Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Question -- How are comics shipped back7364

Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission ever was on March 10th.

I had two orders. The first order arrived 2 weeks ago (11 books). Each book came in its own resealable plastic bag/sleeve. The whole stack of 11 was wrapped in bubble wrap.

Order number 2 arrived today (22 books). Each book had a packing foam sheet laying between them. 5-6 books were placed together in a single plastic bag and taped tight so I had to rip the bag to get to stack of books. 2 plastic bags of stacks were then bubble wrapped together.

Basically I'd like to know if I was lucky to get a separate protective bag in order #1 or was order #2 the odd ball.

I've got a third order coming eventually (its on week 11), and just curious to know how they will be (should be) packed.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CLT - For every order I have received from CBCS, all the slabs were in individual re-sealable bags. If they are not including those with newer orders, I can only wonder what they will cut back on next. Not long ago, every four slabs were placed in a separate CBCS box with foam inserts between each slab, and each box was then bubble wrapped for shipping.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. I’m just happy your getting books from a March remittance. That means my early April submissions may be back soon 🤞🤞. The woopee dance may happen soon. I must start practicing now. I may have to google it if google hasn’t blocked happiness yet. 🙀🤦‍♂️ Until next time. 🖖.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
My last couple orders have been large (for me), 80-100 books. They come stacked in 20's, with a foam sheet between each slab, wrapped in a giant protective ball of bubble wrap, which comes in a box surrounded by packing peanuts. Its impressive.

I do miss the old way, where five or six slabs (depending on thickness) would have a foam divider between each of them, and come in a CBCS-branded box. Usually wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap & snug in a peanut free box.
Post 4 IP   flag post
600893 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?