Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversSignatures

RCCC Sketches7386

Collector shimabuku private msg quote post Address this user
Got these done at RCCC. No I did not submit the books through CBCS. Did not want to wait 8 months for it and hear the same excuse "we are back logged because of the move".

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
What did Adam Hughes charge? Love the musubi Rick!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice books
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
What did Adam Hughes charge? Love the musubi Rick!!

AH was $40.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome Sketches!!
That is the best Pickle Rick I have ever seen!
That AH! was a steal at $40.

Well done!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow those are super cool
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@shimabuku Dude those are rad!!! Congrats man!

I got this from Clayton Crain at RCCC. As my first experience with him and his work in this case left much to be desired. Idk, maybe my expectations are too high. I’m showing this because I know my idea was good but the execution was lackluster at best.

Post 7 IP   flag post
@Odins_Raven in my opinion that is a sick looking cover! Also, I see the red table cover under the book. I'm assuming you submitted with CGC too?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimabuku
@Odins_Raven in my opinion that is a sick looking cover! Also, I see the red table cover under the book. I'm assuming you submitted with CGC too?

Thanks man. I think it’s a great idea and he could have totally killed it! Yes I did sub to CGC but only because I figured I might sell it eventually when I saw what he did and how it differed from what we agreed upon. He seems like a really nice guy so I don’t know what happened or where the wires got crossed.

I gave it to him early Friday and was first on his commission list. He said he liked the idea so much he gave me a “discount” from his regular rate (which I did not ask for). I checked back Saturday, he said he thought I meant I’d be back Sunday so I showed up Sunday @2:30 and he hadn’t even started it. Meanwhile I’m wandering around wanting to go home and he’s done everyone else’s pieces except mine. Then he tells me he forgot his brushes so I wait some more. Finally 45 minutes before the show closes I see he’s signed it and he proceeds to tell me that I should just be grateful he even finished it because he had to use cheap, $2 brushes to get it done. Turns out his “discount” rate was just that, cheap, fast and minimal effort that I had to wait the entire con for only to be underwhelmed. Disappointing considering what I’ve seen him do for others.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Quote:

Thanks man. I think it’s a great idea and he could have totally killed it! Yes I did sub to CGC but only because I figured I might sell it eventually when I saw what he did and how it differed from what we agreed upon. He seems like a really nice guy so I don’t know what happened or where the wires got crossed.

I gave it to him early Friday and was first on his commission list. He said he liked the idea so much he gave me a “discount” from his regular rate (which I did not ask for). I checked back Saturday, he said he thought I meant I’d be back Sunday so I showed up Sunday @2:30 and he hadn’t even started it. Meanwhile I’m wandering around wanting to go home and he’s done everyone else’s pieces except mine. Then he tells me he forgot his brushes so I wait some more. Finally 45 minutes before the show closes I see he’s signed it and he proceeds to tell me that I should just be grateful he even finished it because he had to use cheap, $2 brushes to get it done. Turns out his “discount” rate was just that, cheap, fast and minimal effort that I had to wait the entire con for only to be underwhelmed. Disappointing considering what I’ve seen him do for others.

Sorry that you had to go through all that. Maybe he was overwhelmed with all requests?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry that you had to go through all that. Maybe he was overwhelmed with all requests?

Certainly a possibility, his booth was busy. He did say he would take it home and do some airbrushing. Apparently that didn’t happen. Maybe he’s more comfortable with smaller conventions.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to say, "what is wrong with the sketch?!" and then I read your experience with him. Sorry to hear that. I guess he is human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us.
Post 12 IP   flag post
sketch still looks incredible btw
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Great painting, crappy experience, sorry to hear that.

It is amazing what some people can do with even crappy tools.
Post 14 IP   flag post
“It is amazing what some people can do with even crappy tools.”

Agreed. His talent is undeniable.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
“It is amazing what some people can do with even crappy tools.”

Agreed. His talent is undeniable.

x2
Post 16 IP   flag post
601359 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?