Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For Sale

Ed's Odds and Ends Sale Thread7385

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have accumulated a good amount of comics and comic-related items over the last 40+ years and want to see if anyone on these forums would be interested in some off my stuff. So I am going to try to post a few things on this thread and see if there is any interest.

I have sold or traded with dozens of various people on these forums over the last three plus years. Feel free to ask for references if needed. I accept payment by PayPal in accordance with the selling guidelines established by CBCS. Any items you receive that do not match the pictures and descriptions provided for that item or items may be returned for a refund within 7 days (return shipping at your cost). Item descriptions will provide additional information regarding shipping and shipping related costs.

I am a collector and not a dealer. I do not sell on eBay or at conventions. Many of the items in my collection were bought new when those items were released. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, feel free to send me a PM. I am still collecting, but I am trying to focus on just a few specific titles now, rather than trying to obtain everything that catches my eye.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Pm incoming...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone interested in Venom? I somehow have two copies of the hard-cover book published by Putnam Press in 1994 I believe. Both have the Venom Factor cards still present and un-opened.

Here’s a scan of the first copy. I’d say it’s in VFN condition, but I have included front and rear scans, and a scan of the card for yout review. I am asking $20, postage included, to any US address.

First “I’ll take it” gets it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here are scans of the second copy. The dust cover is not as clean as the first copy, so I am saying this one is probably in FN condition. First “I”ll take it” gets it for $15 shipped anywhere in the US.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Not a single Venom fan! Okay, are there any Jim Starlin fans that would be interested in a super high-grade Warlock Special Edition set? Coming soon...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Here’s a complete Warlock Special Edition set that is in amazing condition. Featuring gorgeous wrap-around covers, Jim Starlin art, Adam Warlock, Thanos, and the Avengers, this set has it all. In my opinion, the conditions of these comics range from 9.4 to 9.6+. You can have all six for $40 shipped (US).

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here’s a complete Warlock Special Edition set that is in amazing condition. Featuring gorgeous wrap-around covers, Jim Starlin art, Adam Warlock, Thanos, and the Avengers, this set has it all. In my opinion, the conditions of these comics range from 9.4 to 9.6+. You can have all six for $40 shipped (US).

If I didn't already own these, I'd buy them. If you don't have them, consider buying them. Reprints of classic great stories with Warlock and Thanos. It would cost you A LOT more to buy the original comics. A great read for a reasonable price.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here are two older giant-sized issues for this evening. In my opinion, the Fantastic Four Special #8 is in G/VG condition and the Marvel Tales #12 is in FN/VFN condition. First $25 (includes US shipping) takes them both.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Is anyone interested in 8 like-new GI Joe Comics? The following appear to be in the 9.4 to 9.6+ range and were all purchased by me when they came out. The #53 would look absolutely amazing if you had it signed by Zeck and had it yellow-labeled by CBCS (no, this copy is not signed or graded, just stating an option/opinion). The first “Take it” gets the lot for $50 shipped (US).

Post 10 IP   flag post
Let’s try just one book this time. Avengers Annual #7 - spoiler alert - Jim Starlin art, the Avengers and Captain Marvel battle some guy named Thanos, and another guy named Adam Warlock dies. This is a good-looking copy with a few flaws, notably a small bend upper-right front corner, small impact bend to bottom-left front corner, and if you look closely to the right of the basketball on the back cover, there is a small tear at the spine. So although the books looks to be around an 8.5, I would probably call it a 7.5. Own this EPIC comic for $50 shipped (US).

Post 11 IP   flag post
For the serious Copper Age collector who won’t settle for second best, take a look at the following comics. Here’s a complete Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars set that I personally inspected and hand-picked when they were released. In my opinion, the books look as near-perfect as can be with stunning cover gloss, razor-sharp corners, and bright white pages. I would say that each one is a serious 9.6 or 9.8 candidate. While I cannot guarantee grades, take a close look for yourself. If you are interested, please PM me and make me a legitimate offer (that I can’t refuse.) One look at these covers should convince you that you would be hard-pressed to find books of this condition in the wild.

Post 12 IP   flag post
The Secret Wars set is sold (thanks Keld).
Post 13 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Batman #227?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes, I have one, Jackie. But it might be too pretty to sell (even if it’s only a mid-grade copy). I almost brought it with me to a convention in CT a few months ago, but I had Neal Adams and Dennis O’Neill sign my copy of #232 (and a GL #76) instead. If CBCS can get caught up, I hope to get them back in December.
Post 15 IP   flag post
598006 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?