CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Huge collection7230

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Beverly Hills,MI by any chance?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@organic Thanks for responding to my PM. I wrote you back.

Thank you.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley 100 long boxes of Power Pack #1.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector organic private msg quote post Address this user
Here is the link to my eBay I am REAL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253825473409
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
see like comics there over priced.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
ebay listings are ridiculously overpriced. 0 bids on all the ones i saw.
Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
see like comics there over priced.

Agreed
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
ebay listings are ridiculously overpriced. 0 bids on all the ones i saw.

Yeah I looked too, they will be hard pressed to get 1/3 of what they are asking for on just about all of these.
Post 34 IP   flag post
......."Everything in Life is Negotiable".
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic

True, however my experience shows that if the starting point is too far off, people tend to be discouraged to try. If I have an issue that's worth $100, and I'm asking $110, that's one thing, but if I have the same issue listed at $250 for example, I doubt anyone will try to negotiate as they will simply think that I'm insane and the negotiations would be fruitless. That was an exaggerated example to illustrate the point.
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@stanley_1883 I wholeheartedly agree. To reuse your example, If I saw a $250 OBO and I saw someone selling the same book for $150 BIN, I’m more likely to buy the $150 book outright than to negotiate on the far more expensive book.

Part of that may be a bit of cynicism as many of us have made offers close to FMV on over-priced books only to get countered with $1 off BIN on a $50+ book and we wonder why the seller even bothered with the Best Offer option
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@stanley_1883 I wholeheartedly agree. To reuse your example, If I saw a $250 OBO and I saw someone selling the same book for $150 BIN, I’m more likely to buy the $150 book outright than to negotiate on the far more expensive book.

Part of that may be a bit of cynicism as many of us have made offers close to FMV on over-priced books only to get countered with $1 off BIN on a $50+ book and we wonder why the seller even bothered with the Best Offer option

That's precisely it. The asking price and value have to be relatively close. If I have to "negotiate" with you to get the book at 50% off, which would be a reasonable asking price on the book, i'm not going to bother in the first place.

I'm reminded of something I've heard about Mile High Comics. Which was basically that their asking prices were so inflated, that when they had their "special sales" where the books were heavily "discounted," the discounted prices ended up being the current gpa on the books. Granted that was a few years ago, but still.
Post 38 IP   flag post
We are discussing 1 subject in 2 different contexts.

We should be discussing my original proposed question that no-one has bothered to have an adult conversation about.

I will ask again.

WHAT % DISCOUNT DO YOU GUYS FEEL IS FAIR on eBay comic completed sales???

& why...

I feel 25% is fair. I feel it is a very good discount for "COLLECTORS". 50% off eBay completed sales .............smells of a "FLIPPER" I.M.O.
Post 39 IP   flag post
NOW, as per the subject on how "I SELL MY ITEMS".

I did not start this thread. Another poster started a "opinion" poll on my comic pricing.

This distracts from my original post.

MODS**. please remove

I posted my EBAY site to show the "ol' biddy club" that I was a real individual that god forbid! Is putting out effort to sell his collection.

It was a MOD that gave me the eBay suggestion. Which was a good one. Just sad, it became another target for this boards many "soy boys"
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I did not start this thread. Another poster started a "opinion" poll on my comic pricing.

MODS**. please remove
Just sad, it became another target for this boards many "soy boys"

Why so angry friend? You are brand new to the forums. Wouldn't you like to introduce yourself and build some rapport before you start arguing? Calling people names and such isn't a very good first impression.

We get a lot of hit and run sellers here. People just post some stuff for sale and never respond to comments and/or get involved in any other discussions.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Seems to be a bulk deal, books not worth putting on Ebay due to low demand. Something that should be put on craigs list.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Hi, Organic. There are only a few I'm interested in. I'll offer you $100 for the Hero for Hire #1, $30 for the JLA #218 (I already have that one, but mine isn't slabbed), and $50 for the Mike Zeck signed Captain America #284 (great cover). Call it $200 with shipping?
Post 43 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

MODS**. please remove

I posted my EBAY site to show the "ol' biddy club" that I was a real individual that god forbid! Is putting out effort to sell his collection.

It was a MOD that gave me the eBay suggestion. Which was a good one. Just sad, it became another target for this boards many "soy boys"

give me an effing break!!! you're brand new to this board, selling your books at inflated prices, you get called out on it and you come back with "soy boys"?

I'd be happy you got any responses at all. Do you not understand the risk involved in buying from an unknown poster on a forum? (PayPal protection or not).

I don't think you're striking the right tone on your posts.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I think people are well intentioned here, but the tone could be better on both sides.

Yes, the prices appear to be high. But why not let @organic figure it out himself? When nothing sells, he’ll lower his price most likely and continue to do so until they sell. What’s it to anyone else here if his prices are high? Offer constructive criticism or just let him be.
Post 45 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I think people are well intentioned here, but the tone could be better on both sides.

Yes, the prices appear to be high. But why not let @organic figure it out himself? When nothing sells, he’ll lower his price most likely and continue to do so until they sell. What’s it to anyone else here if his prices are high? Offer constructive criticism or just let him be.

I would suggest you look up the definition of "soy boys" and tell me if he's well intentioned with the tone of his post.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
As a recent newb myself who conducted a recent trade; I believe congeniality, being cordial, and being fair priced are key. Although maybe those are also life tips...
Post 47 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

I would suggest you look up the definition of "soy boys" and tell me if he's well intentioned with the tone of his post.

Okay, I just did.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and retract my offer, @organic. Cheers.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
So what's with every item being $111? Stamps, coins, comics. Most everything has the same price. It jumps around some, but there seems to be dozens of items at the same price.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Isn’t calling members of the forum soy boys ground for suspension?
Post 50 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, this guy should go away. Far to the left.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Soy%20Boy
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Hi, Organic. There are only a few I'm interested in. I'll offer you $100 for the Hero for Hire #1, $30 for the JLA #218 (I already have that one, but mine isn't slabbed), and $50 for the Mike Zeck signed Captain America #284 (great cover). Call it $200 with shipping?

Hello Tedsaid:

HERO FOR HIRE #1

A 4.5 just sold for $193 with shipping. I have a CBCS graded 5.0, Your offer of a hundred dollars seems unfair. I can let her go for $250 with SHIPPING. I will be at the Long Beach convention center for the SEPT. Long Beach comic con also.... I have a booth at the adjoining expo (rare coins, banknotes & collectibles).

I understand you retracted your offer, I am making this offer in case you change your viewpoint.

thank you

-R
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Didn't a few people including conditionfreak get permanent bans for this kind of stuff?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

@the_Watcher @Jesse_O is this language acceptable?
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Where are all the dictators on this forum? Never around when you need them.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601519 57 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.