Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Not mine but my dad got this big guy from his fishing pond. I caught bluegill...
Post 126 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh So where are the bluegill pictures??? My two favorite fishing memories involve panfish. One was catching bluegills and pumpkinseeds with a cane pole off of a pontoon. The other was catching crappies from a boat with a jig. And I have countless memories of fishing from the dock at one of the houses I lived in as a kid catching mostly pumpkinseeds and largemouth bass.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 128 IP   flag post
It’s june. No one else but me and @joosh are fishing??
Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
It’s june. No one else but me and @joosh are fishing??

I have been out several times since my last post, and I just got back from a 4-day all guys fishing trip to Maine. But the school year is about to end, and I am busy as hell. I will soon have lots more time to both fish and post pictures.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Post 131 IP   flag post
They were killing top water frogs out of the lily pads today after work.

She didn’t catch anything but she kept me company.

She did get the absolute crap scared out of her when a painted turtle walked beside her though. That was pretty damn funny.
Post 132 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Is Sam still looking for another fishing buddy?
Post 133 IP   flag post
Made me snort laugh so had to share.

Post 134 IP   flag post

Still been hitting the topwater off the pads the past few days. Taking the kayak out later at another lake that stocks musky. We’ll see what happens.
Post 135 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So last weekend I was in Maine for my annual fishing trip with 5 of my fishing buddies. The 6 of us rented a cabin on a small pond called Ingham Pond that is connected to a much larger pond called Long Pond (which actually has Upper and Lower sections). We took 3 trucks, each pulling a boat, and left RI around 430 am on Thursday. The fishing was great (mostly smallmouth bass), the beer was cold, and the grill was hot (and usually covered with burgers, hotdogs, or steaks). Everyone is already looking forward to next year's trip, wherever that might be.

The cabin:

The boats on the dock:

The grill:

Post 136 IP   flag post
And of course, some fish:

Post 137 IP   flag post

Post 138 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't been fishing in decades. But I have a couple of pics of fish.

Pic of a halibut.

Same halibut after I get to it with a chopper.

And after with a fillet knife.

Same with ling cod

Black cod

Rough eye rockfish (snapper)

Post 139 IP   flag post
@southerncross - Excellent fillet skills! Here's my feeble attempt with some Tataug a few weeks ago.

Post 140 IP   flag post
Hit two small ponds two weekends ago. Here are my bass selfies.

Post 141 IP   flag post
Was in an annual unofficial tournament yesterday. Finished second in it last year, so I had some high hopes. Right before the start of the tournament, they changed the format. Not sure if I even finished in the top five this year. Still had a good time.

Here's a picture of my fishing buddy Al from last Saturday. It was a rainy dreary day, but he still caught a nice 5+ pound largemouth.

Post 142 IP   flag post
Got another one with top water frog.

Also, what the hell is this Godzilla fish in the pond? Is not a carp. It’s eyes had weird lids / tendril things on top of them.

Post 143 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra I'm trying to figure out that fish. What state was it in? I know you have said that you travel for work.
Post 144 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks!!! Spotted in Eastern PA. Spring fed pond.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Well, I'm at a loss. The best guess I have is that it is a fish with an eye infection like pop-eye. However, I can't find that pop-eye occurs in the wild. Lots of information on parasites and worms on wild fish, but not much as far as viral infections. I'm thinking that there are two fins along the top of the spine. If that's the case, maybe a saugeye?? That's a cross between a walleye and a sauger. If it's just one fin on top with that sharp V tail fin, maybe it's a sucker or a carp. The longnose dace seems to have a more slender build. The central stoneroller can get up to 6 inches in length from what I have found. The fish in your picture looks bigger than that, plus you called it a "Godzilla fish"!!! LOL!! Anyway, here is a picture chart on the fish of Pennsylvania. At the very least, I had fun researching this!!!

Oh - northern snakeheads are an invasive fish in PA now. They are the only invasive of large size that I found in PA. Your fish is definitely not one, but it is not on the chart.

Post 146 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O thanks!!! Glad you had fun doing that too.
Post 147 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra - My best guess is that it is some type of carp, possibly a grass carp, due to the nares (nostril projections). I saw carp actively breeding in a pond in RI a few weeks ago. So their fins and tails could be torn and/or shredded.

Catch one and solve this mystery!

Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user

Approx 6lbs
Post 149 IP   flag post
@Dshel61 That's a nice bass!!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Thanks! Actually my PB.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector STIguy private msg quote post Address this user

A few from yesterday off the kayak.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Caught this one today...
Post 153 IP   flag post
Had a pretty good time fishing this morning.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Chunky bucket mouth

Post 155 IP   flag post
601495 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?