Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

wow those are really neat this is the only pence copy of all my comics that i own
Post 9 IP   flag post
I thought it was kind of cool. 70's and 80's stuff. I have no idea if they are worth anything or not. Anyone know???
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I thought it was kind of cool. 70's and 80's stuff. I have no idea if they are worth anything or not. Anyone know???

Shame on you Mr Jack for sullying this site with questions of a pecuniary nature.

In truth, a lot of these British reprints can be found on eBayUK for 2 or 3 quid each. They are a relatively inexpensive way of obtaining some great covers and stories from the silver/bronze ages. The problem for the American collector is the postage costs.

Some do go for higher sums (the 1975 series of Captain Britain* for instance especially the #8 which has the first ever appearance of Kitty/Psylocke anywhere) but never get anywhere near US silver/bronze prices.

* https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAPTAIN-BRITAIN-MARVEL-8-First-Psylocke/113231682389?hash=item1a5d225b55:g:upQAAOSw1rFbjSZE

* https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAPTAIN-BRITAIN-8-CGC-9-4-MARVEL-1ST-APP-PSYLOCKE-WHITE-PGS-DECEMBER-1976-SA/362410155954?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170920101022%26meid%3Da6045b6398414268aab6d6dfe7d54697%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D113231682389%26itm%3D362410155954&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite Pence cover:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I saw the title of this thread for and for a brief instant the image of Mike Pence in a torrid bromance with a CBCS forumite popped into my twisted mind. Apologies to the original poster for that gross malaprop which once conceived can't be easily unseen.

Sheeesh! I watch waaaay too much CNN.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My favorite Pence cover:

Nice comic Ed. That AS-M #50 sure is an iconic cover. Notice though how in the UK reprint the figure of Peter is so much larger than the US original. I know absolutely nothing about the printing processes but I do wonder how they did that?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster I'm trying to see if I can find a list of Marvel pence books. So far no such luck, but I've enjoyed seeing these and may add a few more pence variants to my collection. I think I'm up to two right now. Should be there come Wednesday.
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
Mail call.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Excellent resource on the pence books
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
All of the pence beauties I own. Currently have family in the outer ring of London so there may be opportunity for more.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

“The Titans” logo from 1976 looks very similar to the “The New Teen Titans” logo from 1980.

Post 20 IP   flag post
It wasn't done by Mattina, was it? (Just Kidding).
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Good looking books! I am super jealous of those X-Men books. Currently, I'm looking at a few X-Men 64 pence copies, but nothing is really sticking out condition-wise. I have a couple of good ones that I purchased from Incognito Comics UK last week. Pics will come when they arrive. Super-excited about them. The cents copies would have cost more in the same condition.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley X-men 13 was purchased from a former board member.

It is tough finding high grade pence. The Avengers 85 is probably around an 8-8.5
The Avengers 86 came with it which is not in the best of condition. Deals can be had, but it takes a lot of scouring around.
Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post
Technically not a pence variant, but it's the UK Variant

www.recalledcomics.com/Miracleman1GoldBlue.php

Then this Prog228, first Rogue Trooper. With how these early Progs were produced, I'm not sure many exist in high grade, this isnt one of them

Size comparison:

Post 26 IP   flag post
Picked up my mail.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley The Nomad story line in Cap is my favorite all time story line!!! Great pickup!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley sharp looking copy there.

I will be in London in a few months. I hope I can find some good stores in the city, but if its like NYC the gems are found outside of the city in the outer boroughs or Jersey.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600678 207 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?