Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

All Things Stan Lee Thread7372

Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Those are sick! I bet Stan was impressed with the FF #1. It has to be something of an honor to see something you helped create be cherished.

I'm loving this thread. So many amazing examples. I already posted this one on another thread but in case you missed it, this is my double signed mistake Stan Lee.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
@DJC_II I love that first phoenix.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkpostit
@DJC_II I love that first phoenix.

Thanks!
I've got a cgc death of the Phoenix 137 with stan lee too but my photo of it sucks lol. I want a cgc 101 but man, so expensive!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
@DJC_II I have a first phoenix too but it's in real badddd shape. I don't know what pressing will do. Might press pretty good. I really don't know. I got so many keys I wish Stan could of signed.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping Disney/Marvel put some serious money into a Stan Lee biopic; like Ken Burns/just hand us the Oscar level quality.
Post 30 IP   flag post


Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
It'd be pretty interesting to see what they could do, but I'm not sure how they'd make it, there's some documentaries about Stan, but nothing theater quality. What would be cool is if they can make it like he's a young man and he slips into his thoughts/ideas while he's working at Marvel about a comic book character, suddenly he's that character. I dunno, hopefully if they do a movie about him, make it cool as fk.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkpostit
@Batman66 Those are sick! I bet Stan was impressed with the FF #1. It has to be something of an honor to see something you helped create be cherished.

I'm loving this thread. So many amazing examples. I already posted this one on another thread but in case you missed it, this is my double signed mistake Stan Lee.
im sure Stan has seen hundreds of ff1's and most likely has a near mint copy for himself. Looking back, it was a blessing that it took so long for us to stand in line (7+hours) so long. We weren't supposed to take pics, but the guys at the table was ok with it, because of the wait. We were able to get in the LA comic con the next day for free, there we got to have Todd McFarland sign about 6 of my books for free. Really enjoyed talking to him, way cool.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkpostit
@Batman66 Those are sick! I bet Stan was impressed with the FF #1. It has to be something of an honor to see something you helped create be cherished.

I'm loving this thread. So many amazing examples. I already posted this one on another thread but in case you missed it, this is my double signed mistake Stan Lee.
im sure Stan has seen hundreds of ff1's and most likely has a near mint copy for himself. Looking back, it was a blessing that it took so long for us to stand in line (7+hours) so long. We weren't supposed to take pics, but the guys at the table was ok with it, because of the wait. We were able to get in the LA comic con the next day for free, there we got to have Todd McFarland sign about 6 of my books for free. Really enjoyed talking to him, way cool.


That's really cool, I never waited 7+hours to get my stuff signed, however it was Dallas comicon, so probably not as crazy. I needed to get Todd to sign some stuff but he was too busy and the lines were really long plus time. I'll eventually get to meet him, he's on my list lol.


This was where I had him sign my Hulk 181 but I also gave him my Giant Size Xmen 1 to sign too. He signed the Hulk then signed the GS1 but put the gs1 on top of my Hulk smearing the sig that was still wet. After the line was done the girl with desert wind took it to Stan and he resigned it no extra charge. Also got Len Wein to sign it for $1 lol.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Double signed/smeared Stan Lee on a Hulk 181.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user


Got these a couple years ago. My daughter called him god Stan Lee and he started busting up. It was a great experience.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@kevinlmillard
Very cool!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Double signed/smeared Stan Lee on a Hulk 181.
Yeah. The original sig was very crisp. :.(
I cracked this from a pgx holder graded at a 6.0. It needs a good clean and press. Do the whole sig verify shabang. I'm curious how much it'll upgrade? This one is my baby. Marvel stamp intact too.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlmillard


Got these a couple years ago. My daughter called him god Stan Lee and he started busting up. It was a great experience.

Looks like you all had a blast. This is a Dallas fan expo con? Those were some great events. I should have made more of them. This is the GS#1 that got tossed on my Hulk 181 and smeared the sig. I had Len sign it, then Stan signed it and almost signed over Len's name! I think this was the 2012 Dallas Fandays event. Pretty cool shield and helmet.

Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
@Crunkpostit Yes it was Dallas Fan Expo 2 years ago. I also had him sign this one the year before. That sucks that the signatures were blured like that.

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlmillard
@Crunkpostit Yes it was Dallas Fan Expo 2 years ago. I also had him sign this one the year before. That sucks that the signatures were blured like that.



It doesnt look blurred to me. Looks very nice. Stan did this one in a silver paint pen. The splatch kinda threw me off but it's very nice. He even told me "be very careful it's wet and can smear". Kinda ironic years later with the Hulk and GS1 incident.


Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I met Stan 1990s at Dallas and was and still is an interesting person to talk too.A few i have.





That Venom #1 is suupperr nice!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a couple...


These two are at CBCS now






These all will eventually get reds.







This is the only one there is. It was supposed to go to CBCS but there was a screwup with the facilitator, when funds allow I will probably get it redone.



This one's probably my personal favorite, I bought it slabbed at 4.0 and it came back 5.5 with no cleaning or pressing.




And of course, my treasure.

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Some classic keys there!



This is my vintage.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user



Love this cover.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
I've got a couple...


These two are at CBCS now






These all will eventually get reds.







This is the only one there is. It was supposed to go to CBCS but there was a screwup with the facilitator, when funds allow I will probably get it redone.



This one's probably my personal favorite, I bought it slabbed at 4.0 and it came back 5.5 with no cleaning or pressing.




And of course, my treasure.



These are some sweet grails!!! Here's another one. This isn't as epic but its one of my grails.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user

Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli



Lol cool book. Stan signed in ball point? Two titans in one comic, didnt know they made this.




Stan signed this in silver sharpie with Hickman sig already on cover. Famed black logo chase variant. "Death of Human Torch".
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have much to contribute as Ive never met the guy - which stuns me having collected for over 40yrs. But I do have my wife getting a book signed for my birthday a yr and a half ago when he stopped by her office. thought that was cool
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I don't have much to contribute as Ive never met the guy - which stuns me having collected for over 40yrs. But I do have my wife getting a book signed for my birthday a yr and a half ago when he stopped by her office. thought that was cool


That's really cool! You are very blessed to have such a cool wife. Thanks for sharing!
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@crunkpostit...thank you! she's an amazing woman and I owe her everything .
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
ok...little story behind this book.

For those of you over say... 30 you may remember a time before recycling. My beaver pack (beaver/cubs/scouts etc) had a paper drive going on; basically you collected paper I don't know how but the adults would sell it?? and we would raise money.

I grew up in a small town (3,000 in the town proper - maybe less) so when we were collecting paper etc from Scotts house this book was in with the other paper. I asked the leader if I could keep the book and it has been mine since (so like 1981 or 82 if beavers goes to 7 right??)

Stan and both Romitas were at a convention and all three said they had not seen this book before. It is a hardcover annual from England that I guess Scotts family had brought it back (I think this was one of his older brothers books)

A live case of ones mans trash is another mans treasure!!!




Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
ok...little story behind this book.

For those of you over say... 30 you may remember a time before recycling. My beaver pack (beaver/cubs/scouts etc) had a paper drive going on; basically you collected paper I don't know how but the adults would sell it?? and we would raise money.

I grew up in a small town (3,000 in the town proper - maybe less) so when we were collecting paper etc from Scotts house this book was in with the other paper. I asked the leader if I could keep the book and it has been mine since (so like 1981 or 82 if beavers goes to 7 right??)

Stan and both Romitas were at a convention and all three said they had not seen this book before. It is a hardcover annual from England that I guess Scotts family had brought it back (I think this was one of his older brothers books)

A live case of ones mans trash is another mans treasure!!!




Very nice. I really like the sigs on the inside.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
ok...little story behind this book.

For those of you over say... 30 you may remember a time before recycling. My beaver pack (beaver/cubs/scouts etc) had a paper drive going on; basically you collected paper I don't know how but the adults would sell it?? and we would raise money.

I grew up in a small town (3,000 in the town proper - maybe less) so when we were collecting paper etc from Scotts house this book was in with the other paper. I asked the leader if I could keep the book and it has been mine since (so like 1981 or 82 if beavers goes to 7 right??)

Stan and both Romitas were at a convention and all three said they had not seen this book before. It is a hardcover annual from England that I guess Scotts family had brought it back (I think this was one of his older brothers books)

A live case of ones mans trash is another mans treasure!!!






That's really neat! Maybe it was published exclusively in the UK? I've never seen that eather but the artwork is beautiful!

Keep it coming!
Post 53 IP   flag post
209655 53 28
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute