Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

All Things Stan Lee Thread7372

Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to make this thread to showcase all the items signed by the man himself none other than Stan Lee! Post pics of anything Stan has signed, stories, pictures with you, ect. Anything related. I would love to see your signed comics too. I know there's some really cool ones out there, lets see them!

Some of you may have seen this, but this is my most recent aquisition.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Aliens private msg quote post Address this user
My two witnessed signatures by stan the man. ASM 3 is my favorite book in my collection, it's entering the grave with me. Means more sentimentally then any money value. And I met stan and personally had him sign it for me. The other I found at a good deal and decided to pick it up. I Have 3 other stan signatures, one on a photo of me and him, from the first meeting I had with him and a poster of Spider-Man and stan lee in the side, and a ASM annual 21 Spider-Man Mary Jane wedding cover signed in the 90s I love stan sigs. Thanks for making the thread. P.S. my avatar is the signature that is on the picture of me and him which I bursted into a huge print the second time I met him

Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I met Stan 1990s at Dallas and was and still is an interesting person to talk too.A few i have.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone else watch "Stan Lee's who wants to be a superhero" when it was on tv?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Did anyone else watch "Stan Lee's who wants to be a superhero" when it was on tv?

I remember the one on Spike TV where they showcased people around the world who had unusual abilities.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
[25dfafeadb52d2cd0c42a602fd9cf7ec.jpg[/img] Stan sign these last October, added to my Jack Kirby signature on a silver Surfer 18

Post 7 IP   flag post
@Aliens @comicsforme @drchaos These are sweet! I wish I could have got to have him write excelsior on one of mine but didn't think of it. The first time I got to meet him I was able to shake his hand. It was unreal.

I got some more, but need to dig them out and get good pics of them. I don't know about being buried with a Stan Lee autographed comic, because that scene from young Frankenstein comes to mind when he tries to take a book from his grandfathers skeleton and it won't let it go for a few tugs haha. That would be me if someone tried to take mine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Aliens private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 amazing book, that ff 1!
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunkpostit
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

I remember the one on Spike TV where they showcased people around the world who had unusual abilities.

That's a different show. This was a reality (?) show where people lives together, created a character and costume then had to take on challenges as their character. I hate to ever use Wikipedia but this will give you an idea of what the show was about:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Superhero%3F
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's mine!

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
Your crappy sigs make me feel better about mine lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Here are my two. I was going to have others signed this year but due to price increases and market flood, couldn't justify the slab cracking.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here are my two Stan Lee CBCS yellow labels. As you can see in one of the photographs provided by @Batman66 (Nice FF#1, who wouldn’t want that!) Mr. Lee’s eyesight is so poor, a helper basically points out where he needs to sign the comic. Sometimes you get the signature where you want it, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes the signature looks better than at other times. I am pretty happy with the way mine turned out. I do hope Mr. Lee is being cared for by people who care sbout him and not his money.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here are my two Stan Lee CBCS yellow labels. As you can see in one of the photographs provided by @Batman66 (Nice FF#1, who wouldn’t want that!) Mr. Lee’s eyesight is so poor, a helper basically points out where he needs to sign the comic. Sometimes you get the signature where you want it, sometimes you don’t. Sometimes the signature looks better than at other times. I am pretty happy with the way mine turned out. I do hope Mr. Lee is being cared for by people who care sbout him and not his money.

Same here. And he never had to do any of his signings, but I know he never wanted to dissapoint his fans. I hope he is getting plenty of R&R.

Both of those are seeet. Both iconic covers.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:

we got to the la comic con, got in line at 11, Stan had to stop at 1:30. We waited until 6:30 before got to us to sign my books. Felt so bad for him, there was still 100 plus people in line after us. He really needs to retire. The picture I took looks like Stan lee arm is all tatted.
Post 20 IP   flag post

This is my holy grail. I bought a dynamic forces x-men 1 marvel milestone dynamic forces signed by Jack "King" Kirby took it to Dallas and had Stan sign it. It was the last time I got to see him with my own eyes. He had a strange handler in a black suit telling people to put any and all video or picture takeing devices away. It was kinda sad. For some reasons, these go for big money on ebay. Like some are 25k.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to jump on you like this, but this is a pet peeve of mine-

Quote:
For some reasons, these go for big money on ebay. Like some are 25k.

No. Just because someone tried to get 25k doesn't mean they "go" for that. I can list my ADVENTURES OF KOOL-AID MAN #4 comic book on eBay for a BILLION dollars, but it doesn't mean anything unless it actually sells.

Here's a Kirby/Lee Marvel Milestone Edition X-Men #1 that actually sold a few months ago for $600-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-Marvel-Milestone-additon-signed-by-Jack-Kirby-and-Stan-Lee-/132723049563?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Despite the questions about if Jack Kirby really signed them or not, the Dynamic Forces Kirby signed Marvel Milestone Editions tend to go for $200-$500 each. Add another $100-$300 for Stan's signature. That's what the book goes for.

So while your signed X-Men #1 book is pretty damn cool, it's not worth thousands.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
And my contributions to the thread-

Got this signed by him a long time ago when I first met him as a kid - when he was just a young pup of 67 years old.

Got this signed by him more recently - when he was just a young pup of 94 years old...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee91
Sorry to jump on you like this, but this is a pet peeve of mine-

Quote:
For some reasons, these go for big money on ebay. Like some are 25k.

No. Just because someone tried to get 25k doesn't mean they "go" for that. I can list my ADVENTURES OF KOOL-AID MAN #4 comic book on eBay for a BILLION dollars, but it doesn't mean anything unless it actually sells.

Here's a Kirby/Lee Marvel Milestone Edition X-Men #1 that actually sold a few months ago for $600-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-Marvel-Milestone-additon-signed-by-Jack-Kirby-and-Stan-Lee-/132723049563?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Despite the questions about if Jack Kirby really signed them or not, the Dynamic Forces Kirby signed Marvel Milestone Editions tend to go for $200-$500 each. Add another $100-$300 for Stan's signature. That's what the book goes for.

So while your signed X-Men #1 book is pretty damn cool, it's not worth thousands.

Yeah it's pretty ludacrist that people are listing them for that kind of money. I doubt I'll ever sell mine, but say if BIG IF I had to sell it, I would probably start out at $3,000? I know $600 is more realistic but it's my only Kirby I have plus I got Stan to sign it. I doubt anyone would get anywhere near 25k for it at this time. Maybe years into the future it might go for that amount, but it's an heirloom anyway. Nfs.

Like these ones apparantly were signed at Stan's home. Not sure how true that is but I saw that somewhere. They list from $125-200.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Those are sick! I bet Stan was impressed with the FF #1. It has to be something of an honor to see something you helped create be cherished.

I'm loving this thread. So many amazing examples. I already posted this one on another thread but in case you missed it, this is my double signed mistake Stan Lee.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DJC_II I love that first phoenix.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DJC_II I love that first phoenix.

Thanks!
I've got a cgc death of the Phoenix 137 with stan lee too but my photo of it sucks lol. I want a cgc 101 but man, so expensive!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@DJC_II I have a first phoenix too but it's in real badddd shape. I don't know what pressing will do. Might press pretty good. I really don't know. I got so many keys I wish Stan could of signed.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping Disney/Marvel put some serious money into a Stan Lee biopic; like Ken Burns/just hand us the Oscar level quality.
Post 30 IP   flag post
201709 53 30
destitute