Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New pence to my collection7390

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

I saw some comics with this format of pricing at a show and I almost bought them because they were different. I talked myself out of it based upon condition and whatever title it was. I'm trying to narrow my focus on what I buy. So far, my focus is so narrow that I'm not buying much of anything. Dealers aren't bringing the books I want to buy at a price I'll pay.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back

Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Come on Mike, I am trying to be good, and this is not helping. Boy are you killing it!
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm trying to be good. This was one of my last big buys from an across the street member.

I need to sell more stuff, because I got a speeding ticket on the way home from work. Apparently saying that I was in a hurry to take a dump wasn't good enough for just a warning.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

May that officer know extreme personal duress at some point during his on duty time.
If forum had poop emoji I would insert here....
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I'm trying to be good. This was one of my last big buys from an across the street member.

I need to sell more stuff, because I got a speeding ticket on the way home from work. Apparently saying that I was in a hurry to take a dump wasn't good enough for just a warning.

Oh, no! Sorry that happened. It's a crap feeling, n.p.i.

That's a nice looking Avengers 24. I especially like the color. Only thing I don't like about silver age Marvels is the page quality, in general. But that one really pops! I can't tell from here how tight the cover is ... is that top staple a bit loose? Do you reckon it's about a 7.5 or 8.0? Love the color.

I find I'm particularly interested in comics that I've bought and graded and sold before. I've never read those early Avengers, but seeing the #24 I really sit up and notice. I wonder why that is? Some sort of affinity for comics I've owned before...
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
That's a nice looking Avengers 24. I especially like the color. Only thing I don't like about silver age Marvels is the page quality, in general. But that one really pops! I can't tell from here how tight the cover is ... is that top staple a bit loose? Do you reckon it's about a 7.5 or 8.0? Love the color.

I find I'm particularly interested in comics that I've bought and graded and sold before. I've never read those early Avengers, but seeing the #24 I really sit up and notice. I wonder why that is? Some sort of affinity for comics I've owned before...

Thanks! The cover is still tightly attached, and the pages are off white, along with the back cover. There is enough wear on it to make me think it would be in the 7.0-7.5 range. A proper press wouldn't hurt it either. The colors are sharp, even on the interiors. I've found the pence copies of SA and even BA Marvels take on a little more wear than their cents counterparts. Part of it, in my opinion, is the pence copies weren't as desirable, even to UK collectors. I've been lucky enough to find some in nice condition.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley correct. I'm from Australia and everyone turned up their nose to a pence copy. Rather the u.s. cover price copy.
Even to go as far as including the Australian cover price copies in early 90s as less desirable then U.S. cover price books
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I wondered how they'd react to that excuse. Now I'm wondering how they react if you said that you were in the process of taking it because he stopped you.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My brother had the opposite happen. He stated a cop pulled him over, and then said forget it. I have to go to bathroom. Brother counted himself lucky.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I wondered how they'd react to that excuse. Now I'm wondering how they react if you said that you were in the process of taking it because he stopped you.

Cop: "You could have an accident going that fast."
Studley_Dudley: "I could have an accident if I don't!"
Post 62 IP   flag post
I shoulda showed a little skin. Maybe csll him handsome. Just try to make it uncomfortable for him. Oh well.
Post 63 IP   flag post
A NM freebie from the LCS today. Another one off the list.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
You have an LCS that gives you free NM pence comics???? What did you do?? Did you save his dog in a fire, rescue his kid from drowning or stop the Joker from robbing his store??? WOW!!! Nice owner!!!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
You have an LCS that gives you free NM pence comics???? What did you do?? Did you save his dog in a fire, rescue his kid from drowning or stop the Joker from robbing his store??? WOW!!! Nice owner!!!
If only. He gets the occasional pence book in due to the Air Force base being down the road. He gets collections from service members rotating in and out from overseas. Gets the mark jeweler variants in too. Anyways, he told me that I spend enough there and could just have it. I look at it as a way of maintaining positive LCS-customer relations.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Mike, he should roll out a red carpet when you show up for how many comics you post here each week!
Post 67 IP   flag post
247466 67 17
destitute