Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

A letter from Jeromy Murray, VP of CBCS and Beckett7282

Collector Poseidon5421 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelyfinds
I have a quick stream that is currently 2x as long as quoted- been sitting in labels for a week. called and was told it would ship at latest 4 days ago

I have 2 quick stream and 15 modern books out since May 26th...one was a Father's Day gift. Maybe I'll be able to give it to him in time for next Father's Day.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Timelyfinds private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
their own data year over year should easily be able to predict turn arounds months ahead, number of submissions/ current employees/ etc

This sounds great, but remember that CBCS is just over four years old. Plus, I recall when CBCS was about 9 to 10 months old that they were getting submission numbers that the "experts" said they would be getting at their 3 year mark.

The market for slabbed books has boomed these last few years. And honestly, it could cool off just as quickly. Predicting those trends is a gamble, a major one. The 90's is still in the back of everyone's mind. I can recall that MANY people were predicting this hobby, with all the variants, movies, and comic related merchandise, would implode in 3-4 years. That was about 6 years ago.

I do wish CbCs the best and hope they fix their current problems.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
@timQuote:
@Timelyfinds They were accurate as recently as May of 2018. We're working on getting things back on track now.

Is it really an estimate if you know it wont be delivered in those time frames when the customer puts in the order? If currently someone put in an order at these time frames, is there a 1% chance they hit within the ranges? I am not trying to put you in a position just trying to point out some of your customers frustrations- we want you to succeed

1) I know our customer's frustrations all too well. I'm dealing with them daily.

2) TAT is based on how long it has taken for the books currently shipping to go out. There's no way to accurately predict what will happen 8-12 weeks in the future. The move to TX bit us in the rear, HARD.

It must really tick off the people who have books that they have been waiting much, much longer for to hear that books sent in months after theirs are shipping out.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
My job requires me to make a product within a certain amount of time, but now and then something happens that interferes with that goal. One of my managers likes to ask, "Is it better to do the right job, or to the job right?"
This applies well with the TAT issue, I think. It sounds like the "right job" would be getting the books out as advertised, but does that jeopardize whether the job is being done right? As a collector, if I were to actually sub books for grading (which I do NOT do), I'd want accuracy over punctuality. I guess I'm just patient that way. I suppose it could be different if I had to sell books asap while they're still hot, but I don't sell, or buy those types of books.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
My job requires me to make a product within a certain amount of time, but now and then something happens that interferes with that goal. One of my managers likes to ask, "Is it better to do the right job, or to the job right?"
This applies well with the TAT issue, I think. It sounds like the "right job" would be getting the books out as advertised, but does that jeopardize whether the job is being done right? As a collector, if I were to actually sub books for grading (which I do NOT do), I'd want accuracy over punctuality. I guess I'm just patient that way. I suppose it could be different if I had to sell books asap while they're still hot, but I don't sell, or buy those types of books.

It's not the actual turnaround times that make me wary of sending in books.

It's the way the issues are being handled.

I understand that when certain issues arise, there aren't always ways to quickly fix them.

For instance, it's not like there are lines of professional comic book graders at the unemployment office.

But the website *still* has unrealistic turnaround times listed and has for months.

Be open. Be honest. Stop whining and making excuses.

Like telling us that the TAT estimates are based on books currently shipping... Unless pretty much every poster in this thread is a pathological liar, this is either inaccurate or newer submissions are being processed ahead of earlier ones for the same services.

Either of which make the TAT estimates complete fabrications/wishful thinking.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I think every poster complaining in this thread make up a very small percentage of CBCS's customers, so I don't necessarily see this as an indication of what IS. For all we know, the majority of their customers are understanding.
Post 106 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Definitly the vocal minority.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
There's a thread for discussing TAT, here's the link to it: clickable text

Any discussion about TAT should be posted there. This thread is being temporarily locked until tomorrow to speed that process along.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Kenblankenfeld private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted my books June 17
I miss my books and just want them back at this point. 😞
I know things are taking longer since they moved.
But i do have one question.... Are the new slabs going to have beckett name anywhere on them. It would be a good thing.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector imcnok private msg quote post Address this user
I just found this thread.....I have a quickstream order outstanding and had no idea it was a 6 month turnaround time. Wish I knew this before sending.

I got a ship notice though ...does that mean it's shipping?

Only took a couple weeks.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector normie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
waiting is not waiting you paid for a 12 weeks TAT and they take your money, i can understand if it went 1 or 2 weeks over that deadline, but the fact is you paid,
4 or 5 months later still god damn nothing, that is unacceptable and want was was advertise 12 week TAT, so your tell me that you like to get rip off. and just keep giving money away, won't be long for someone to sue i can see it coming. on flas advertising 12 weeks, what crock .

Been on the website since Day 1....no grading company "guarantees" a specific turnaround time; they would be crazy to. Not trying to defend the long TAT's or the lack of service but people need to stop having this attitude of "you paid for 12 week TAT and if you didn't get it you can sue"

Being a first time submitter, I know waiting is waiting. HOWEVER. I am not the one who set this deadline, I am not the one who responded to a "whats the status of my comics" email with "please see the TAT calendar, it is up to date an accurate. I am also not the one who after a month past the calendar deadline posted "you will get your comics next month"

Set the expectation, COMMUNICATE with your customer and strive to deliver WHEN YOU SAY YOU WILL. If you cannot, COMMUNICATE the delay.

This isn't rocket surgery, it's simple communication and customer service.

What we have now is "we have your money, go away until we are done with your stuff. This is unacceptable.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Dear CBCS Customers and Collectors,

When Beckett (Eli Global) purchased Comic Book Grading Service in late 2017, we knew that we were adding a real asset to our team. For years we discussed the possibility of adding a comic grading service, but never really had the opportunity to do so. With the acquisition of CBCS, we added a respected and known name in the comic grading industry that fit perfectly with Beckett Grading (BGS) and Beckett Authentication Services (BAS). While speaking to the CBCS staff in Florida, I realized that CBCS was a company full of knowledgeable and passionate employees who were challenged by a competitor that owned most of the market share, which was very similar to where Beckett Grading was in 1999. Eli Global and BGS are excited to add CBCS into our family and equally excited about the challenges and opportunities available to us.

Let me take a moment to address the turnaround delays and to sincerely apologize for CBCS not being able to get your comic books processed and shipped back to you in a timely manner. This situation is neither ideal for you nor for us. Our primary goal is to get your comics in and out of our offices as quickly as possible, while handling your books safely, and maintaining the grading accuracy and product quality you've come to expect from CBCS. I’m writing this to personally accept responsibility for the delay and to ensure that none of the blame be placed on any of the past or current CBCS employees. I truly believed the transition of CBCS would be simple, and that we would be down only a few days while we relocated the office to Texas, with us back in full operation within a week. This was an oversight in my judgment. While the physical transition has been a challenge, we are excited that the number of order submissions is at an all-time high!

The good news is…we are on the right path and making solid progress! We are adding members to the CBCS team and investing in the growth of this company. We are hiring many knowledgeable comic hobbyists and enthusiasts who are very excited to be working in an industry they are passionate about to strengthen the CBCS name in the industry. Our goal is not only to get turnaround times under control, but to make them better than ever before! We are working on new products, procedures, and services that will improve our services and lead the industry. These improvements in quality and time are also extended to our CBCS Pressing services, which will continue to work out of their Florida office. Bottom line, we are going to become the company that you wanted CBCS to be from the beginning, and the customer-service-driven company the comic collecting hobby deserves. CBCS will succeed!

I humbly thank you for your continued support, your understanding, and for your comments or suggestions. I ask you to continue to trust in CBCS. This is such an amazing company and I am truly honored to be a part of the team.

Sincerely

Jeromy Murray

Vice President: Beckett Grading, CBCS Grading, & Beckett Authentication Services

Okay, I'm looking for an update on the progress of getting "Turn around Times under control". It has been more then 3 months since this letter was posted and TAT are still massively behind. How long does it take to get new staff into position and trained? Con season is over. When can we expect to see our books back!
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Con season may have slowed down, but it will take time to work through the backlog of submissions.

Currently we are working on shipping out July (October turn around)submissions and are gaining ground.

As far as new staff goes, it does take time to train these employees. Don’t forget we are dealing with comics and valuable ones at that, so no one is going to be turned loose before they are ready.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Con season may have slowed down, but it will take time to work through the backlog of submissions.

Currently we are working on shipping out July (October turn around)submissions and are gaining ground.

As far as new staff goes, it does take time to train these employees. Don’t forget we are dealing with comics and valuable ones at that, so no one is going to be turned loose before they are ready.

The slow down has been a know issue for almost 6 months. Are you seriously trying to tell me it takes someone longer then six months to be trained, 1 on 1, to properly and safely grade a comic book?
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
-Moved to other post-
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
There's a thread for discussing TAT, here's the link to it: clickable text

Any discussion about TAT should be posted there.

Not a fan of quoting myself but...
Post 116 IP   flag post
600882 116 16
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.