Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Customer Service Issue - Submitted books not in my account7266

Collector SHUHitman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

Just trying to get some advice or feedback on my current situation:

I submitted a couple of books in person at Garden State Comic Fest back on July 7th. I grabbed my pink copy of the form and went home. I noticed there is no longer any kind of invoice # associated with the submission (no big deal).

I logged into my account at the beginning of February and noticed that my books were not in my account, with the only ones in there being from an order several years ago. I sent an email to customer service inquiring as to why they weren't in there. Someone wrote back and mentioned that they verified that no submissions were uploaded to that email account and asked if I could double check the spelling on my submission receipt. I did (and it was accurate). I responded to the gentlemen, along with a copy of my receipt, showing that the email address was spelled correctly. I then asked him if he could look into getting this corrected as I presently had no accounting of my books.

Long story short, I received no response. I tried a week later again, no response again. I tried about 5 days ago to follow up again, still no response. I've tried calling the customer service number multiple times, and I just get hung up on as they are "too busy" and "the voicemail is full".

I find this to be very disappointing and slightly unprofessional, but it is what it is. I can hope and assume that, many weeks or months from now, they will ship my stuff to the address on the receipt that they have, but I can't guarantee that nor can I obviously guarantee they will even send it to the right place, since they can't seem to even enter my email address into their system correctly.

Has anyone had this problem happen to them? anyone have any suggestions or someone specific I can reach out to?

thanks in advance to all.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I can’t help you get in touch with Customer Service, that’s just something we’re all deaing with. As for your books, if you filled out a paper invoice at the show where you dropped them off in July, there’s a good chance they just haven’t been input into the system yet. I have books I submitted at SDCC in late July that have yet to be officially received.

One hint for future submissions would be to submit your order online, print the invoice and give it to the CBCS rep when you drop off your books. This won’t get your books received any faster, unfortunately, but you will at least have the order on your account with an invoice number and you won’t risk any possible human error when someone inputs your books from a handwritten invoice.

I’d expect that they’ll be officially received in a few weeks or months but will be backdated to the wednesday after the convention for calculating turnaround times and such.

Sorry I can’t be any more helpful than that, we’re all suffering CBCS’ growing pains but I wouldn’t worry that your books have been lost
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SHUHitman private msg quote post Address this user
I appreciate the feedback. Considering the last time I submitted comics books to CBCS was 2014, I don't really have much idea as to what has been going on outside of some of the posts I've been trying to read.

Definitely will take up your suggestion of submitting online and just dropping off in person. I'll just accept that things are probably in order for the time being. They definitely need to work on their customer service response times - move or not, really no defending ignoring people that have legitimate questions or concerns.

Thanks again!
Post 3 IP   flag post
597889 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?