Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

help and CAN"T BELIEVE CBCS DID THIS7359

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
it is but I do have pics of when I got the commission from Jeremy haun and steven palawa. so that will help. and I do have the invoice with the books and the grades from my orders tab on my account.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Granted this is hindsight. Therefore it may seem more logical now because of the fall out since then, but I cant help but wonder if CBCS should have stopped accepting new submissions for the move. I'm not necessarily saying freeze new submissions and work off the backlog, starting with a fresh slate. However I do think having a brief submission freeze would have helped. You had a ton or orders piling up in 2 different locations while the staff wasn't working due to the move. They essentially created a gridlocked traffic jam that they are still trying to recover from, rather than simply slowing down. However in their defense, i do think they simply underestimated the effect the move would have. Granted it was a gross oversight, but thats still better than something deliberate that could only be attributed to greed.

Let me ask my fellow collectors, if you could go back in time, would you have preferred a moratorium on all new submissions temporarily during the move? Try to remain objective, you wouldn't have known of the sh*t show that would come to follow.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@donho Definitely a terrible situation to be in, I’m sorry!

One quick note, you may want to remove or crop that first picture you posted since your personal information is visible.

Second, do the books that are not yours have the same serial numbers as your books that you did get back? If they don’t then it seems the wrong books were put in your box. If they do have the same serial number then it seems like there was an issue earlier in the process for them to all be associated with the same invoice.

Looking at the invoice you posted, everything has the year 1975, which tells me these were submitted in person at the show. Did you submit these yourself or were they submitted by an third-party, like an AW?

If you do decide to submit with CBCS again, it’d be understandable if you decided not to, one thing I always recommend is to submit the order online yourself, print the invoice, and submit it with your books at the show instead of filling out the forms by hand at the show. I can’t say for sure if this would have prevented the issue you’re facing but it would speed up the submission process at the booth as well as help avoid input errors when someone at CBCS has to input the data into the system.

Best of luck with your books!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this what the insurance is for? So if CBCS damages a book (unlikely, but possible; everybody makes the occasional mistake), or loses/mis-ships a book?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Not looking good CBCS
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to resolve a similar problem before it happens.

I July I submitted 9 books for pressing (on one invoice) and 3 books without pressing (on a second invoice).

Instead of my three book invoice (shows on the website as invalid submission) they had an invoice with a New Mutants 98 and someone else's name on it.

I have spoken with customer service on two occasions and sent an e-mail message but am still awaiting resolution.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
It might have been better had they been able to have both offices open for a few months. I seriously doubt the entire staff moved to Dallas. They could have kept the people that stayed in St Pete going a little longer to help with the backlog. Oh well.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Hurricane season's rampin' up!
Post 35 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
I seriously doubt the entire staff moved to Dallas.

It was stated several times that most employees did not move to Dallas with cbcs.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
I think once the move is complete things will be on the up and up, plus I'm happy that cbcs is coming to Dallas, I live about 4 hours or so away, so maybe I can come for a tour one day plus hand deliver some books?
Post 37 IP   flag post
This whole thing with the move and most of the staff not moving with the company leaves me wondering how hard it must be to try to train new grading facilitators while simultaneously trying to catch up on such delayed turnaround. As someone in the restaurant industry I couldn't imagine being in the weeds trying to train someone.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Masochism Maintenance backlog is a fact of life; we work it down as we can, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Unless we get wind Corporate is coming down to do an inspection, then all the sudden we have unlimited funding for OT, and must work the backlog down to nothing before the company overlords show up to spend a week looking over our shoulders. Funny how that works.

So, if they operate the way industrial maintenance shops do, I guess what we need to get the backlog down is for Mr. Lindberg (CEO - Eli Global; they own Beckett) to come out to Texas for a visit. Maybe he can swing by Dallas for a few days before dropping in on Houston to interview applicants for the CGO position?

I bet if The Man comes calling the backlog goes down.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel
Post 40 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been saying for years the first company that puts up satellite offices in a few of the major cities around the country will win the war.
It would be nice to drive a few hours to take in a submission, and or if capable have a couple graders and encapsulating abilities in these smaller offices. Have a couple of the best graders travel and QC each office and it's graders to try and ensure uniformity among graders and product output. I mean most large companies have more than one office.
BTW be happy to grade for ya in California or recieved submissons to be sent in.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I completely understand the OP's alarm and concern.

BUT

As someone that submits lots of books to both grading companies (and when asked a few to the third) let me assure you that every single grading company on rare occasions ships the wrong books to someone. I personally have experienced it - over the years - twice with CGC. And if you search the CGC message boards you'll find the much discussed post about the guy that opened a box from CGC and discovered TWO COPIES of Amazing Fantasy 15. Which were NOT his. He took a picture, it was a great moment - and then he returned them.

NASA with a budget in Billions makes mistakes. People are human, occasionally the wrong label goes on the wrong box. Or the wrong books get into a box. I make mistakes. I sometimes forget to put the necessary paperwork in a box going to a grading company. I get a return address wrong. I contact customer service. They fix it for me.

Steve is contacting customer service. In a week or two everyone will have the correct books. Pictures of a sinking ship??? Seriously?? Whatever.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
CGC
Quote:
CGC
Quote:
CGC

Why is it that anytime anyone has a problem with CBCS we get to see this response

CGC sucks. Thats not the issue
Post 43 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I BELIEVE I said that EVERY grading company occasionally makes a mistake and mixes up a shipment. Because human beings package, label and ship packages.

WHY are YOU focused on just my CGC examples? I reference CGC because they are the largest, oldest and best know grading company. If they make an occasional shipping mistake, then it's reasonable to expect that CBCS would. Would you like it better if I beat the PGX dead horse a bit more?

The real point and purpose of the post was that mistakes happen - and the grading companies - CBCS included - will fix them.
Post 44 IP   flag post

these are some of the art that I am missing. from Jeremy Haun and the awesome Steven Palawa.
if being sold or listing somewhere no problem proving who they were supposed to go to . both of them as well as Ant Lucia who also did art for me, are awesome and very nice folks. and was a blast to talk to and semi geek out with.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
My problem seems to be fixed. My invalid July invoice now shows up as a September invoice with the correct books.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Well good news is those are easily identified books so they will turn up in someone elses order I'm sure. Hope you get your books back soon.
Post 47 IP   flag post

got my books back. so here are some of them. Jeremy haun zattana. Ant lucia sketch, Jeffery Moy Seven of Nine, Aurora Rise Harley Quinn Melissa Erickson sketch and Steven Pulawa colored. And a Constatine and swamp thing sketch by Steven Palawa.
Post 48 IP   flag post
and 2 variants signed by Scottie Young
Post 49 IP   flag post
and also does it "matter" if the creators name is misspelled on the label?
Post 50 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear you got your books back!!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'd want the creator's name properly spelled, especially if it is ever going up for sale.
Have you contacted them about correcting it?
Post 52 IP   flag post
didn't know if I could have it fixed, and I don't want to pay more because of it.
Post 53 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
didn't know if I could have it fixed, and I don't want to pay more because of it.

If you intend on selling it, I would get it changed. Incorrect spelling suggests tampering. If you're not intending to sell then I'd leave it because it doesn't matter.
Post 54 IP   flag post
then just get in touch with cbcs and send it in to be corrected?
Post 55 IP   flag post
600438 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?