Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor SaleMovies TelevisionPop Culture

FS: Valiant Comics Solar, Man of the Atom CGC 9.67304

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for viewing my auction.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302866244394
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder why it doesn't say first appearance of Eternal Warrior on the label?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I'll bite... wut de hay is diss???
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
Ok, I'll bite... wut de hay is diss???

This is the comic that catapulted Valiant from an average selling indy company to a hot fan favorite that captured everyone's attention. The week it was released, everyone saw it on the comic shelves and said essentially "Wut de hay is diss???" They picked it up and saw that it was drawn by Barry Windsor-Smith inside and they bought it. It sold out within a week and put Valiant on everyone's radar. Since this was issue #10, a back issue collecting frenzy began and anything published within Valiant's first year started skyrocketing in price. There is a second printing which is one of the only single issues that got a second printing in their early years. The cover is black because it represents a black hole. The cover was initially a joke suggestion submitted by Barry Windsor-Smith. Jim Shooter liked it and said they'd go with it and paid BWS for the idea. Copycats came along later from other publishers with solid white covers, red covers, etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
I wonder why it doesn't say first appearance of Eternal Warrior on the label?

I've always wondered that too...and I am not sure if CGC ever corrected the label template...because other eBay sales are also like this label.

Good post...thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
597941 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?