Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Got My First Submission Back Today7273

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
grading is subjectable, that why grading is a crock of S***. if you were to break that GSX out and send it back, it may not come back with the same 9.6 that why some people buy low grade books 9.2 9.4 and break them out and send them back in and get a higher grading. but this is what it is now,

#1 I agree that people do crack and re-submit books.

#2 I disagree that 9.2 & 9.4 are low grade books.

#3 You failed to mention that those "Low Grade" 9.2 9.4 Books run just as good of chance as coming back with lower, not higher grades.

Its a slippery slope, but its the only game in town.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it comes down to who do you trust more about the grade of a comic; the local comic shop dealer, ebay-craigslist seller, etc or an official 3rd party grader like CBCS or CGC? I think the verdict has already been rendered.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
grading is subjectable, that why grading is a crock of S***. if you were to break that GSX out and send it back, it may not come back with the same 9.6 that why some people buy low grade books 9.2 9.4 and break them out and send them back in and get a higher grading. but this is what it is now,

#1 I agree that people do crack and re-submit books.

#2 I disagree that 9.2 & 9.4 are low grade books.

#3 You failed to mention that those "Low Grade" 9.2 9.4 Books run just as good of chance as coming back with lower, not higher grades.

Its a slippery slope, but its the only game in town.

exactly! I sold a guy a ASM300 9.4 ...he had it cracked by CGC at con...signed and regraded..came back a 8.5.
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Thanks, @GAC.

@DWeeB1967

When your GSX1 was CGC slabbed was it a green label or blue label?
Post 29 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Blue slab. It simply had a comment staying that the words "Dave Cockrum" on the first page.
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC Blue slab. It simply had a comment staying that the words "Dave Cockrum" on the first page.

That makes sense then, CGC was accounting for the signature as a defect in their 9.2 grade. CBCSs verified signature does not count as a defect, hence their higher grade. A welcomed surprise I'm sure. Congrats on that!!!
Post 31 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @GAC. Yep that's all I can figure. I'll absolutely take it.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Lighten up, Francis.
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

That makes sense then, CGC was accounting for the signature as a defect in their 9.2 grade. CBCSs verified signature does not count as a defect, hence their higher grade. A welcomed surprise I'm sure. Congrats on that!!!

Not always true. I had a FF #62 signed by Jack Kirby below the indicia that was a CGC blue label 9.0, came back from CBCS with the verified red label as a 9.0.
I guess you have to allow for some variance in the grading sometimes as DweeB1967 and Watcher experienced.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967

What was the CGC Certification number of the GSX #1 9.2?

Maybe one of us here can check the Grader’s notes.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Not always true. I had a FF #62 signed by Jack Kirby below the indicia that was a CGC blue label 9.0, came back from CBCS with the verified red label as a 9.0.
I guess you have to allow for some variance in the grading sometimes as DweeB1967 and Watcher experienced.

That's very true for sure but in this particular instance it's likely the signature contributed to a lower CGC grade whereas not at all for CBCSs verified sig grade.
Post 36 IP   flag post
600845 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?