Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Whats next for Marvel?7357

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
This will lead down a rabbit hole.....

I love Carol Danvers. Quite literally she is easily my favorite female character, more so than Wonder Woman, heck shes probably may favorite character out of them all. That said, I thought of others for the role, though I'm not disappointed in Brie Larson, I think she certainly has the acting to pull it off. I was disappointed with the Gal Gadot casting for WW, and while she did well, I think there was still something left on the table by casting her as opposed to someone else but I digress.

The plot of Capt Marvel, as far as we have all read, seems promising to me. I'm really taken aback by the fact that at times, ill catch myself looking forward to the Secret Invasion plot that should be the overarching theme of the next phase of movies, that I have ti remind myself, Infinity Wars has to wrap up. Marvel has also made it pretty clear that Capt Marvel will be the "leader" of the next phase, so in essence, perhaps its too on the nose, but obviously she will replace Capt America as the Moral Compass and defacto leader of the Avengers.Which also make me curious of who will supplant Iron Mans role and how they will interact w Danvers, and who will take up Thors "spot." Perhaps Black Panther and Dr. Strange will be those new "replacements" for the next phase. I think ultimately what I'm getting at, is that Capt Marvel will be a great character to take over the "capt America role" and while I also like T'challa and Dr Strange, I'd be doubtful that they could respectively fill the Iron Man and Thor soles. And they probably aren't designed to in all fairness. It will be a new team and a new dynamic. Thors comedic effect of being an outsider as an Asgardian, and Iron Mans......bravado will be missed nonetheless.

That said, lets hear your thoughts of the next core group that will make up the Avengers as Marvel prepares us for the next decade.....

Capt Marvel, Dr Strange, Black Panther and Spiderman seem to be the obvious choices. Any new characters or revival of the ones that will "die" (due to contract expiration)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I think Young Avengers is a serious contender with Cassie Lang being setup in the MCU...also allows them to continue essentially with the same main characters (or at least familiar traits) but get younger diverse actors with more longevity in the timeline.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@stanley_1883 you love Carol Danvers? Huh...

I mean... why? I'm genuinely shocked that anyone cares about Carol Danvers.

It's like me saying I love Wendigo.

Are you just making a joke? LOL. That would make sense
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@stanley_1883 you love Carol Danvers? Huh...

I mean... why? I'm genuinely shocked that anyone cares about Carol Danvers.

It's like me saying I love Wendigo.

Are you just making a joke? LOL. That would make sense
]

Yeah. That being said, I like Wendigo better than Carol Danvers.

I hope Doc Samson shows up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to see Punisher interact with some of the Marvel universe.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I most certainly am not joking kind sirs. Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is the cats pajamas. I love the origin story, her overall character arc, powers, attitude, etc. Quite frankly i'm a little shocked that you gentlemen showed such.....indifference towards her. Why would it be a joke? and how can you seriously compare Wendigo to Capt Marvel? Thats like saying Batmans cool and all, but Condiment King is way better.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
I most certainly am not joking kind sirs. Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is the cats pajamas. I love the origin story, her overall character arc, powers, attitude, etc. Quite frankly i'm a little shocked that you gentlemen showed such.....indifference towards her. Why would it be a joke? and how can you seriously compare Wendigo to Capt Marvel? Thats like saying Batmans cool and all, but Condiment King is way better.

Condiment King definitely sounds better than Batman. I'm not a big Batman fan.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
. . . Condiment King definitely sounds better than Batman. I'm not a big Batman fan.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Heroes with no superpowers kinda bore me. One patient sniper and Batman is in the obituary column.

Back on topic. I never understood the bathing suit with a scarf costume. I never saw this fashion trend spread.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Heroes with no superpowers kinda bore me. One patient sniper and Batman is in the obituary column.

Back on topic. I never understood the bathing suit with a scarf costume. I never saw this fashion trend spread.

seriously? you're gonna call out one of the seemingly endless questionable costumes? Weird costumes that make no sense was the rule, not the exception to it. So if your main concern with her is her costume, its a wash at best because everyone else had equally weird costumes.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
They should introduce Rogue and her interaction with Carol Danvers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
They should introduce Rogue and her interaction with Carol Danvers.

Key book. It shows where Rogue obtains Ms. Marvel's powers. It publishes the Ms. Marvel story that never got printed because the series was cancelled.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

seriously? you're gonna call out one of the seemingly endless questionable costumes? Weird costumes that make no sense was the rule, not the exception to it. So if your main concern with her is her costume, its a wash at best because everyone else had equally weird costumes.

Yes.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600777 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?