Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Venom: Lethal Protector Homage7243

Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user

This is my stab at a recreation of the iconic cover of Venom: Lethal Protector #1.

I've made a small run (100) of comic book sized prints of it and an even smaller (25) run of a holofoil version that are being printed as I type this.

FAQ The swirly faced symbiote design and the strange language is all related to the ancient God of the Symbiotes in the new storyline by Donny Cates

I hope you cats can dig it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
More outstanding work sir. I'm waiting for my current submission to come home before I send anything else in; but when I get them your remarks are headed for Dallas.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@BabaLament Fun fact: I was told by one of the owners of Scorpion Comics that they saw the hype over my Stegman style Swirly remarks on ASM #300 and Venom Lethal Protector titles and it gave them the push they needed to have Clayton Crain do variant covers in the style of both. One is the ASM #300 cover of Venom First Host #1 and the Lethal Protector homage will be the Venom Annual
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like they did take your idea and run with it

I hope you are getting some free ones!

Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
venom got annualized.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer That's twice they did that now. I got bundle discounts on the last one, they said they'll be in touch with details about this one when the "time is right".
Post 6 IP   flag post
In the meantime my phone is being inundated with people showing me this cover reveal asking me how I feel about it. It's a great cover, that's how I feel about it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
But they took your idea brah

You should get compensated. The first ebay sale is your proof of copyright
Post 8 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I'm not entirely sure it works that way when I have no hold to the base IP. I'm a fan, I love Clayton Crain, I'd rather stay amiable about the whole thing. To think that they liked my work enough to (admittedly) take my idea and run with it is a pretty cool feeling. If they hook me up with some of their books on top of it then I'm fine with it.

My print sales saw a boost after they unveiled their cover proving that those who know where the idea came from are showing it with their dollars.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Masochism talked to another store owner who regular do variants. He knows it is your idea

Whatever it is worth
Post 10 IP   flag post
I like to focus on the positive impact of ideas. For instance Matt DiMasi (Shattered Comics) who did the Lethal Protector mosaic cover recreation received the regular and virgin versions of my print and he loved 'em

You will always be delighted if you focus your energy on the positive vibes that vibrate through your life than if you focus on the negative.

#ClaudetteColvin
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome stuff!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
598007 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?