Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversMemorabiliaQuestions

Help looking for trustworthy site of original/signed art7309

Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to buy some original art/signed works for a friend of mine for Christmas and I don't know any sites that are a trustworthy place to check out. I'm a bit weary of looking on eBay and looking for any suggestions.

I'm basically looking for something framed (or can be framed) that is comic book or cartoon/anime related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
Romitaman.com, albermoy.com and anthonyscomicbookart.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.nealadamsstore.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
catskillcomics.com represents a number of artists

Are there any specific artists your friend likes?? often times you can just contact them directly and buy pages or commission a piece
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
catskillcomics.com represents a number of artists

Are there any specific artists your friend likes?? often times you can just contact them directly and buy pages or commission a piece

I never would of thought that is possible, interesting. They are new to comics and more character specific on that field than artist. I've been giving them old TPB's to read from old classic story lines.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not a single dealer but Comic Art Tracker can help you search art from a multitude of vendors. Most if not all are well-known, trusted entities
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
I've dealt with all the ones I listed, and they are all fantastic, even working to set up payment plans for expensive items. NealAdamsStore.com is actually Neal Adams and while he's pricey, he's great to deal with. catskillcomics.com is one I've never actually dealt with but I know people who have and I've never heard a single complaint.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I've started looking at the listed sites, looking pretty awesome so far. Thank you very much everyone! I'll check out any suggestions, I got a few months to find the right item.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Go directly to the artist.
Find their email/facebook/twitter and express that youre interested in a commission.

Going to one of these middle men listed, although safe, you will pay a premium. That's how they make their money. I don't ever purchase from a dealer. Go to the artists. 4 of 5 times they'll be happy to do for you and at a reasonable price
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
comicartfans.com is the place to go for all your art needs.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
comicartfans.com is the place to go for all your art needs.

This and Anthony's comic art. Can't go wrong.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
www.romitaman.com
Post 12 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Comicartfans is not really a place to buy art. The vast majority of art there isn't listed for sale. It's collectors showing their stuff off.

Perhaps best for comicartfans is their sales links. Search an artist or character and you can look at listings of art for sale. Most of the listings will be by dealers and they are just links to their sites. Several dealers don't list prices and you have to call.

Perhaps what is most annoying about buying original artwork is the prices. They vary tremendously and it is very, very difficult to know what is a fair price. A lot "sales" involve trades and each side greatly inflates the value of what they have, making the piece(s) sold look much more expensive than they really would be if it was a straight cash purchase. OA is truly a hobby right now where knowledge of the market is limited to a handful of people. Who of course use that knowledge to their advantage.

My collection of OA is small and I've purchased nearly all of it at unreserved auctions on sites like ComicLink and ComicConnect. This way there is a much better chance (but not absolute) of what I paid representing the current market value.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600811 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?