   flag post

Post 158 IP   flag post

Post 159 IP   flag post

And I had a fishing buddy.

Post 160 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

And I had a fishing buddy.

Friend Lee Frog

Did he keep the mosquitoes at bay?
Post 161 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder the bloodsuckers weren’t bad. The horse flies were little bastards though and Kermit just laughed when I got bit.
Post 162 IP   flag post
I have another buddy that follows me around another lake when I go. This guy’s name is Donald.

I feel bad for him. Obviously he was someone’s pet that they let go and his wings are clipped so he can’t fly. I’ve called animal control about him multiple times now and no one has come to pick him up yet. If a fox doesn’t get him this summer, winter will. It’s sad really.
Post 163 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have another buddy that follows me around another lake when I go. This guy’s name is Donald.

I feel bad for him. Obviously he was someone’s pet that they let go and his wings are clipped so he can’t fly. I’ve called animal control about him multiple times now and no one has come to pick him up yet. If a fox doesn’t get him this summer, winter will. It’s sad really.

That's really sad. He looks like a pretty bird.

In FL, we have Muscovy ducks. They look like they have STDs on their beaks. Absolutely horrific looking.
Post 164 IP   flag post
We're in a mini-heat wave in RI, so I was on the water with my fishing buddy Al before 5 am this morning. We caught some largemouth (mostly on rubber worms) and Al landed the best one.

Post 165 IP   flag post

Post 166 IP   flag post

Post 167 IP   flag post
Went for some river bass today after work. Let’s just say these little guys were very ambitious in what they were trying to eat. Haha. Just look at the first one.

Post 168 IP   flag post
The fishing gods smiled upon me today after work. First I caught these two beauties;

Then about 15 minutes later I see the sun hitting something out of the corner of my eye and boom. A lure I lost last week somehow came loose from whatever it was stuck on and washed ashore. Picture below not where it washed up but for story sake. Now story continues...

So I figure what the hell, I took the spinner off my second rod and put the found lure on and cast. Snagged again...but able to reel in still. I bring it in and it’s snagged on someone’s mono line that broke. I can’t stand leaving that stuff anytime I find it. So I start pulling it in to trash it. Rolling it on my hand I see a lure is attached. All the sudden, BAM! This big boy flies out of the reeds and hits the lure I’m pulling in by hand and hooks himself. So I continue pulling in by looping it around my hand and land him. Big boy and new to me lure below.

Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Kids had never been fishing and really wanted to. My dads an avid fisherman and knows where the schools hide.

So visiting my parents in northern NY a few weekends ago he took the kids to One of his honey holes. First time out the kids catch 26 (blue gill) in about an hour! Literally drop a worm in the water and fish would grab on. Daughter caught two before my son could get his pole in!

I kept telling them this is not “fishing” this is “catching”! They had a great time. Had a nice fish fry that evening too.

Post 170 IP   flag post
Caught a 5-pounder today!

Post 171 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Dual mouth fish?

Next thing will be Blinky the Simpsons fish....
Post 172 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
What's next???

Post 173 IP   flag post
@Bronte - It doesn't appear to me to have 2 heads from that angle. I think it was caught by an angler at a young age and it's lower jaw was damaged. When it healed, it left an opening so you can see it's gills.
Post 174 IP   flag post
The article did mention it having 2 mouths, not heads. Perhaps you are correct as to why and or how this occurred.

However, to be honest, I dont know squat about fish and their healing abilities. I just thought it was interesting.

As for legitimacy of said fish, the article was taken from Fox news. I would think they would check the fish out before releasing article to make sure it wasnt "fishy"....
Post 175 IP   flag post
Last night tried a small pond I had never fished before. Caught one on a frog lure and one on a jitterbug. This is the fish that inhaled my frog.

Post 176 IP   flag post
It was cloudy and fairly calm this morning. Caught 7 bass on whacky-rigged rubber worms.

Post 177 IP   flag post
Bad fishing day was bad. Caught one at Todd Lake. Landed it, went to unhook to weigh and picture. Before I could it throws hook and fell back in lake.

Then we go to somewhere else; walking down steep shale path, shale gives and I fall right on my ass. Left ass cheek now bruised. Also broke tip of $200 rod while falling.

Then lost a lure. Person I was fishing with got a huge bird nest on his baitcaster and it became nothing more than a stick. We called it a day then.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Bad fishing day was bad. Caught one at Todd Lake. Landed it, went to unhook to weigh and picture. Before I could it throws hook and fell back in lake.

Then we go to somewhere else; walking down steep shale path, shale gives and I fall right on my ass. Left ass cheek now bruised. Also broke tip of $200 rod while falling.

Then lost a lure. Person I was fishing with got a huge bird nest on his baitcaster and it became nothing more than a stick. We called it a day then.

But the question is, was it still better than your best day at work????
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O of course! But my butt still hurts lol.

On another note, does anyone use the app called Fishbrain? Buddy of mine recently turned me onto it. It’s awesome. You can log your catches and make locations known to other fisherman if you’re feeling generous. Or if you have a certain honey hole that you just want to show off your catch, you can make the location private. I suggest checking it out for any fisherman.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600869 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?