Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS Turnaround 7/11/16721

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome, so now we know the new TAT format is not the 7/15 surprise.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I can tell you, without question, that you are correct.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Getting closer to my books. LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
My book moved to graded this morning! Yeah! Since it's my first CBCS submission, I'm excited to get the book back.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Dustinjean private msg quote post Address this user
I love the new TAT layout, I think it gives a better idea on when your books will show movement through the process, rather than just saying how far behind modern tier is haha. Great improvement.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
My book moved to graded this morning! Yeah! Since it's my first CBCS submission, I'm excited to get the book back.

Since your books have moved to graded will you let that poor hostage go?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Stormnut private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for 4 more weeks by my caculation. Submitted book at Planet Comicon which was the weekend of May 21st. My invoice shows received on June 7th but I believe that's in error and should be received on May 24th. I Hope
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@Stormnut Im in the same boat with you. I submitted mine at the tidewater con on May 22nd, and was received on May 29th. The anticipation is killing me. If it does come in 4 weeks then it will fall some where in my birthday week. If it does get there on my birthday I will drop the biggest egg ever... it might even be a golden egg.... so excited.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm going to assume a 3-month TAT on regular submissions. I'm not trying to flip anything so it doesn't bother me. If I do intend quick sales, I'll use an expedited service.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DertyComix funny, it will be close to mine. Mine is a Just Imagine Green Lantern with an authenticated signature from Stan Lee!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84

Since your books have moved to graded will you let that poor hostage go?

Not yet. Only when I get my book back.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Stormnut i have 5 book, 3 signatures from Joe Rubinstein, and one with Mike Zeck and John Beatty on a single book.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@DertyComix nice! I'm Green Lantern fan and had to find something for him to sign since he was going to be at our con.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
My very 1st submission was received on the 16 of jun can some explain...

1. if there is no delay ho long does this process usually take?

2. how long should i expect my 1st submission to be done?

not complaining at all. it just that its my 1st submission and it feels like eternity. lol
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Stormnut thats sweet, im a wolverine fan my self. Had to have Joe put is very own ink on my books. It was cool talking to him at the Con.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Gwenlocke_Variant normal modern with no extras like 2-1 day or fast past is 4 weeks from received date. Currently we are looking at 11 weeks.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnut
@Gwenlocke_Variant normal modern with no extras like 2-1 day or fast past is 4 weeks from received date. Currently we are looking at 11 weeks.

dang it. anyone have a flux capacitor i can borrow or a delorean while we at it? i just wanna break the fabric of time just this once to get the initial wait done and over with so i can move on with doing other things. lol ive always been like this i dont know why.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Three or four more days and my Fast Pass will be exceeding the TAT
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Stormnut The modern tier was never on a 4 week turn around, which is why the old format was so confusing to people. 30 CBCS business days during con season equals 7.5 weeks.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Bio_Rupp private msg quote post Address this user
Posted this in the other thread to show actual wait time...

For anyone who wants to know, my books were turned in on April 24th at a show and were in FL on April 26th. So the ACTUAL TIME IN DAYS (not business days because who can really understand all that con day etc stuff)... was 79 total days from my submitting the books to picking them up at the post office.

Hopefully that will give some perspective to the wait time people will experience.
Post 21 IP   flag post
This is why we are moving away from the phrase "business days."
It's confusing and people who are new to the hobby don't understand it.

We will be making an update to our site soon that will remove all references of "business days." Once that happens, you'll never see that prase associated with CBCS again.

We want to keep it simple. Our customers are happier when they don't have to question everything.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
This is why we are moving away from the phrase "business days."
It's confusing and people who are new to the hobby don't understand it.

We will be making an update to our site soon that will remove all references of "business days." Once that happens, you'll never see that prase associated with CBCS again.

We want to keep it simple. Our customers are happier when they don't have to question everything.

Excellent move. This will help prevent customer frustration. The new customers who do not understand holidays and convention season.

I think you should also make it clear that the amount of days listed on the site is only an estimate. I hate taking a cue from CGC but I do like seeing next to each other the # of days and the # of the current estimate of days.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Are my books done yet? Its been a month.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts I was told a year ago that CBCS does not grade on the Friday of a convention weekend. Is this true?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector fat1138 private msg quote post Address this user
subbed my books april 6 at eccc recieved april 29.various tiers graded last week at quality control this week ,should get back by end of month
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@SteveRicketts I was told a year ago that CBCS does not grade on the Friday of a convention weekend. Is this true?

We grade every day.
When we have a big convention, many of our employees are away at the show, leaving behind a skeleton crew. They still do their assigned jobs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Are my books almost done?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Depends on what your definition of "almost" is.
We're grading May 5th.
We received your books June 21st.

In my opinion, that is not "almost."

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder

We grade every day.
When we have a big convention, many of our employees are away at the show, leaving behind a skeleton crew. They still do their assigned jobs.

Thanks Steve. That's what I thought but I just thought I would ask.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 66 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?