Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Schedule an appointment with us!7401

FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
We set something up to make scheduling an in-person appointment with us more convenient.

Clicking here will bring to you a page to schedule your drop-offs and pick-ups at both our Dallas and Clearwater locations.

There are a lot of great things on the horizon for us, you, and the hobby as a whole, and this is just one of the beginning changes and additions coming to CBCS.

We share more over the next several months!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
This is just my opinion,

I would get my turn around time under control before I would make it more convenient to drop off in person.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
We set something up to make scheduling an in-person appointment with us more convenient.

Clicking here will bring to you a page to schedule your drop-offs and pick-ups at both our Dallas and Clearwater locations.

There are a lot of great things on the horizon for us, you, and the hobby as a whole, and this is just one of the beginning changes and additions coming to CBCS.

Jake, I understand the move, setting up and everything but when can we call and get a person?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
Or a reply to our emails? An order that I dropped off in April, at FanExpo Dallas, was delivered to my house today. The good news is the Grades were on point. A CGC 9.8 comic that I had cracked and signed came back as a CBCS 9.8. The bad news is that one of your CSR’s told me in July , with you now being local, I could pick up the books and get a refund on the shipping. I was instructed to wait for the shipping email, then contact customer service again and schedule a time to pick them up. Tuesday was 23 weeks, so I emailed customer service again, explained the previous email and asked them to check the order and let me know when I could come by. I didn’t get a response. Yesterday I got the shipping email, I forwarded it to customer service, again explaining picking them up so I didn’t pay $1 a mile to have them delivered. I asked if I could come by Friday afternoon. No response from Customer Service. I received my tracking number this morning. The package was delivered shortly after I received the tracking info. I was okay with waiting twice as long as I was told it would take for my order to be completed, I understood the back log due to moving your entire business to Dallas. It’s disappointing that I the customer, was told I could pick them up, given instructions on what to do, had to follow up about my order, which coincidentally had my order sent out of grading, which was the status for the past 6+ weeks, received no update or response and had my order shipped 2 months after someone should have notated that I wanted to pick them up. I was thrilled when I heard you guys were going to be local. With this being my first experience with CBCS, it’s left me rather dissapointed. As a CEO, I’m sure you know what KPI’s are being hit and which ones are lacking. A customer service department that has a full voice mail and fails to respond to their customers can be a huge hindrance to a company’s bottom line. I’m glad setting an appointment is possible now. Unfortunately for me it’s a few days too late, and I have a feeling my order would have still been shipped out before I received the shipping email.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Received May 22nd...still says submitted on the dashboard
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think management lives on another planet.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel

Jake, I understand the move, setting up and everything but when can we call and get a person?

We have very limited staff available on the phones. The best course to take would be to email us.

customerservice@cbcscomics.com
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
This is just my opinion,

I would get my turn around time under control before I would make it more convenient to drop off in person.

this is right on point. could not have suggested this better myself.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
Quote:
This is just my opinion,

Completely misses the mark...the TATs is one part of what they do. The rest of the company does not shut down because of long TATs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
Quote:
This is just my opinion,

Completely misses the mark...the TATs is one part of what they do. The rest of the company does not shut down because of long TATs.

This is true, but in my business if one branch needs a little help, I would put a short pause on all projects until the issue is resolved.

If I was CBCS, I would still take submissions, maybe do less cons until my TAT got more in control. Less on site grading means more people grading that mountain of books they already have.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
...maybe do less cons until my TAT got more in control. Less on site grading means more people grading that mountain of books they already have.

Just to clarify, CBCS has not done any on-site grading at cons this year. Also, with a possible exception or two, graders are not working the con booth this year either. Both of these changes were announced early this year, like in January or February if I remember correctly. The booths are mainly manned by AWs and remote employees if I understand correctly. There may be a person from Dallas at each, I am not sure. I just know that graders are no longer a regular part of the rotation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
...maybe do less cons until my TAT got more in control. Less on site grading means more people grading that mountain of books they already have.

Just to clarify, CBCS has not done any on-site grading at cons this year. Also, with a possible exception or two, graders are not working the con booth this year either. Both of these changes were announced early this year, like in January or February if I remember correctly. The booths are mainly manned by AWs and remote employees if I understand correctly. There may be a person from Dallas at each, I am not sure. I just know that graders are no longer a regular part of the rotation.

I was unaware of this Change. Thanks for the info
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming

This is good news as the Clearwater office is 10 mins away from me. @Jake_Fleming my question is will we also be able to pick up our books by appointment at the Clearwater location?
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Krazywan Yes, but you have to wait on us to send you an email telling you that you can schedule a pickup. From what I understand when Dallas hands the books to FedEx, the system clears it out and sends you the old email, but you can't schedule the pickup until we get the books and make sure everything has arrived safely. Once we do, Jake sends out the email saying you can schedule pickup.

Until we can get the system reprogrammed to the new workflow, Jake sends out the pickup emails manually.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
So aside from being the Customer Service guru, CBCS has @Jake_Fleming doing the pickup/drop-off notifications & scheduling?

Every interaction I’ve had with the man has been professional & courteous, so I figure I’m on pretty solid ground when I say he’s a good guy. However, with that workload, plus flack from the disgruntled masses calling to find out where there books are...

We’ve all heard the joke about being as busy as the one legged man in an ass kicking contest; nobody ever mentions a story where that guy ends well.

Seriously, get the man some help!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Krazywan Yes, but you have to wait on us to send you an email telling you that you can schedule a pickup. From what I understand when Dallas hands the books to FedEx, the system clears it out and sends you the old email, but you can't schedule the pickup until we get the books and make sure everything has arrived safely. Once we do, Jake sends out the email saying you can schedule pickup.

Until we can get the system reprogrammed to the new workflow, Jake sends out the pickup emails manually.
Thanks for the reply @SteveRicketts, this is good news to me🍻
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
So aside from being the Customer Service guru, CBCS has @Jake_Fleming doing the pickup/drop-off notifications & scheduling?

Every interaction I’ve had with the man has been professional & courteous, so I figure I’m on pretty solid ground when I say he’s a good guy. However, with that workload, plus flack from the disgruntled masses calling to find out where there books are...

We’ve all heard the joke about being as busy as the one legged man in an ass kicking contest; nobody ever mentions a story where that guy ends well.

Seriously, get the man some help!

By "Jake sends out the emails manually," I mean that the system doesn't automatically generate the email because pickup in Florida is different than the workflow our system was designed for. Jake doesn't have to count the books when they arrive from Dallas, we have another employee that handles it. Sending the email for pickup is as simple as scanning the barcode and clicking a button to send it. We have it automated, but it's not going through our company's back end software. Nobody is sitting at a keyboard to type emails for pickup orders.

That said, yes, Jake does need help. They've hired some people in Dallas to help him. Once they're trained, they'll be taking some of the responsibilities off his shoulders. As great of a job as Jake does, he can't do it all by himself.

That said, I will ask that people stop picking apart everything said publicly by CBCS staff. I get that people are frustrated, but we are doing the best we can. We're starting to catch up but we can only eat the elephant a bite at a time. People are also complaining that there is a blackout of public communication from us, but any time a CBCS employee says anything, they're publicly drawn and quartered. Borock can't even post a picture of a cool book we got in on Facebook without a game of "who's order is the latest?" and "who is madder than I am?" in the comment field. And I won't even get started on the phone calls Jake deals with day in/day out.

I get it, we're a public company and this is the information age, but the CBCS employees are real people and they're doing their damnedest to get the orders out. They're working overtime and going way above and beyond every day. Honestly, it doesn't bother me because my skin is thicker than an alligator, hence the reason you still see me commenting, but I believe it does play a part in the lack of public communication from other employees.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just that guy who will say the thing that nobody else will say. Well, except for Bildhauser. If this seems like I'm directing this at you, I'm not and I certainly don't mean any offense by it. It's just something that popped into my head because I know how hard the CBCS employees are working, and they're not getting the public support they deserve. Believe me, everyone here wants to have short turnaround times again. It's easier on everyone.
Post 17 IP   flag post
18-1A1D046 is the invoice number. Please look it up for me.
Post 18 IP   flag post
You'll have to email customerservice@cbcscomics.com
I can't see any information about your order. They have more access than I do.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
You'll have to email customerservice@cbcscomics.com
I can't see any information about your order. They have more access than I do.

Already done that many times that is why I am trying here.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Is it Beckett that is doing the VSP material? I am wondering if the delays there is Beckett’s fault. That’s what I am waiting on with my invoice.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
I think management lives on another planet.
No, they just don't care AT ALL. They already got your money. That is why CBCS has poor customer service.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Is it an appointment to get a job grading books to speed up TaT?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user
Just a question, why wasn't this anticipated???? Why wasn't there enough people to start grading as soon as the flow of books arrived to the new location???? You still have pressings in florida, you should have split the work load to finish the orders that was submitted in the first 4 to 5 months of the beginning of this year and maybe this problem with the delays wouldn't be this bad..
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector TriL0gy private msg quote post Address this user
My appointment for Tuesday 10/09/2018 got cancelled.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Is it still only a $5 fee for dropping off and picking up from the Clearwater office? I was trying to make up an invoice tonight and I can choose the Clearwater location, but then I have to choose a shipping method. It's not outrageous, just like $30. But i like to save money whenever I can. If I choose the Texas location it gives the $5 option. Thanks for any info.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That said, I will ask that people stop picking apart everything said publicly by CBCS staff. I get that people are frustrated, but we are doing the best we can. We're starting to catch up but we can only eat the elephant a bite at a time. People are also complaining that there is a blackout of public communication from us, but any time a CBCS employee says anything, they're publicly drawn and quartered. Borock can't even post a picture of a cool book we got in on Facebook without a game of "who's order is the latest?" and "who is madder than I am?" in the comment field. And I won't even get started on the phone calls Jake deals with day in/day out.

THIS....
OMG - does EVERY post have to turn into how long it's taking to get books back? People are continuing to submit books for grading. For a lot of people, the idea of putting their precious's in a box and handing them to USPS/UPS/FedEx is scary. And costs money. If they are nearby one of the CBCS locations - or going to be - it is well worth it for peace of mind and cash saved to hand the books to a CBCS employee IN PERSON.

I'm not one of those people. I've been doing mail order of collectible comics since 1978. I know for a fact that if you package securely, insure the package and require a signature on delivery it will get there safely 99.99% of the time. The other .001% is what the insurance is for. But I've had collectors drive as long as six hours to give me or pick up from me books. Because THEY didn't feel comfortable trusting a shipping service.

So chill. This is a a good thing. Something customers want. And it doesn't affect TAT's at all. The books were going to be submitted regardless. The staff accepting such books are not involved in grading, encapsulation or shipping.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Well IRONMAN,
Not only do I have a 320 comic books in PROCESSING which goes back to April 2018 but AS A GOLD MEMBER this is what my charges look like! I've called and left many a message. I see a problem here. So when you say to "Chill" I have a hard time with that. I hope you have better luck with your TAT and Not charged $28.oo for a MODERN.

Kull the Destroyer #2 [1974]
null, Bronze Age x1 $52.00
Marvel Triple Action #16 [1974]
Marvel Triple Action #9 [1974]
Mighty Avengers #63 [1974]
Mighty Avengers #64 [1974]
X-Men #88 [1974]
X-Men #90 [1974]
Invaders #1 [1975]
null, Bronze Age x1 $28.00
Iron Fist #3 [1975]
Omega the Unknown #4 [1975]
Power Man #31 [1975]
Son of Satan #2 [1975]
Spectacular Spider-Man #28 [1975]
Strange Tales #185 [1975]
Strange Tales #185 [1975]
Super Villain Team Up #11 [1975]
Thor #232 [1975]
Thor #239 [1975]
Thor #244 [1975]
Thor #245 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #29 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #33 [1975]
Tomb of Darcula #46 [1975]
Tomb of Darkness #20 [1975]
Tomb of Darkness #21 [1975]
Warlock #11 [1975]
Weird Wonder Tales #15 [1975]
Post 29 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Rafel
Yes, there is a problem here. I understand your concern/problem/issue. CBCS understands your frustration. But there is also a thread for this problem. The CBCS Turnaround thread. I politely suggest that if you must post up about such - that is the thread to post up how (excessively) long your books are taking to get done.

THIS thread is about CBCS offering people a simpler way to schedule in person dropping off of their books at one of the two CBCS locations in Texas or Florida. Something people WANT. It's NOT NEW, people have always dropped off or picked up books at CBCS (and CGC) - and IT DOESN'T affect TAT's. Your books will NOT be made later still because of this.

Answering your question to Jake.... You COULD call and get a person. If a lot less people would quit calling ONLY to complain about how long it is taking. It is taking longer - a lot longer - than was expected. If people only called to update addresses, credit card information and the various other NOT ABOUT TAT issues, you'd be able to get through on the phone no problem.

People answering the phone don't grade books. They don't make labels, they don't encapsulate, they don't QC. Bitching at them doesn't actually make things better. It makes things worse.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601269 44 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.