Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Hot NYX and x-23 books?720

Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics bummer but you could still get something for the rest with a little more time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Well, damn #4 in 9.8 is pulling over $400! One that went to bidding netted $810 on 51 bids!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
was there a news edition for nyx3 or only the direct edition?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not sure I have only seen direct versions.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
20k is not gonna happen when a 9.8 is not even $1000 yet.
New Mutants 98? Was that $18K for the 9.9 when 9.8s were $300.00

Quote:
@Resurrection point taken but I think the market will be wiser this time around. The second 9.9 of NM went for significantly less.

2 different books.

First to market always fetches a premium.
How many 9.9s have sold so far.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well, damn #4 in 9.8 is pulling over $400! One that went to bidding netted $810 on 51 bids!!

Time to send my #4 to CBCS!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
Quote:

Time to send my #4 to CBCS!

Yeah no kidding! Press and sub my two copies. I may just have two legit 2-Day Moderns to submit to get my ecoupons used this time around.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I still have a NYX #1 signed by Middleton. You think that would move on ebay? It's raw. Thought about getting it graded and verified...should be a 9.6
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
This is the X-23 book IMAO although there are so many factors that I'm having trouble with the price it goes for. It's a 1 for 25 but people say it's impossible to find period. It does have alot going for it too and being a Dell'Otto doesn't hurt either. : eek: I'm just unsure if this book is worth what it's going for right now.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@JWKyle there would have been a maximum 1249 printed. More than likely less since the ratio was 1 to 25 and a store would have to order a minimum of 25. With only maybe 31224 printed quite a few stores would not have ordered 25 copies.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@JWKyle there would have been a maximum 1249 printed. More than likely less since the ratio was 1 to 25 and a store would have to order a minimum of 25. With only maybe 31224 printed quite a few stores would not have ordered 25 copies.
So let's say 1000-750 printed that seems like quite a few copies for something considered "hard to find"
Post 36 IP   flag post
Oh and don't get me wrong I love the fact it's a Dell'Otto cover and the book looks great but for a thousand or two I think I could find something else for that kind of money.
Post 37 IP   flag post
oh I agree. I was just trying to point out that the overall numbers of this 1:25 variant would be less than say a Batman The Return would have had (just picking the top comic of that month that year). To me "hard to find" is just one of the many marketing terms used to try and convince the ignorant that they are getting something more than they are. Fact is most copies of this book are going to be high grade and you should be able to find one with minimal effort. Try finding New Adventures #13 that is a truly scarce book.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
This is the X-23 book IMAO although there are so many factors that I'm having trouble with the price it goes for. It's a 1 for 25 but people say it's impossible to find period. It does have alot going for it too and being a Dell'Otto doesn't hurt either. : eek: I'm just unsure if this book is worth what it's going for right now.

There's a CBCS 9.8 on the Bay for $2500. It's out of my price range.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191907484639

Raw one for less.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/112059275701
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/191907484639

Raw one for less.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/112059275701
I know and those color breaking creases are not going to press out of anything that is a 9.4 at best in my eye
Post 41 IP   flag post
I own a copy of this variant and I am still stunned at how much it is going for. I paid $18 Canadian for mine simply because I liked the cover. I never dreamed that it would ever be more than I paid for it. I don't understand why it went up that much, I mean it is a great cover and all, but I sure am not arguing about owning a book of this value. Whether it is warranted or not I don't really care
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
I own a copy of this variant and I am still stunned at how much it is going for. I paid $18 Canadian for mine simply because I liked the cover. I never dreamed that it would ever be more than I paid for it. I don't understand why it went up that much, I mean it is a great cover and all, but I sure am not arguing about owning a book of this value. Whether it is warranted or not I don't really care
Let's see the Canadian dollar is down. The book is a know piece of Drek. I would be willing to let you pay me $20.00 USD to take that nasty thing off your hands.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I actually like the book. The series was a bit toned down from previous X-23 titles but Liu was trying to develop more layers for the character. Personally I liked the direction she was going.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone think this is with getting a red label? I would sell it. Most likely a 9.2 or 9.4

Post 45 IP   flag post
Right now it might not be worth the cost. I haven't seen what it is selling for unsigned.
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
NYX#1 can be had for $5 right now.
Post 47 IP   flag post
signed?!
Post 48 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

That's a great cover.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
signed?!

Raw unsigned.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Ok but graded and signed should go for $125
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Ok but graded and signed should go for $125

There's two 9.6 CGC yellow labels on ebay asking $185, so that's probably a fair estimate for a 9.4 CBCS red label.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How do you know there would have been a maximum of 1249 printed...?

What does the distribution ratio...that is, the number of regular copies that retailers have to order to qualify to order a copy of the incentive...have to do with the number of regular copies printed...?

And where do you come up with 31,224 of the regular edition printed? The numbers at Comichron are SALES estimates, for the North American market only, not print runs.

That number....1:25....is not connected to the print run of the regular issue in any way. The only thing that number represents is the amount of regular copies a retailer has to order to qualify to buy 1 copy of the incentive.

That's it.

All the rest of these numbers that people are coming up with is .9999 fine speculation.
Post 53 IP   flag post
600837 53 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?