Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver AgeMemorabiliaQuestions

replacing bags and boards7278

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
So outside of the obvious (damaged, yellowed, bends, tears, etc) how often if ever do you replace your bags and boards?

I think I've heard they're good for 5 years? Unless I'm totally making that up. Also do you differentiate between modern silver and gold?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Used to do every 4years...kind of fallen behind though
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly switching over to Gerber Mylites2 with Fullbacks. Then you are done and never have to replace.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am also using more Mylite2 with full and half backs on a lot of my books. They just look so much better with much better protection too.I use the 775M2 Silver/Gold for all my Silver and Gold age books and the 725M2 Standard size for everything else from Bronze to modern books. This allows a nice reveal around the book but a firm fit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
Mylite+ and half backs for most. Mylite 2 with full back for collectible. Second @BrianGreensnips re Silver/ Golden vs Standard. Never have to change them again. In the long run better preservation and cheaper time and money wise.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jason_hendon private msg quote post Address this user
I use silver/golden age mylite 2 with full back for everything. Buy in bulk directly. Looks amazing for one and protects books perfectly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
mylite 2 with full back on entire collection...one and done!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo
Mylite and half backs for most. Mylite 2 with full back for collectible.

That's my approach, though I've been using Standard unless specifically necessary... maybe I should look at Silver/Gold instead?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarbongo
Mylite and half backs for most. Mylite 2 with full back for collectible.

That's my approach, though I've been using Standard unless specifically necessary... maybe I should look at Silver/Gold instead?
You will like the Silver/Gold size especially with the Silver age. I used to use the Standard size for Silver age but I really like the fit better with the Silver/Gold size.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_hendon
I use silver/golden age mylite 2 with full back for everything. Buy in bulk directly. Looks amazing for one and protects books perfectly.

Might seem like a dumb question but how do you buy from Gerber directly? I see no online option on their website.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
Quote:

Might seem like a dumb question but how do you buy from Gerber directly? I see no online option on their website.

I think you have to order by phone. Minimum order of $100, if I am not mistaken.

Well worth it. Great stuff and the woman taking orders is very pleasant. 👍
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Gerber Mylites2 with Fullbacks.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jason_hendon private msg quote post Address this user
@tonnage71 have to call them and place an order. It’s quite simple but I wish they had a way from the website. Would definitely be faster http://www.egerber.com/catalog.asp
They have prices on bags/boards also shipping.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon and Ebay
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon and Ebay
You could do Amazon or EBay and not have to buy the minimum of $100 worth, but you will pay a considerable anount more.
Post 15 IP   flag post
596798 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?