Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

help and CAN"T BELIEVE CBCS DID THIS7359

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
after 8 months of "patiently" waiting for my submissions from Februarys Planet comicon in KC. I got my books and when I opened the boxes I discovered that half of them were missing. and I got some books of someone elses submission. what the he double hockey sticks is a stabbity bunny which is one of them? is there any way to get my books found? because they were very important to me like sketches, first published works of the signers, and a verified sig of passed on creators and the like, and also original art. any help would be appreciated. and am leary of customer service since I have yet to get a live one so far. thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Someone is going to be pissed ha
Post 2 IP   flag post
one of which is me of course.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Goodluck someone could have got them with there order a month or 2 ago or they could still be sitting in a stack somewhere
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Did you contact customer service??
Post 5 IP   flag post
cant just got them today and closed until monday
Post 6 IP   flag post
and is there any recourse if I see my books on ebay or somewhere?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully they can find out where the missing ones are.
Post 8 IP   flag post
i can prove that they are mine
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
How many books did you submit?

How many of *your* books did you get back?

How many book that weren't yours did you receive?
Post 10 IP   flag post
18 books and original artwork are missing and i got 8 books that were not mine.
Post 11 IP   flag post
but at least i got the con exclusives back one of which my wife paid 200 for me as a gift for me to sign at the con. and i got one of my art back
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. I'm reading a lot of horror stories about CBCS. I submitted my first 2 books ever to anyone back on June 20 with fast pass with pressing. What is honestly going to be my return time? I'm not liking the things I'm seeing and this might be my only go around with this company.
Post 13 IP   flag post
kalistyles. you should be fine. the move to dallas is what screwed everything up i think since the label said from dallas instead of florida.
Post 14 IP   flag post
here is the invoice and the ones that are not check marked are the ones that are missing.
since most of you guys and gals are better at this than i am is there any way you can help me keep an eye out for them if CBCS cannot get them back or find them? i do know that i think i can get the insurance for them. but would rather have the books. all were done at the con. Thank you so much if you are willing to help me.

Post 15 IP   flag post
and here is some of the books that i got which are not mine so i hope that whoever these go to got mine instead. and is a member of these forums

Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I have alerted customer service about this. They'll get in touch with you on Monday morning.
Post 17 IP   flag post
are they yours then?
Post 18 IP   flag post
oh wait you you are cbcs? steve rickets?
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
oh wait you you are cbcs? steve rickets?

Yes. I work for CBCS.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@donho

Sorry to hear this, hopefully CBCS can track down your missing books.

Also really, really want CBCS to thrive, but hearing stories like this is disheartening.
Post 21 IP   flag post
it is. these were one of a kind signings and commissions for me. since the creators will probably not be there again. and it was a lot of time and money for me to do it too. but fun while doing it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector HaKoSuKa_GTR private msg quote post Address this user
WOW!! Seems like CBCS is really screwing the pooch as of late. Could I make a suggestion maybe ease off on getting new submissions and get caught up with current books held by CBCS. One it will show that you are determined and dedicated to getting caught up and back to a normal turnaround time. Slowly CBCS is make a negative impression and reputation as not being able to fufill what they are saying they can do while the other company keeps chugging along and getting things done. I love CBCS and their quality of product but your service is really lacking! I really hope CBCS can turn things around! Fingers crossed!
Post 23 IP   flag post
all fingers and toes too
Post 24 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Sent over 1000 GA and SA books to them. Never any mistakes. For me it would be costly, as many of the books are irreplaceable in their conditions. So far no reason to question reliability.
Ofcourse I would like quicker TATs, but it is what it is. Sorry to here about your books. I am sure they will be located.
My only fear would be that your books inadvertently went to someone else, at which point do you prove they recieved them. Then how would you get them back from a person who wasn't maybe honest? Scary for sure.
Post 25 IP   flag post
it is but I do have pics of when I got the commission from Jeremy haun and steven palawa. so that will help. and I do have the invoice with the books and the grades from my orders tab on my account.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Granted this is hindsight. Therefore it may seem more logical now because of the fall out since then, but I cant help but wonder if CBCS should have stopped accepting new submissions for the move. I'm not necessarily saying freeze new submissions and work off the backlog, starting with a fresh slate. However I do think having a brief submission freeze would have helped. You had a ton or orders piling up in 2 different locations while the staff wasn't working due to the move. They essentially created a gridlocked traffic jam that they are still trying to recover from, rather than simply slowing down. However in their defense, i do think they simply underestimated the effect the move would have. Granted it was a gross oversight, but thats still better than something deliberate that could only be attributed to greed.

Let me ask my fellow collectors, if you could go back in time, would you have preferred a moratorium on all new submissions temporarily during the move? Try to remain objective, you wouldn't have known of the sh*t show that would come to follow.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@donho Definitely a terrible situation to be in, I’m sorry!

One quick note, you may want to remove or crop that first picture you posted since your personal information is visible.

Second, do the books that are not yours have the same serial numbers as your books that you did get back? If they don’t then it seems the wrong books were put in your box. If they do have the same serial number then it seems like there was an issue earlier in the process for them to all be associated with the same invoice.

Looking at the invoice you posted, everything has the year 1975, which tells me these were submitted in person at the show. Did you submit these yourself or were they submitted by an third-party, like an AW?

If you do decide to submit with CBCS again, it’d be understandable if you decided not to, one thing I always recommend is to submit the order online yourself, print the invoice, and submit it with your books at the show instead of filling out the forms by hand at the show. I can’t say for sure if this would have prevented the issue you’re facing but it would speed up the submission process at the booth as well as help avoid input errors when someone at CBCS has to input the data into the system.

Best of luck with your books!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't this what the insurance is for? So if CBCS damages a book (unlikely, but possible; everybody makes the occasional mistake), or loses/mis-ships a book?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post
597868 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?