Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAPQuestions

Artists that you are surprised they aren't published?7210

Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it would be kinda cool to get a thread going showing off small-time/local artists that put out quality that just shocks you that they aren't published. I know a lot of people are biased by commissions that they get so I'm asking everyone to try to really be particular about someone you have seen or gotten a piece from, that in your mind, its just hard to believe they haven't been picked up by a major publishing house, particularly one of the big 3 (Marvel/DC/Image).

The first artist that comes to mind for me is Izik Bell from Colorado. I've gotten multiple pieces from him and his work is always incredibly detailed and just absolutely stunning. Here are a couple pieces he has done for me in the past:

Hellboy 12" x 18"

Earths Mightiest Heroes 11" x 17"

Wolverine vs. Sabertooth on Wolverine Blank

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Is this artist fast, like one of these pieces in less than a day?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Is this artist fast, like one of these pieces in less than a day?

I'm honestly not sure how long he takes from start to finish and I know that can definitely be a reason why an artist may not do published work. I'm more just interested in seeing publishable quality work from unknown artists, not so much reasons why they may or may not be published
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Published or not, he or she has talent. *tips hat*
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Walter Figueroa

Justin Hunt

Beejay Hawn

Dominic Daley
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Kaptainmyke, I have seen Walter Figueroa's stuff before, his art is pretty amazing!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
he just discovered copics today lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm surprised that the girl I've been in love with for the past decade hasn't been published. I can't get her to draw a comic story.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I'm surprised that the girl I've been in love with for the past decade hasn't been published. I can't get her to draw a comic story.

Name? The art is pretty solid
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
This guy: Vince Sunico

He's done a few sketches that are just insane.

Wolverine VS Joker

Old Lady Laura

Great stuff!

He reminds me of Alvin Lee, not sure if anyone knows who he is... also another great
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DJC_II Wow! That is some impressive work; i checked out his instagram, definitely seems like a fantastic artist
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
This guy: Vince Sunico

He's done a few sketches that are just insane.

He reminds me of Alvin Lee, not sure if anyone knows who he is... also another great

Not this great Alvin Lee, I take it?

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks I wouldn't mind seeing a few different compositions though, if I'm honest. The headshots feel a bit stiff and 'portrait-y'. I get a better sense of his abilities when he really brings out his tool chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade

Not this great Alvin Lee, I take it?

That's him. Don't let the hair fool you.

This guy is a master with the pencil.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Name? The art is pretty solid

It's private for now until she decides what angle to pursue. She's reestablishing herself in a new locale. She's trying different styles and themes and wants to settle into the right options for her before promoting her work. She's thinking about being a tattoo artist.
Post 15 IP   flag post
597876 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?