Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Stan Lee label redux7313

Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
The old thread is archived and basically dead, didn't give much information other than people's opinions which was lame. I recently purchased Stan Lee label "Stan Lee signature series". From what I've gathered the silver (printed Stan Lee signature) label is cgc with $5 added they'll put the drawing of Stan's face on it to give it that extra flair.

The red label (red Stan Lee printed label signature) is from Stan Lee collectable being exclusive. Who does that? Is that Stan Lee's direct store or something? Kinda vague on what is what, and why is why. Probably posting this on the wrong forum, but I don't have an account with cgc.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
The stan lee collectibles exclusive Labbel was signed by stan and sent out to cgc to be graded by stan lee collectibles. Though stan lee collectibles does not work with stan anymore they did for almost a decade and they were pretty much the ones in charge of getting stan everywhere in convections. They were like a company that would set up at cons next to stans signing area and would charge for signatures and sell a bunch of stan lee stuff. So that red label was exclusively signed for them
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Aliens Thank you for the input. A little rough on the explaining though. I do remember a table next to Stan's with a bunch of Stan Lee comics aleady signed and slabbed. So the red lable will probably end up becoming more scarce since they no longer work with Stan? I remember Desert Wind doing signings with Stan.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Pulled the trigger and did some negotiating. I was scared to see what the sig was going to look like, but turned out pretty nice. I love this cover. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the real deal.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
@Crunkpostit congratulations! Beautiful book and that sig is actually really awesome! Love it! And good job the stan exclusive label is cool too I would not say it adds too much value but still cool
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens
@Crunkpostit congratulations! Beautiful book and that sig is actually really awesome! Love it! And good job the stan exclusive label is cool too I would not say it adds too much value but still cool

It actually does. I talked the seller down from $799.00 to something more fair I think. There's a lot of yellow labels sig series, but only like 3 red label Stan Lee's in 9.8 available right now.

The printed sig is also raised.

I really wanted this book with Stan's sig on it. Its such an iconic cover by Kirby and Ditko.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Over the years his signature has really gotten worse. The one in my avatar is a sig that most likely came from the early 90's.

When I first met him in 2011 he was like 88 or 89. Was a great meeting, got to shake his hand and talk to him a little and wasn't flocked by his "handlers". It was so cool.

Next year I went to go meet him again and got a couple books signed. I wanted to cry after seeing him. In just a couple years time, I could tell something was wrong, this is when he lost his friend and business partner as he had passed away. It seemed something was deeper though. I thought maybe he may of had a mild stroke or something. He wasn't happy like the last time, he seemed confused, had two people helping him sign, and somehow he still put a comic on top of my comic thus smearing the signature and getting gold paint on the back of the other one. I stood there for the longest time holding my comics thinking "what the hell?" and finally when the line was over, Stan left and I was standing there with my botched comics. I was able to talk to the lady with desert wind and showed her what had happened. They compensated me pretty well, Stan was able to resign the comic, plus I gave her two other comics to go with them where he signed them in Philly. The comics came back in the mail safe and sound.

His signature just looks worse and worse, I'm glad he's not signing anymore, he was so nice and I'll never forget the first time I met him and we got to laugh a little together. I can't believe all the crazy stuff that has happened to him in the last few years, the guy didn't deserve any of that. He's a genuine good dude.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600905 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?