Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Modern Age

Toronto Fan Expo7217

Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Oh god...guess I'm going to this stupid thing - just bought my one day Thursday ticket.

Only have 1 maybe 2 sketches I'm looking for and then get out of there!!!

Not a "fan" of Fan Expo - way too big and too many people for me and mostly non comics now compared to say 10 years ago....

Anybody remember the Paradise Comics Comicon??? That was nice - lots of comic vendors and a ton of creators - kicking myself for missing out on some who have not returned since!

Oh well....off to fight traffic, overpay for parking and wait in line to get in

Paradise comics my favourite comic shop...NOT
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Zevgoli never been to the shop..the convention was pretty good though...way back when the Snail had what 4 or 5 locations??
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Making great time so far. Hit Binghamton around noon. Still have to stop for lunch at some point but only about 3.5 hours of actisl driving until I get to my hotel for tonight in Niagra Falls.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Last year we met up for drinks at the Loose Moose (Friday or Saturday I think). We even got Mark Roman and some guys from the CBCS booth to come out with us.

Anyone interested in a meet up this year?

I'm in for Saturday night
Post 29 IP   flag post
Anyone that is going on Thursday, I'd appreciate knowing what supply is like on the Jock variant Detective comics. I'm not going until Saturday and I'd like to get one.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Anyone that is going on Thursday, I'd appreciate knowing what supply is like on the Jock variant Detective comics. I'm not going until Saturday and I'd like to get one.

I hope for Thursday to be my only day - will let you know what the supply looks like (will be my second stop?? - maybe first if no line up).

Hope to pick up at least 1 copy for myself - maybe a second on speculation??

If worst come to worst I'll have to go back for Friday.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer

I hope for Thursday to be my only day - will let you know what the supply looks like (will be my second stop?? - maybe first if no line up).

Hope to pick up at least 1 copy for myself - maybe a second on speculation??

If worst come to worst I'll have to go back for Friday.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
I'm good for drinks/food Thurs, FRI or SAT.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorCreed
I'm good for drinks/food Thurs, FRI or SAT.

Sounds good to me.

The only day that does not work for me is Sunday. I am looking yo leave early and get a jump on the long ride home.
Post 34 IP   flag post
What the hell!!! Almost 2hrs before you can pickup early wristbands and I'm like 20th in line!!!
Post 35 IP   flag post
...no one has ever been in a line before??
Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I need to buy 6 for me and buddies. Hope the limit isn’t too low
Post 37 IP   flag post
Stop touching me!!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
So guy infront of me is trying to complain to a manager because 2 teens were admitted early cause their dad had an early band pass and they fid not but were allowed through anyway....just wondering what he thinks will be gained...will they say yes you are right that was wrong..now everyone can go in??? Just wasted effort...by the way this guy was originally begind me but is now in front...just sit down take a breath and in an hour we will get in...like 20 minutes of complaining and it is still going...
Post 39 IP   flag post
Oh good...he will file an official complaint!!! Ha!!! That will show them!! We had a complaint lady at my office.

Mrs Waite...her first name was Helen...so if you had a problem you could go to Helen Waite!!!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine

30 per book...no limit at the booth i was at...only got 2..they are with the paper protective cover so no finger prints etc.! No way to tell how many they have the girl just reached onder the table tp get my 2 copies
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine

30 per book...no limit at the booth i was at...only got 2..they are with the paper protective cover so no finger prints etc.! No way to tell how many they have the girl just reached onder the table tp get my 2 copies

Thanks for the update. It kinda sucks that you can't pick your own copy...
Post 42 IP   flag post
So i picked up another copy...dont know why..but they will let you pick out your own copy but needs to stay in the bag and board with the tissue cover in place ... Just kind of picked one with pristine corners and am hoping for the best...heard a rumour from the guy in line next to me that there are only 1000 of these...
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
How do they look?

I’m guessing the print run is 880. 😁
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Online shops have already sold a fair amount
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
what's cool and helps the value of these things is theres not three versions of it...like a trade dress, b&w virgin and color virgin copies. it stands on its own. Sort of like the Mayhew ASM 797/800 and the shattered comics homage covers. That helps.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I am going to take some initiative and suggest that anyone who is interested in meeting up after the show Saturday 7PM at the Loose Moose post in this thread.

Let us know how many people will be with you and when you expect to get there so we know to expect you and what size table we will need.

I am going to ask the guys at the CBCS booth and a couple friends to join us ehen I see them at the show
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
I am going to take some initiative and suggest that anyone who is interested in meeting up after the show Saturday 7PM at the Loose Moose post in this thread.

Let us know how many people will be with you and when you expect to get there so we know to expect you and what size table we will need.

I am going to ask the guys at the CBCS booth and a couple friends to join us ehen I see them at the show

I think I am in. It may be just me or may be 3 of us, not sure yet. Are you looking at getting a table downstairs or upstairs?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Sorry..Thursday was my only day - here's what I got!!

3 of these Jock covers - picked ones with nicest corners
will leave covers on to keep prints off till I sell 1 or 2 and grade 1 or 2??

7 of these Marvel 25th Anniversary overs - might try for complete set?

Only went to the Con for a Terry Moore sketch - too bad he was only doing head sketches - still real nice!!

Even Went for a Dave Ross Iron Man!

Post 49 IP   flag post
@farseer Last year they seated us upstairs. I will west my blue Beavis and Butthead shirt which should make me easy to spot.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Love the Katchoo sketch! WOW.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
@farseer Last year they seated us upstairs. I will west my blue Beavis and Butthead shirt which should make me easy to spot.

If you go downstairs it's a lot less formal. More of a bar than a restaurant, but will probably be more noisy too. We go there before concerts or hockey games at the former Air Canada Centre, now Scotiabank Arena.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector VictorCreed private msg quote post Address this user
Mattina has these spawn covers too. Said to have a print run of 700.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I am at the Loose Moose getting a table under the name Corey.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am at the Loose Moose getting a table under the name Corey.

If.you guys are looking for something to do..Silver Snail is having their midnight madness sale tonight 9pm-12am..

Up to 50% off everything.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600457 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?