Post 101 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 102 IP   flag post

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I should've posted this scan here. I got it awhile back.

Post 105 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone is interested, clickable text there's a couple of pence magazines up for auction.

Post 106 IP   flag post

Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Just a few that I have left

Post 108 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one who reads these covers with a British accent?

Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Am I the only one who reads these covers with a British accent

Sure there's a few of us on here from this side of the pond that do me old mucker
Post 110 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you in the location of Britain (I think) a free 3 pence coin from royal mint

Yes. I realize it's not a comic book. But it is a pence....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/04/royal-mint-give-away-1-million-worth-thruppences-stop-coin-collecting/
Post 111 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

babies first pence... compliments of @GAC’s sales thread, and I highly recommend.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
For those of you in the location of Britain (I think) a free 3 pence coin from royal mint

Yes. I realize it's not a comic book. But it is a pence....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/04/royal-mint-give-away-1-million-worth-thruppences-stop-coin-collecting/

Thruppy piece ....my that brings back some wounerful memories, one of which was my dear auld mother putting one in a Xmas pudding and my brothers and sisters were all hoping it would be them that got the serving with the 3d in it 😊
Post 113 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan

I'm glad it brings back happy memories. If they were negative, it was my doppelganger..

Your flag is unfamiliar to me. Are you eligible to apply for the free coin? I think it's pretty cool that they are trying to trigger interest in collecting again....

Even better question. Did you ever win and get the 3 pence?
Post 114 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte

Quote:
@no1lufcfan

Your flag is unfamiliar to me.

Ireland 🇮🇪
Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
@no1lufcfan

I'm glad it brings back happy memories. If they were negative, it was my doppelganger..

Your flag is unfamiliar to me. Are you eligible to apply for the free coin? I think it's pretty cool that they are trying to trigger interest in collecting again....

Even better question. Did you ever win and get the 3 pence?

Yes its commendable that the UK is trying this to trigger interest in collecting again 👍

I honestly do not remember winning 3d but I do remember winning 6d when mum increased the price a few years latter

@Bronte spot on 👍
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

babies first pence... compliments of @GAC’s sales thread, and I highly recommend.

Nice! Welcome to the wonderful world of the pence copy!
Post 117 IP   flag post
Slightly off topic question but besides the obvious wear and tear of this book how much extra does a dealers stamp like this "exchange" one effect the grade of this book

Post 118 IP   flag post

Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Slightly off topic question but besides the obvious wear and tear of this book how much extra does a dealers stamp like this "exchange" one effect the grade of this book

I've read that store and date stamps won't affect the grade too negatively due to it being part of the distribution process, but somehow I don't find comfort in that answer.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Congrats on finally finding that DD 168!!! Super jealous. 🍻
Post 121 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Those look amazing. Whomever is your source, you need to buy more comics from them!

Quote:

Post 122 IP   flag post
thanks! I got a few more on the way, so pics in about two weeks.
Post 123 IP   flag post

Post 124 IP   flag post
Unfortunately, the British Pound is starting to rise with the news of Johnson's win. The Pound is now at an exchange rate of approximately $1.34 for £1. It doesn't seem like much, but trust me, it adds up. I might have to be more picky when it comes to buying from across the pond for a little bit.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Unfortunately, the British Pound is starting to rise with the news of Johnson's win. The Pound is now at an exchange rate of approximately $1.34 for £1. It doesn't seem like much, but trust me, it adds up. I might have to be more picky when it comes to buying from across the pond for a little bit.

They are insane!! So the currency is rising even though they are going to crash out of the EU?!
We truly live in interesting times.
Maybe I'll be wrong but UK doesn't really produce much of anything and they are an island who will need to import most of their goods...and most of the world is no longer part of the 'empire'.

Would like to go on vacation there again - need the currency to crash a bit

Shipping is a killer from UK to CAD, imagine not much better to the US?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Shipping from the UK isn't too bad. I can get a package tracked and signed from there for about £8-£10. Not bad, considering for me to send a package first class international tracked is like $22 or so. I usually have to order more than a few books to really help justify the cost of ordering from overseas. My only other options for pence books in the US seem to be Mile High (too outrageous on price) and MCS (not enough selection). I did order an Iron Man 100 pence from Reece's Rare Comics and was actually impressed with the book. I'll have to go through their selection. Doug Sulipa could be another option if I can force myself to go through that abomination of a website he has.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Shipping from the UK isn't too bad. I can get a package tracked and signed from there for about £8-£10. Not bad, considering for me to send a package first class international tracked is like $22 or so. I usually have to order more than a few books to really help justify the cost of ordering from overseas. My only other options for pence books in the US seem to be Mile High (too outrageous on price) and MCS (not enough selection). I did order an Iron Man 100 pence from Reece's Rare Comics and was actually impressed with the book. I'll have to go through their selection. Doug Sulipa could be another option if I can force myself to go through that abomination of a website he has.

Doug's website makes Mile High's look goooooood. I have ordered from Doug and was beyond pleased with their quality and customer service. I definitely would order from them again.
Post 128 IP   flag post

Post 129 IP   flag post
Not pence price variants, but a few UK magazines

Post 130 IP   flag post
600892 207 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?