Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe742

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Who else is looking forward to this book?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
What is the book about?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Since the inception of the new IDW series, they have successfully and seamlessly held cohesion together between all the verious mini-series and one-shot specials and circled back to the main regular series. It's hard to explain, but if you own ALL the books, it all goes together shockingly. So this new series will take all those books and titles and streamline it into one comic book series. They claim an all new story by Eastman will be involved, supposedly about Baxter Stockman getting kidnapped or something.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jayzer private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone seen what the Laird/Eastman cover looks like I haven't seen a pic of it yet?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know but the more series they print the more I'm sitting on a fat windfall.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke It's always nice to be able to get into a new book at #1. I love the cover art on this one too. I hope this series lasts into some high numbers, unlike Marvel who thinks rebooting to #1 every other year is somehow a good thing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
So does this mean the current run of IDW TMNT is going to end and they are continuing with this issue?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector luckroy private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to this as well.

From what I understand, the current ongoing will continue and this will run in parallel and in continuity. They are going to use it to explore storylines that they can't fit into the main title.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@kaptainmyke It's always nice to be able to get into a new book at #1. I love the cover art on this one too. I hope this series lasts into some high numbers, unlike Marvel who thinks rebooting to #1 every other year is somehow a good thing.

Exactly why I stopped collecting any serious new modern books. (Except TMNT) I actually stopped my Amazing Spider-man collection 1-700. I am not getting any more Spiderman titles after the main run of 1-700. I do not even acknowledge the other titles existence. I've even avoided Web of, Spect, and self titled Spidey titles for decades, unless it involved the black costume. These spin off titles and variants make me want to stay in the silver and bronze age of comics.
Post 10 IP   flag post
One of the reasons I respect DC's decision to return to legacy numbers on Action and Detective. Looking forward to those #1000s.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Eastman variant.

Post 12 IP   flag post
A NESessary piece in any TNNT collection.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Man I hope this doesn't become another Batman or Harley with an insane amount of variants.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I never cared for the art style. I find that halo distracting and it doesn't look natural. Of the 3 images posted above, I find the 3rd to be easiest on the eyes. If the 1st image didn't have the halo, it wins.

Just my 2c
Post 15 IP   flag post
oooo i like the NES cover I hope I'm getting that one in my box(es).
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The Eastman variant.

This book is such an oddity when seen in person. Saw one at a shop today, they wanted $25 on it and I had already well exceeded my limit. Back to the book, it looks embossed or almost like it's chromium, but it's neither. It's definitely got my interest going, gonna see what the online pricing gods can do for me before I commit to what the store wanted.
Post 18 IP   flag post
You can get it now before it becomes $150 next year
Post 19 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke is that Krang cover an actual variant or a sketch?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Sketch cover, done in black sharpie and oil pastels. By me. Brah
Post 21 IP   flag post
That's awesome
Post 22 IP   flag post
600882 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?