Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Borock on Youtube tonight7428

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Borock will be on a youtube broadcast of the NY Warriors tonight at 10 pm Eastern Time. I got this from a facebook post and am just passing the info along.

Link to YouTube channel.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think we can get pertinent highlights of Steve's interview transcribed and posted in the forum?
Post 2 IP   flag post
That's a cool idea, but I doubt they transcribe any of their broadcasts. I can certainly reach out to them and see if they do though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I watched most of it. The hard hitting questions were not asked or answered though. Felt like a big "patting each other on the back" if you ask me. Was completely biased.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I asked (and they asked Steve) right at the beginning what they are doing to address the long turn around times, which Steve answered by saying essentially they're hiring etc..

I also asked (which they did not ask Steve) how they are addressing the virtually non-existent Customer Service Desk/telephone/email.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC We just hired two more people for Customer Service. I don't know how long it will take to train them before they're given a phone to answer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@GAC We just hired two more people for Customer Service. I don't know how long it will take to train them before they're given a phone to answer.

Why doesn't one of Darth Lego's buddies still here on the boards ask you why you are still going to conventions with a six month pressing back log here on the forums or via PM and pass that information on to him?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Because they're only trolls behind people's backs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Valid question, you know.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Fair enough, and the answer is that the last show I went to was Baltimore 2017. I've not been to any other shows this year because we're trying to catch up. One show per year is not unreasonable.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Agreed. Thank you for answering the question.
Post 11 IP   flag post
No problem. If there are any other "hard hitting questions" you felt didn't get answered, give them to me and I'll see what I can do about it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I did listen to the video last night. Mr. Borock said that the magazine slab is being pushed back because of cost and not enough demand for getting magazines graded/slabbed.

I was hoping someone would ask Mr. Borock about the news (rumor?) of a new regular comic-sized slab that's supposed to be unveiled in 2019. I just wondered if that is still in the works, or has that been push backed as well.
Post 13 IP   flag post
They are also changing the colour of the VSP label....announcement forthcoming
Post 14 IP   flag post
1. There is more than plenty demand for magazine holders. Why would you suggest otherwise? The forum members including myself for the past 3 years have asked for it.
2. They are going to stop honoring Stan Lee ASP and VSP signatures. How does this effect all the constant incoming submissions and what are you going to do about the "cut off" transition?
3. Is there going to be a new case design next year, yet again?
4. Am I a troll, and whose back am I mounted on?
5. I ask respectful questions while attempting to follow the forum guidelines without questioning the decisions of moderators. Do you think it would be prudent to hire an online customer service laison on the forum?
6. Some of these concerns are coming from someone who spent more than thousands of dollars on blue and red rivet labels, and then yet a better cleaner label was unveiled right after all my books were shipped. So now there will be yet another label change (which we all saw coming from the buyout)
7. Is it wise to keep pressing in Florida when there is an obvious logistics issue concerning shipping to Dallas for grading when TATs are already elevated with no end in sight?
8. Is pressing staying in Florida because you did not wish to move to Texas? This honestly sounds like a training nightmare for graders and pressers.
9. Are you going to suspend me for asking honest questions?
10. Why are banned members from forum still allowed to send you books and money if you don't want their business on the forum otherwise?
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
They are also changing the colour of the VSP label....announcement forthcoming

Now thats some good news
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Steve is typing!
Post 17 IP   flag post
1) I do believe there will be a magazine holder in 2019. We will know more after the first of the year.

2) I don't have any info on this, so I'll elect to punt until I can find out more. I'll talk to Borock about it in Baltimore next week.

3) There will be a new case. I think it will happen Q1 2019. More info will be released as we get closer.

4) Some trolls are under bridges.

5) I don't think there is enough traffic on the forum to hire someone specifically to sit and monitor the forum. AKA, I can ask for help on the forum, but as shorthanded as we are everywhere else, I doubt it will happen.

6) To my knowledge there is not going to be a redesigned label. Just a new case.

7&8) Pressing is going to stay in Florida as a remote office. By doing this we managed to keep valuable employees that have been with CBCS since we opened. It is not causing a logistics problem, but quite the contrary, we used this opportunity to program an amazingly robust tracking system that we are testing at the pressing office. At some point we hope to roll it out company-wide with integration into our system's back end, resulting in features that can be added on the user end that will result in fewer questions and better logistical tracking for our customers on orders that are in-house.

9) No.

10) The forum is a feature and has nothing to do with a customer's ability to submit books. The two entities are totally separate.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I hope a magazine size makes it to production. I have at least 5 that are waiting!
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I hope a magazine size makes it to production. I have at least 5 that are waiting!

Same, I'd send in about 6 or 7
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thank you again for answering my questions. I wasn't sure if you were going to answer them or not. Very informative.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Do you think we can get pertinent highlights of Steve's interview transcribed and posted in the forum?

I just talked with Enrique, they do not transcribe their broadcasts. If anyone feels up to the challenge, go for it!!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Don't worry, if you get banned from the forum it'll be for a completely legitimate reason, the same as everyone else that's been shown the door.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thank you for your candor. I'm well aware that you and the rest of CBCS is doing everything they can to catch up.

Conversely I'm curious if I'll get my Original Art back sooner if I can get a hold of Customer Service and ask if they can split my order. I submitted it with 2 moderns. Any insight if that's possible?
Post 24 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Don't worry, if you get banned from the forum it'll be for a completely legitimate reason, the same as everyone else that's been shown the door.

#Soon?
Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post
Another hard hitting question:

11.) Will you notate "Batman Damned #1" as the "First appearance of Batman's Batwang"?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I did listen to the video last night. Mr. Borock said that the magazine slab is being pushed back because of cost and not enough demand for getting magazines graded/slabbed.

I wonder how this was determined?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:

11.) Will you notate "Batman Damned #1" as the "First appearance of Batman's Batwang"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain

I wonder how this was determined?

It boils down to this. The mold for the mag holder will cost about $50k, that's not including the cost of design. Even if we position the price for mag service where we could net $10 per book, we'd have to slab 5,000 magazines before we made a single dollar.

"I have 5" and "I can get 10 slabbed" is demand, but it's a trickle compared to the comic market. Magazines, while very collectible, by an large are not expensive to get into. Aside from a few key issues, the vast bulk of magazines, even in high grades, are extremely affordable. For us to make $10 per book, we'd probably have to charge close to $30 for the base tier. It's exponentially more costly for us to grade magazines because they have a LOT more pages to count, the raw material of the case would cost us more, and they are more expensive to ship.

Throw in the fact that, as obscure of a niche market as they were in the '70s, they're all but gone from the new comic book market, so it's not like there is renewable interest in the product.

I'd love to offer the product. I am a huge magazine collector and have been pushing for us to do this since we opened, but as a businessman, I do know that there has to be logic behind the decision. And that logic has to include making money, not throwing it away.

As I said before, I think it will happen, but that may be my heart talking instead of my head. I sure hope we do.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Post 30 IP   flag post
601426 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?