Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - RI has an Opening Day for trout fishing. Since it was last weekend, all the trees near the water around stocked ponds have so many floats, bobbers, line, lures, and other tackle hanging from them, they look like a fisherman’s version of Christmas trees!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Stopped by lake Marie on way home for weekend. Bass and snot rockets are hitting finally.

Post 102 IP   flag post

Post 103 IP   flag post
Reproduction of the tiger trout now underway.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Reproduction of the tiger trout now underway.

Beautiful fish. Let us know how the reproduction turns out. Reproduction is definitely the way to go IMO.

Now if I could just catch one worthy of making a reproduction...
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Frontier2Xterra - What a great catch! Makes me want to go out and try to catch a Tiger Musky (an actual hybrid species that they used to stock in some waters in nearby Massachusetts).

Tiger musky are supposed to be in the waters here as well (upstate NY). I'd love to land one, but have never seen one in person. Plenty of pike and pickerel though.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Right now through 4-22, Directv has the Outdoor Channel on for free (if you don't already get it). Channel 606 where I'm at. Watching Bass Pros right now. My back doesn't hurt watching Bass fishing on TV LOL!
Post 107 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Was able to get out for a few hours in the drizzle this morning. Caught several small bass with my fishing pal Bob.

Post 108 IP   flag post
No pics this go around but a couple more brownies. One on a rooster and then lost rooster next cast on a rock and one on a super duper.

Depending on when work meeting is done tomorrow, hitting lake for bass. Got a couple new top water lures because tis the season.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Hiked in to hidden rarely fished spot.

Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Nice spot. Very beautiful. If there are babies like those (the ones you caught ) then there has to big'uns in them waters.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth oh, they’re in there. I saw the shadows of the lunkers. Just the small ones seemed to be feeding or fighting off passer bys today. I’ll definitely be going back.
Post 112 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra well do keep us posted!
Post 113 IP   flag post
Hiked in again after work and took a couple of my employees with me. No big boys but these guys were fun.

P.S. I freaking hate ticks.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Nice! Good catches!
It's so beautiful there.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth come to PA. We’ll go.
Post 116 IP   flag post
I travel through PA to get to New Jersey & NY often. It's a nice State.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth NY is better. (I’m biased) But PA isn’t bad. A lot of good trout fishing. I prefer bass, but trout is always fun too. If passing through and have time, hit me up.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Ok. I'm often up there a week at a time.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Some of you may know about Nichols Lures, but if not make sure you check them out for bass gear. Their spinners, jigs, and buzz have done me well. I have a couple spoons on the way. Great pricing and quality.

https://nicholslures.com/
Post 120 IP   flag post

Post 121 IP   flag post
Back from Moab (I now want to move there.) and had to fix my fishing withdrawal. Also, next year in Moab I’m taking my pole and buying a visitors license for a couple days. Soooo many streams and lakes in Utah and Colorado I saw and wish I could hit.

Post 122 IP   flag post

Oh and damn near stepped on my new friend, Raphael, while tromping through some cat tails.

Post 123 IP   flag post

Finally got a kayak after years of wanting one. Now can hopefully pull those pigs from the pad patches I can’t get to from walking.
Post 124 IP   flag post

Post 125 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Not mine but my dad got this big guy from his fishing pond. I caught bluegill...
Post 126 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh So where are the bluegill pictures??? My two favorite fishing memories involve panfish. One was catching bluegills and pumpkinseeds with a cane pole off of a pontoon. The other was catching crappies from a boat with a jig. And I have countless memories of fishing from the dock at one of the houses I lived in as a kid catching mostly pumpkinseeds and largemouth bass.
Post 127 IP   flag post

Post 128 IP   flag post
It’s june. No one else but me and @joosh are fishing??
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
It’s june. No one else but me and @joosh are fishing??

I have been out several times since my last post, and I just got back from a 4-day all guys fishing trip to Maine. But the school year is about to end, and I am busy as hell. I will soon have lots more time to both fish and post pictures.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601215 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?