Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Schedule an appointment with us!7401

Collector TriL0gy private msg quote post Address this user
My appointment for Tuesday 10/09/2018 got cancelled.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Is it still only a $5 fee for dropping off and picking up from the Clearwater office? I was trying to make up an invoice tonight and I can choose the Clearwater location, but then I have to choose a shipping method. It's not outrageous, just like $30. But i like to save money whenever I can. If I choose the Texas location it gives the $5 option. Thanks for any info.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

That said, I will ask that people stop picking apart everything said publicly by CBCS staff. I get that people are frustrated, but we are doing the best we can. We're starting to catch up but we can only eat the elephant a bite at a time. People are also complaining that there is a blackout of public communication from us, but any time a CBCS employee says anything, they're publicly drawn and quartered. Borock can't even post a picture of a cool book we got in on Facebook without a game of "who's order is the latest?" and "who is madder than I am?" in the comment field. And I won't even get started on the phone calls Jake deals with day in/day out.

THIS....
OMG - does EVERY post have to turn into how long it's taking to get books back? People are continuing to submit books for grading. For a lot of people, the idea of putting their precious's in a box and handing them to USPS/UPS/FedEx is scary. And costs money. If they are nearby one of the CBCS locations - or going to be - it is well worth it for peace of mind and cash saved to hand the books to a CBCS employee IN PERSON.

I'm not one of those people. I've been doing mail order of collectible comics since 1978. I know for a fact that if you package securely, insure the package and require a signature on delivery it will get there safely 99.99% of the time. The other .001% is what the insurance is for. But I've had collectors drive as long as six hours to give me or pick up from me books. Because THEY didn't feel comfortable trusting a shipping service.

So chill. This is a a good thing. Something customers want. And it doesn't affect TAT's at all. The books were going to be submitted regardless. The staff accepting such books are not involved in grading, encapsulation or shipping.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Well IRONMAN,
Not only do I have a 320 comic books in PROCESSING which goes back to April 2018 but AS A GOLD MEMBER this is what my charges look like! I've called and left many a message. I see a problem here. So when you say to "Chill" I have a hard time with that. I hope you have better luck with your TAT and Not charged $28.oo for a MODERN.

Kull the Destroyer #2 [1974]
null, Bronze Age x1 $52.00
Marvel Triple Action #16 [1974]
Marvel Triple Action #9 [1974]
Mighty Avengers #63 [1974]
Mighty Avengers #64 [1974]
X-Men #88 [1974]
X-Men #90 [1974]
Invaders #1 [1975]
null, Bronze Age x1 $28.00
Iron Fist #3 [1975]
Omega the Unknown #4 [1975]
Power Man #31 [1975]
Son of Satan #2 [1975]
Spectacular Spider-Man #28 [1975]
Strange Tales #185 [1975]
Strange Tales #185 [1975]
Super Villain Team Up #11 [1975]
Thor #232 [1975]
Thor #239 [1975]
Thor #244 [1975]
Thor #245 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #29 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #33 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #46 [1975]
Tomb of Darkness #20 [1975]
Tomb of Darkness #21 [1975]
Warlock #11 [1975]
Weird Wonder Tales #15 [1975]
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel
Yes, there is a problem here. I understand your concern/problem/issue. CBCS understands your frustration. But there is also a thread for this problem. The CBCS Turnaround thread. I politely suggest that if you must post up about such - that is the thread to post up how (excessively) long your books are taking to get done.

THIS thread is about CBCS offering people a simpler way to schedule in person dropping off of their books at one of the two CBCS locations in Texas or Florida. Something people WANT. It's NOT NEW, people have always dropped off or picked up books at CBCS (and CGC) - and IT DOESN'T affect TAT's. Your books will NOT be made later still because of this.

Answering your question to Jake.... You COULD call and get a person. If a lot less people would quit calling ONLY to complain about how long it is taking. It is taking longer - a lot longer - than was expected. If people only called to update addresses, credit card information and the various other NOT ABOUT TAT issues, you'd be able to get through on the phone no problem.

People answering the phone don't grade books. They don't make labels, they don't encapsulate, they don't QC. Bitching at them doesn't actually make things better. It makes things worse.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Ironman,
True. It's just frustrating with the wait, extra charges and no CBCS person to correct them.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector the_mick private msg quote post Address this user
....questions answered/resolved.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector ComicE2 private msg quote post Address this user
How are the fee's to drop off and pickup?

Thank you!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector the_mick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicE2

Thank you!

....I dropped off at megacon tampa, picked up at Clearwater office, as far as I know there were no additional fees for doing so. The office is easy to find in an office complex right off of the main road, go early so you can try the reuben at the deli next door 😁
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicE2

Thank you!

....I dropped off at megacon tampa, picked up at Clearwater office, as far as I know there were no additional fees for doing so. The office is easy to find in an office complex right off of the main road, go early so you can try the reuben at the deli next door 😁

OK, I only asked because of the statement on there web page.I would be going to the Dallas location.

"Submissions can be dropped off or picked up at either of the addresses listed.
Handling fees will apply on drop-offs."
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Had no issue dropping off at SC con dropped off about 120 blue label subs and about 19 yellow label subs and there were no extra fees to drop them off at a Con, Total drop off amount about $1450.00 for grading all modern. Saved about $200 not shipping out myself. I have a friend who spends $ on a one day ticket at any con nearby just so he can drop off in person and he saves a lot and it’s better for the blood pressure Lol! Not sure any of this helps just thought I’d throw it out there
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Walker1 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently sent books by mail and had it so they had to sign when recieved(sent usps). They signed, sent an e mail when the books were put away until graded, once grading started and I am sure once sent out. To ease nerves use a system that tracks mail sent out like usps.
Post 37 IP   flag post
When will you start excepting drop off's again in Dallas?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
We are open for drop-offs and pick-ups during the following limited hours:
Wednesdays: 10 am until 12 noon
Fridays: 10 am until 12 noon
​
These are the only hours at this time.
No Appointment needed! We do ask that if dropping off you have all your submission forms and paperwork ready before showing up as out from lobby is still closed.
​
If you have any questions please let us know!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
As of July 27th 2020, we are no longer open for public drop offs or pick ups.

If you have any drop off or pick up issues or request please email me at dhayden@cbcscomics.com
Post 40 IP   flag post
Are you allow drop off's when you have to pick up orders?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Well....

I did get a notice I had book to pickup. But could not reach anyone and I understand why. It been quit had on everyone this year. But what is the new way to schedule a pickup now. I know they had a calendar before. But is there a number to call because I know email can take a while to see.
Order#
20-27F4CA4
20-27AA2AD
Thank you,
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Sigillite private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I have been informed that my order (through GenuineCOA) 21-2569498 is ready for pick up and I cannot make an appointment through the link that was sent to me and noone answers the phone when I call. can I please make an appointment to pick up my books?
Post 43 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Sigillite Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
As of July 27th 2020, we are no longer open for public drop offs or pick ups.

If you have any drop off or pick up issues or request please email me at dhayden@cbcscomics.com
Post 44 IP   flag post
597913 44 19
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.