Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Welp. No fish but was nice to be out. Trying another lake tomorrow.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Still ice over most places where i am
Post 77 IP   flag post
Nothing again. Shame.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Just another post to keep from archive. Threw out the line a few more times after work at the canal but still nothing. Supposed to be a nice weekend, gonna try to hit a lake or two.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
#SOON!
Post 80 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to get out fishing today with my buddy Mike. We fished a small pond in Cranston and caught 11 largemouth bass and a black crappie between us. Everything was caught on either jigs or spinnerbaits. Spring is here!

Post 81 IP   flag post
Jealous. Went three different places today using Texas rig, jig, and spinner. One freaking bite allll day.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
My catch of the day was delicious.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 84 IP   flag post
Spent about 4 1/2 hours on Wordens Pond yesterday. Started out flat calm and ended extremely choppy. Only one pickerel to show for it. Outsmarted by a creature with a brain the size of a pea, again.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Gave up on the lakes. Went to the river for the trout. Had much better luck.

The second was so pretty. They were hitting white rooster tail all afternoon.
Post 86 IP   flag post

Post 87 IP   flag post

Post 88 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra - Some very nice trout! Tomorrow is Opening Day for trout fishing season in RI. I will skip the craziness (everyone and their brothers and cousins go on that day), and go fishing for largemouth bass this weekend on the least crowded lake I can find.
Post 89 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks! Don’t blame you and i usually do the same first day of trout. All the fake fisherman go out for their one day a year of fishing before letting their stuff collect dust till next opening day. The rivers are always crazy that day and people are inconsiderate and start casting right into the hole you’re fishing.
Post 90 IP   flag post

Not bad for a rainy Sunday.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Nice cloudy day on shallow and weedy Stump Pond in Coventry, RI today. Caught lots of small largemouths and a bunch of pickerel.

All my bass were caught on texas-rigged Yum Dingers.

My fishing buddy Al caught most of his on a lightweight jig.

Post 92 IP   flag post
37 with high of 43 today ( I don't think well make it much past the 37!!), currently snow/hail mix!!!!
Was hoping to head down to a local creek for brown trout after work - gonna stay home instead - just horrible weather!!
Post 93 IP   flag post
Guys and gals. So excited for this one. Tiger trout. I’ve been trout fishing my whole life and never knew these rarities existed till today. It’s a hybrid between a brook trout and brown trout. When it happens the offspring is then sterile. Hence the rarity. Not only that but this is the biggest creek trout I’ve ever caught. He fought me like a mother trucker too.

When landed I had absolutely no idea what it was as I’ve never seen those markings on a trout. I had to enlist the help of a good friend and fellow fisherman to identify. I released him and he was fine. I very rarely keep anything I catch but man I’m regretting not keeping him now. Would look beautiful mounted. Oh well. Atleast I have photo evidence.

To learn more, here is a nice write up about Tiger Trout here in PA.

https://www.patrout.org/docs/reference-materials/tiger_trout.pdf?sfvrsn=c73ba4cb_2

Post 94 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra - What a great catch! Makes me want to go out and try to catch a Tiger Musky (an actual hybrid species that they used to stock in some waters in nearby Massachusetts).
Post 95 IP   flag post
@esaravo thanks ed! Tiger musky are great looking fish too. They stocked them in a lake near here but haven’t caught one yet.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra yeah, that's a beautiful color on that second catch.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Talked to local taxidermist. Going to have a reproduction made from the picture.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Also;

Post 99 IP   flag post
No bites on the creek tonight...did manage to add a bobber and lure to a tree...gonna have to go back later -there were two others there!!! one looked like it had a nice spoon!
Post 100 IP   flag post
@KatKomics - RI has an Opening Day for trout fishing. Since it was last weekend, all the trees near the water around stocked ponds have so many floats, bobbers, line, lures, and other tackle hanging from them, they look like a fisherman’s version of Christmas trees!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Stopped by lake Marie on way home for weekend. Bass and snot rockets are hitting finally.

Post 102 IP   flag post

Post 103 IP   flag post
Reproduction of the tiger trout now underway.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Reproduction of the tiger trout now underway.

Beautiful fish. Let us know how the reproduction turns out. Reproduction is definitely the way to go IMO.

Now if I could just catch one worthy of making a reproduction...
Post 105 IP   flag post
601492 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?