Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASP

Original Art Program - Question7247

Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a friend that would like to get his artwork on a modern book graded under the CBCS OAP. We want to make sure it's noted as art but it also lists that it was done by him on a certain date. When I was going to the submission page I clicked the button for Original Artwork (not graded) but would I also have to choose the Authentic Signature section as well? Then just add his name and the date? Looks like the total would be around $21 for that book.

Thanks!

- Donnie
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Donnie,

It is not a simple as all of that. CBCS has documentation requirements that have to be in place prior to submission. Please reach out to Mark Roman via email mroman2cbcscomics.com

He can walk you through the requirements of the OAP as well as the CBCS yellow label ASP.

Thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulus
Donnie,

It is not a simple as all of that. CBCS has documentation requirements that have to be in place prior to submission. Please reach out to Mark Roman via email mroman2cbcscomics.com

He can walk you through the requirements of the OAP as well as the CBCS yellow label ASP.

Thanks

Thanks! I appreciate that
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ok Mark replied. I guess nobody can submit for artists if it was done over 10+ days since the artwork was completed (not even witnesses or dealers?). That's what I'm getting from his response. It's hard to understand some of what he wrote below...

Are dealers unable to submit for artists when it comes to original art?

"Hi Donnie,

Unfortunately, the books was done over 10 business days ago, as is our requirement for CBCS to have the date on the label, HOWEVER the artist can send it directly to CBCS only, and we can do as OA label. Have him fill out the online submission form at www.cbcscomics.com and hit the orange button "Submit Comics". It's a fill in the blank easy process. Once done, he could print it and send with his book.

Thank you,

Mark Roman"
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
If the artist is a friend of yours, just have him send it in for you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600761 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?