Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty decent day. Browns, bows, and a surprise sucker. Lost a few others too.

Post 326 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
From a while ago, but my daughters thoughts on my catch was the real moment πŸ˜‚

Her first catch was a 2lb largemouth
Post 328 IP   flag post
@RexMuff lmao. That's awesome.
Post 329 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff - Love that expression! Hope she is still fishing.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@esaravo Al, John, Bob, & Ed. Names sound like its the beginning of a Stephen King book. Haha.

Let’s see.

A high school science teacher, a police detective, a retired cop who now works security at a government site, and an HVAC guy go on a fishing trip. What could go wrong?
My money is on the HVAC guy. Lol! Have fun.
Post 331 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
From a while ago, but my daughters thoughts on my catch was the real moment πŸ˜‚

Her first catch was a 2lb largemouth

LOL!!! Love it!!!
Post 332 IP   flag post

Post 333 IP   flag post
Panfish hitting dry flies sure is fun.

Post 334 IP   flag post
June 18th

Post 335 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Didn't go fishing, but took a ride to Bass Pro in Foxboro and picked up this setup for a Father's Day treat to myself.

Post 336 IP   flag post
@esaravo that's a pretty sweet looking set up!! I love baitcasters!!! I had a real nice Abu Garcia baitcaster and ugly stik set up for northerns and walleyes years ago. Come to think of it, my panfish set up was a Abu Garcia spinner with a light/medium action rod.

I recognize the G Loomis logo on the rod, but I've never had one. Have you used their rods before? And what kind of reel did you get? Yeah, I'm inquisitive tonight. LOL
Post 337 IP   flag post
This is my first G. Loomis rod, but a few of my fishing buddies have one. It came down to either this rod (E6X Casting) or a St. Croix Avid X. Tough choice, but I went with the Loomis. The reel is by Lew's. I have 2 other Lew's baitcasters and think they are a better buy at the present time over the even pricier Shimano reels (that I used to like). Here's the box for this reel.

Post 338 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple rods that my grandpa had made for him @esaravo. they were like 7 on that scale rating that I can't presently remember as most of mine were. I think I have an 8 stashed away but I haven't fished much in years. My grandpa owned a charter boat on the western basin here that my cousin and I spent different summers being "first mate". I'll square up some good pics before tomorrow evening. Abec 7 or 8, no that's ball bearings... lol
Post 339 IP   flag post
Wow. Went out on lunch break for a few casts and caught this absolute unit. Was not expecting him and only had my 3wt rod. What a fight. My personal best brown. All pics same fish

Post 340 IP   flag post
A couple of nice largemouth bass from this past weekend.

Post 341 IP   flag post

Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Went catfishing a couple of weeks ago and we caught this. About 10-15 pounder.

Post 343 IP   flag post
@bige31 - Nice! Did you catch it noodling, or on rod and reel?
Post 344 IP   flag post
So I went out fishing Thursday night. When the days are hot, I would rather fish when the sun goes down. There were thunderstorms and some rain in the area, and no wind at all. But the surface bite was decent, and both my fishing buddy Al and me caught some nice largemouth bass on jitterbugs.

Post 345 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like you had a blast!
Post 346 IP   flag post
@OGJackster - It was a lot of fun. Really can't remember having that much success at night with those conditions in a long time.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing like using the jitterbug at dusk! I really need to restock my tacklebox. I have lakes all around me (both parks and pay) so I have no excuse to not get some fishing in.
Post 348 IP   flag post

Post 349 IP   flag post
From today.

Post 350 IP   flag post

Post 351 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 352 IP   flag post

Post 353 IP   flag post

Crappie and a blue gill today.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Got out for a few hours Sunday evening. Caught 3 keeper largemouths, one short, and a pickerel. This guy grabbed a Texas-rigged Yum Dinger in some lily pads before it got dark. The rest of the fish were caught on a spinnerbait.

Post 355 IP   flag post
598060 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?