Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

A letter from Jeromy Murray, VP of CBCS and Beckett7282

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
waiting is not waiting you paid for a 12 weeks TAT and they take your money, i can understand if it went 1 or 2 weeks over that deadline, but the fact is you paid,
4 or 5 months later still god damn nothing, that is unacceptable and want was was advertise 12 week TAT, so your tell me that you like to get rip off. and just keep giving money away, won't be long for someone to sue i can see it coming. on flas advertising 12 weeks, what crock .

Been on the website since Day 1....no grading company "guarantees" a specific turnaround time; they would be crazy to. Not trying to defend the long TAT's or the lack of service but people need to stop having this attitude of "you paid for 12 week TAT and if you didn't get it you can sue"

Great post!!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
waiting is not waiting you paid for a 12 weeks TAT and they take your money, i can understand if it went 1 or 2 weeks over that deadline, but the fact is you paid,
4 or 5 months later still god damn nothing, that is unacceptable and want was was advertise 12 week TAT, so your tell me that you like to get rip off. and just keep giving money away, won't be long for someone to sue i can see it coming. on flas advertising 12 weeks, what crock .

Been on the website since Day 1....no grading company "guarantees" a specific turnaround time; they would be crazy to. Not trying to defend the long TAT's or the lack of service but people need to stop having this attitude of "you paid for 12 week TAT and if you didn't get it you can sue"

I thought it was like common knowledge that there is an acceptable delay. Like thats the unwritten rule, or unwritten understanding rather.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion, its the absolute lack of communication that is damning. TAT delays happen, I get that. However, a little communication would go a long way; where, exactly, are my books in the process? I wish I had an idea, but unfortunately, the dashboard & the invoice both have different status, and they are updated so infrequently that its barely worth the time to check.

The order I'm waiting on is relatively small, 10 books for around $500.

The order I have in the cart ready for submission is 137 books at around $3,300; with another 70 books I haven't entered since I can't decide if I want to wait nine months to see them again, or send them elsewhere and get them back before Christmas. Figure around $4,500-5,000 when its all entered. That may not be a large order by CBCS standards, but that's a whole lot for me.

Without some improvements in Customer Service, in a timely manner, it's the beginning of about $10k/yr in grading that will be switching over to the other guys. Again, CBCS probably won't notice a missing $10k. However, I'm willing to guess they'll notice if ten, or a hundred guys like me decide that the only thing we're willing to wait nine months for is a baby, and take our money elsewhere.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector fat1138 private msg quote post Address this user
still waiting on books from March 15 2018....
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo I have my CGC books back already even though they were submitted over 2 MONTHS later than my CBCS submission (which is still listed as "Submitted/Received"...absolutely pathetic.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@TheComicDoJo I have my CGC books back already even though they were submitted over 2 MONTHS later than my CBCS submission (which is still listed as "Submitted/Received"...absolutely pathetic.

And the opposite could have been said 2 years ago when it was the other way around.

I would say though that it would be nice with a follow up letter stating what progress which has been made - as of now - it is just a letter.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector lucaslytle private msg quote post Address this user
I am waiting on 1 book. Is a few weeks late so I aint panicking, but I am hoping this dont drag out to near half a year like I am seeing with some.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector waxeruno private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, you can sue for non performance. I'm charging back my entire order tonight, I've had enough.
You can't hold people's money for as long as you want with no repercussion AND other than someone here reading you what it says as your status. I haven't gotten a single email answered, nor a phone call returned.

Frankly, its pathetic and beyond poor business. I can understand S*&T happens, hell my building collapsed and we had to refund over $20,000 because we couldn't get the items people ordered as the building was condemned. Sucks, truly, but I told them all what was going on, I didn't hide behind "TATS"
and OMG we merged so that gives us the right to send you your books whenever we want!

What they should do is send an email offering 1 or 2 or 5 free slabs, or 20% off your order, or how about just a "we're sorry, but this is when you'll get your books back!"

I dropped my books off early MAY, its not Oct. so we're talking 5.5 months or over 2.5 months late.

I'm charging it back and if I don't get my books back I'll be suing, and yeah, I'll win. The worst thing you can do in business is not communicate, apparently no one at CBCS took that class - nor have any class.

And BTW, its bad enough that CBCS slabs sell for 30% less than CGC, this just adds insult to injury. I'll never use them again and I'll be sure to tell all my clients about my experience the first time I decided to give CBCS a shot.

Pathetic, truly pathetic and sticking up for them unless you're a shill is just as pathetic.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Does every cgc slab have newton rings?
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:

Does every cgc slab have newton rings?

No.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@teacha777 No. but I don't care much about Newton rings anyway.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@waxeruno I coulnd't agree more man, in fact I made a very similar post the other day. It's actually quite underhanded to charge up front and then deliver goods 7 months later, if there is a problem there is no recourse on the transaction.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxeruno
Actually, you can sue for non performance. I'm charging back my entire order tonight, I've had enough.
You can't hold people's money for as long as you want with no repercussion AND other than someone here reading you what it says as your status. I haven't gotten a single email answered, nor a phone call returned.

Frankly, its pathetic and beyond poor business. I can understand S*&T happens, hell my building collapsed and we had to refund over $20,000 because we couldn't get the items people ordered as the building was condemned. Sucks, truly, but I told them all what was going on, I didn't hide behind "TATS"
and OMG we merged so that gives us the right to send you your books whenever we want!

What they should do is send an email offering 1 or 2 or 5 free slabs, or 20% off your order, or how about just a "we're sorry, but this is when you'll get your books back!"

I dropped my books off early MAY, its not Oct. so we're talking 5.5 months or over 2.5 months late.

I'm charging it back and if I don't get my books back I'll be suing, and yeah, I'll win. The worst thing you can do in business is not communicate, apparently no one at CBCS took that class - nor have any class.

And BTW, its bad enough that CBCS slabs sell for 30% less than CGC, this just adds insult to injury. I'll never use them again and I'll be sure to tell all my clients about my experience the first time I decided to give CBCS a shot.

Pathetic, truly pathetic and sticking up for them unless you're a shill is just as pathetic.

Now when you have managed to call most people in this Forum pathetic - goodbye and all the best
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
do we have real turnaround times here yet?
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector kash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was like common knowledge that there is an acceptable delay. Like thats the unwritten rule, or unwritten understanding rather.

That disclaimer isn't quite as straightforward a defense as it seems.

A good case can be made that the TAT estimates were knowingly made in bad faith (they knew the estimates given were wildly inaccurate/unrealistic).

In that case, that disclaimer doesn't protect them from recourse.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector Timelyfinds private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is that the times they state they obviously know they cant uphold, if non one has ever received these turn-around times in a year time- that is illegal advertising. If you never ship quick stream in 2 weeks, earliest in 12 month period was 4 weeks- it is WRONG to post it is a 2 week process. The class-action suit will be fun when it comes around, not if but when

p.s- a few of you might know me from other board, but just noticed this is my first post here! yay! lol
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Timelyfinds They were accurate as recently as May of 2018. We're working on getting things back on track now.
Post 92 IP   flag post
I have a quick stream that is currently 2x as long as quoted- been sitting in labels for a week. called and was told it would ship at latest 4 days ago
Post 93 IP   flag post
@timQuote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@Timelyfinds They were accurate as recently as May of 2018. We're working on getting things back on track now.

Is it really an estimate if you know it wont be delivered in those time frames when the customer puts in the order? If currently someone put in an order at these time frames, is there a 1% chance they hit within the ranges? I am not trying to put you in a position just trying to point out some of your customers frustrations- we want you to succeed
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxeruno
Actually, you can sue for non performance.

It seems to me that if an item is "in line" just like the the ones in front of it and behind it, then the job is being done, albeit slowly.
If said item is put on a shelf and gets passed up, then the job is not being performed.
Post 95 IP   flag post
I don't see how any business can KNOW months in advance how TATs will look any more than they can KNOW how many books will be submitted to them over the next upcoming months.
Post 96 IP   flag post
their own data year over year should easily be able to predict turn arounds months ahead, number of submissions/ current employees/ etc
Post 97 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS First, as long as a company advertises a certain TAT (saying it's an "estimate" changes nothing) then the company should maintain a consistent TAT, regardless of submission volume or other interal issues they might have. If volume is too high to meet the TAT then stop accepting submissions and taking peoples' money. Alternatively, the company can continually update the advertised TAT associated with the service tier based on their volume etc. so that they are not mis-representing to customers. It is quite simple. Anything else is just taking the ridiculous view that whenever a company has issues of any kind (e.g. mis-manage a move, take on too many submissions, get lazy, employees quit or whatever)...that it is okay for them to just pass that problem on to the customer with without consequence. Any decent company that finds itself in such a situation that significantly impacts the service to all its customers (i.e. a big deal) usually offers something to compensate for the failure and protect its reputation. Posting a mere "sorry" letter ON A MESSAGE BOARD does nothing to that end.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelyfinds
their own data year over year should easily be able to predict turn arounds months ahead, number of submissions/ current employees/ etc

This sounds great, but remember that CBCS is just over four years old. Plus, I recall when CBCS was about 9 to 10 months old that they were getting submission numbers that the "experts" said they would be getting at their 3 year mark.

The market for slabbed books has boomed these last few years. And honestly, it could cool off just as quickly. Predicting those trends is a gamble, a major one. The 90's is still in the back of everyone's mind. I can recall that MANY people were predicting this hobby, with all the variants, movies, and comic related merchandise, would implode in 3-4 years. That was about 6 years ago.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@timQuote:

Is it really an estimate if you know it wont be delivered in those time frames when the customer puts in the order? If currently someone put in an order at these time frames, is there a 1% chance they hit within the ranges? I am not trying to put you in a position just trying to point out some of your customers frustrations- we want you to succeed

1) I know our customer's frustrations all too well. I'm dealing with them daily.

2) TAT is based on how long it has taken for the books currently shipping to go out. There's no way to accurately predict what will happen 8-12 weeks in the future. The move to TX bit us in the rear, HARD.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector Poseidon5421 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have a quick stream that is currently 2x as long as quoted- been sitting in labels for a week. called and was told it would ship at latest 4 days ago

I have 2 quick stream and 15 modern books out since May 26th...one was a Father's Day gift. Maybe I'll be able to give it to him in time for next Father's Day.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

This sounds great, but remember that CBCS is just over four years old. Plus, I recall when CBCS was about 9 to 10 months old that they were getting submission numbers that the "experts" said they would be getting at their 3 year mark.

The market for slabbed books has boomed these last few years. And honestly, it could cool off just as quickly. Predicting those trends is a gamble, a major one. The 90's is still in the back of everyone's mind. I can recall that MANY people were predicting this hobby, with all the variants, movies, and comic related merchandise, would implode in 3-4 years. That was about 6 years ago.

I do wish CbCs the best and hope they fix their current problems.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@timQuote:

1) I know our customer's frustrations all too well. I'm dealing with them daily.

2) TAT is based on how long it has taken for the books currently shipping to go out. There's no way to accurately predict what will happen 8-12 weeks in the future. The move to TX bit us in the rear, HARD.

It must really tick off the people who have books that they have been waiting much, much longer for to hear that books sent in months after theirs are shipping out.
Post 103 IP   flag post
My job requires me to make a product within a certain amount of time, but now and then something happens that interferes with that goal. One of my managers likes to ask, "Is it better to do the right job, or to the job right?"
This applies well with the TAT issue, I think. It sounds like the "right job" would be getting the books out as advertised, but does that jeopardize whether the job is being done right? As a collector, if I were to actually sub books for grading (which I do NOT do), I'd want accuracy over punctuality. I guess I'm just patient that way. I suppose it could be different if I had to sell books asap while they're still hot, but I don't sell, or buy those types of books.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
My job requires me to make a product within a certain amount of time, but now and then something happens that interferes with that goal. One of my managers likes to ask, "Is it better to do the right job, or to the job right?"
This applies well with the TAT issue, I think. It sounds like the "right job" would be getting the books out as advertised, but does that jeopardize whether the job is being done right? As a collector, if I were to actually sub books for grading (which I do NOT do), I'd want accuracy over punctuality. I guess I'm just patient that way. I suppose it could be different if I had to sell books asap while they're still hot, but I don't sell, or buy those types of books.

It's not the actual turnaround times that make me wary of sending in books.

It's the way the issues are being handled.

I understand that when certain issues arise, there aren't always ways to quickly fix them.

For instance, it's not like there are lines of professional comic book graders at the unemployment office.

But the website *still* has unrealistic turnaround times listed and has for months.

Be open. Be honest. Stop whining and making excuses.

Like telling us that the TAT estimates are based on books currently shipping... Unless pretty much every poster in this thread is a pathological liar, this is either inaccurate or newer submissions are being processed ahead of earlier ones for the same services.

Either of which make the TAT estimates complete fabrications/wishful thinking.
Post 105 IP   flag post
597913 116 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.