Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 301 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Was able to get on Bellville Pond today. Caught a few largemouth bass and a bunch of pickerel on rubber worms and spinnerbaits. Might not be able to next weekend.

Post 302 IP   flag post

One nice rainbow before I broke one of my fly rods on a tree fish. Luckily it was my cheap rod.
Post 303 IP   flag post
@esaravo I have those same muck boots lol
Post 304 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra - They are the best! Don’t muck around when you buy boots, I say Muck it!
Post 305 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Got my new fishing rod and reel about an hour ago. It works pretty good. So far, I've caught 4 large mouth bass and 2 trout. I'm assuming they were lake trout since I was on a lake. I caught all these without leaving my room!!! LOL

Seriously guys, I hope to be posting real pictures here in a year or two. They'll probably be of crappies, sunnies, bass or northerns (pickerel to Ed), but I might surprise you with a walleye here and there. I want to thank all of you for sharing your catches here. I really do enjoy seeing them!!!
Post 306 IP   flag post

Post 307 IP   flag post

Post 308 IP   flag post
Got a new set up for my rod collection. Moonshine rods "revival" 8' 5wt fiberglass. Reel is another orvis Clearwater II with orvis trout pro textured line. Used it this evening. Love this setup.

Post 309 IP   flag post
Had a double digit day. Won't post them all but here are some. Had some big wild brownies and some bows. The first one wasn't the biggest but that coloring is amazing.

Post 310 IP   flag post
Only three today. God I'm loving this new set up. Especially the line. Ordered more for my other reel.

Post 311 IP   flag post
Been slacking on posting pics. Here's some nice ones since last post.

Post 312 IP   flag post
Oh and another new set up for small creeks. Moonshine Rods Midnight Special 7'6" 3 wt with an Orvis Battenkill reel.

Post 313 IP   flag post

Post 314 IP   flag post
I did get out Sunday for the first time in a while. Here are 2 of the 4 bass I caught.

Post 315 IP   flag post

Post 316 IP   flag post
Last two trips out. Designated by watch and no watch lol

Post 317 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra I've never fished for trout. I don't know anybody that does. I've often wanted to try fly fishing, but I don't think that is something that can be learned from a book or a youtube video. I might be wrong. Regardless, I do like seeing them and I really enjoy seeing those sunnies and crappies!!!

And @esaravo, I love seeing those bass and occassional pickerel!!!!

Basically, I love seeing these pictures!! Thanks for sharing everyone!!!
Post 318 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra - Very nice, Jon. The school year is winding down, so I see a lot more fishing (and yard work) in my future. I did take my kayak out for the first time this year last Saturday and caught a small pickerel and a small largemouth bass on rubber worms. Then on Sunday, my fishing buddy Bobby bought a new Jon Boat and we fished Killingly Pond on the RI/CT line. Clears skies usually make that place tough, but thanks to some steady winds we made several successful drifts and caught about 40 largemouth bass between us! Easily the best day numbers wise this year. No pics, as every fish was around 1 to 1.5 pounds. Maybe they will be 2-3 pounds next year if they eat enough. Trying a pond in MA this weekend as it is free fishing day - no out of state license required. I have fished it twice before, lots of rock and both largemouths and smallmouths!
Post 319 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I just got into fly fishing last fall. Was a traditional spin reel and bait caster fisherman for years. But now, only time I break out those is for bass. I love fly fishing. Definitely a lot of trial and error when starting out. However, a lot of it is reading the water and what you're using.

If you've been fishing for years and know what you're looking for, you got a head start.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Broke my orvis rod the other day. Picked up another moonshine rod to replace it. Now own 3 and I love them.

One eyed jack on a dry fly.

Post 321 IP   flag post
Went out yesterday for free fishing day in Massachusetts. I fished with my buddy Bob, and we meet up with our other long-time fishing buddies Al and John. We put a bet on biggest fish, which John easily won with a largemouth around 4.5 pounds. I caught several decent largemouth, and Bob caught a pretty nice smallie.

Here is one of my bass:

And here's John's luncker:

Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Al, John, Bob, & Ed. Names sound like its the beginning of a Stephen King book. Haha.
Post 323 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@esaravo Al, John, Bob, & Ed. Names sound like its the beginning of a Stephen King book. Haha.

Let’s see.

A high school science teacher, a police detective, a retired cop who now works security at a government site, and an HVAC guy go on a fishing trip. What could go wrong?
Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo seriously.... that sounds like a complete character development. Even the fishing trip could be used.

Ed sits by his two fishing rods, anticipating one of them to start bending in hopes of catching a huge catfish so he can brag to his friends. Al, and John went to the local gas station that also doubles as the local grill, to gather lunch for everyone. Bob took the boat out onto the lake in a cove to see if any crappie were turning. As Ed is sitting by the camp, he notices a shiny green apple. He eyeballs it then back to his rods, then back at the apple. He says to himself "if Al & John dont get back soon, I'm gonna eat whoever's apple that is." He waits another five minutes, then hunger gets the best of him. He picks up the apple and bites down into it, but suddenly feels a sharp pain in his lower jaw. He pulls the apple away and notices it has a fishing line going through it, and connected to that line is a hook. He then starts to feel pulling as the line tightens, it makes him stand up instinctively and grab the line with both hands. He's being pulled now, as his eyes trace for the beginning of where the line originates. He sees that its coming from out of the middle of the dark water. As his feet now hit the muddy lakes edge, he remembers his knife and pulls it out of his pocket. Just when he's about to cut the line, he's pulled forward violently and he drops his knife in the murky, dark water. He cries for help but there is no one in range to hear. Last we see of Ed are bubbles from the dark, still waters. About ten minutes later, Bob returns with the boat back to camp. Looking around, he sees no sign of Ed. He also notices the vehicle is not back yet and figures that Ed went walking on foot around the lake to find a better spot to fish. Bob sits down in Ed's chair, stomach growling, he looks over to his right and sees a shiny green apple...
Post 325 IP   flag post
Pretty decent day. Browns, bows, and a surprise sucker. Lost a few others too.

Post 326 IP   flag post

Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
From a while ago, but my daughters thoughts on my catch was the real moment 😂

Her first catch was a 2lb largemouth
Post 328 IP   flag post
@RexMuff lmao. That's awesome.
Post 329 IP   flag post
@RexMuff - Love that expression! Hope she is still fishing.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601275 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?