Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Someone please help7169

Collector PumpernickelPete private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there, is it just me or can no one contact cbcs. Unable to leave messages, tried both numbers. Also 1 response on email, and thats it. Books have been sitting there since april. Has anyone had these issues?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
all can say is #SOON
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
yes same issue mine is in pressing sense april
and I paid for a fast pass
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email stating that my books were received and now in the vault, waiting to be graded. My return date should be 10/30 at the latest based on the most recent turnaround time.

With that being said, everyone is having the same issues with speaking with an actual human at CBCS. Nobody answers the phone and replies to emails take a week to 2 weeks.

If I were running the company I'd at minimum send out an update email to all of my customers. I love CBCS, I'd just love to hear it from the horses mouth This is where we stand, realistic turnaround times, phone lines, email responsiveness, customer service, news, updates, etc. Moving a business location is simply not a good excuse for poor customer experience.

Patience is key here.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Complain on Their Facebook page and other places. Get your order expedited.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
I called them today around 12:45 eastern time. Chose the customer service option, and someone picked up after about 5 or 6 rings. They said my books were in heat seal, then on to slabbing. What are they sealing ? I dropped them off in St. Pete on March 16th. The one I dropped off for pressing and slabbing is still at the pressers in Florida. I wonder if I'll get that back before the end of the year. I tried to joke about them getting close to done, and maybe just a few more months to go, but I don't think he thought it was too funny.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Their terrible tats and decline in customer service quality is unacceptable. Gotta wonder if their buyout by Beckett and move to Dallas is gonna do them in. If the comic market took a turn for the worse they'd probably go under quick with the issues they have now.

If it wasn't for newton rings I'd likely abandon cbcs and never look back.

Btw, I've only submitted one comic to them in the past year and that's not because I only had one, it's because I'm waiting for either cbcs to get their act in gear or for cgc to come out with a solution to the newton ring problem. Shocked people accept newton rings for what they are too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome aboard. My oldest order is early March. I send a few books in every month all on regular speed They do great work just not in a timely fashion.I have one I sent in early July on fast track and I’m sending a order in on Monday but on fast track. On both it said 12 weeks. They have one faster speed but a lot more money. If there for my collection I get regular service if I’m thinking I may sell one I fast track. But the cost goes up and the profits go down.
You have to be patient or pay more money.
Everybody does the fast track thing. FedEx USPS airlines. Amazon. Etc....etc...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Wow thanks for the info. It sounds like Cbcs really does suck and cant run a good business. Well I'm out only 2 books, Never dealing with these guys again. Maybe I'll try PGX, JK. I might get better results.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpernickelPete
Wow thanks for the info. It sounds like Cbcs really does suck and cant run a good business. Well I'm out only 2 books, Never dealing with these guys again. Maybe I'll try PGX, JK. I might get better results.

If it's a flip, go cgc. If it's for the pc, then either hold off until after con season or just keep it raw/slab it with a comicskin.

But I've been waiting since last con season for tats to get back to what they were 2 cons ago. Seems like it's never going to get better.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Wooo. Hold on now. CBCS really does do great work their just working through a tuff time. We all complain about the time it takes. But I don’t think any of us want to move on down the road. Especially all the way out west. (PGX)
I hope you stay but if not good luck
Personally I’ll wait the alternative has bumps too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Please....the only issue with cbcs is tats right now...the customer service is part of that issue. they will correct this..it won't be tomorrow but it'll happen. if you're buying tats then across the street is where you want to go. if you're buying accurate grading, crystal clear slabs, cool labels and (possibly) vsp then cbcs is the cream of the crop, period. all this blowhard negativity is old.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Maybe, but at least have the courtesy to update the customer. I gave them my payment info and after I contacted them 4 months later, they informed me my order for 2 books just grading is $85 and I still owe. So why didnt you informed me 4 months ago that you lost my credit card #? What do you mean their not paid for? Ya know what keep them.

Thanks you guys, for the insight and info. Good luck to you in the future, and good luck with you books. I'M OUT!
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Maybe, but at least have the courtesy to update the customer. I gave them my payment info and after I contacted them 4 months later, they informed me my order for 2 books just grading is $85 and I still owe. So why didnt you informed me 4 months ago that you lost my credit card #? What do you mean their not paid for? Ya know what keep them.

Thanks you guys, for the insight and info. Good luck to you in the future, and good luck with you books. I'M OUT!

my apologies for my last sentence there. That wasnt fair. In my opinion cbcs is by far the best 3rd party grader and right now they're having customer service issues and poor tats. I get the frustration for sure but when you get your books back they'll be better than if you got them graded anywhere else.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Since September 2017 (hurricane Irma) their TAT has been extremely slow. Coming up on the 1 year mark for that pretty soon and TAT are still not fixed. How much longer are you going to keep saying slow TAT’s are just a temporary thing?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@KingNampa I know...its an event that was completely out of their control followed by one completely within their control. I like this company though. Their product is grading and slabs and for that, they are unbeatable. they are innovative, offering up a VSP service (how long has the community been waiting for something like that!?). Crystal clear slabs and tight grading, this is why I defend them, yes, their tats suck right now and its unfortunate these 2 events followed so closely (Irma and moving), but what you get in return far outweighs the long tats in my opinion....what can I say, I'm loyal to cbcs mostly because of the product and services they provide not how quickly I get back books (even though some might say tats are equally important to grading and slabbing, VSP etc...I don't subscribe to that).
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Daddygetalong private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken to them on several occasions since the move. I get through most of the times. I spoke to them twice in July when I called two times. I called last week three times and didn’t get through. I called this week on Monday and spoke to some one and we talked for over fifteen minutes and he was very helpful. I like CBCS. I have never had a problem with them. There service is great.

I understand the reason why they are slower at doing things now. It takes time restarting up a company from a move. I will keep using them or until the quality of service goes down. I have patience and others should be patient also. If your in a hurry seek grading elsewhere. Some of there employees didn’t make the transition with them. They will have to hire more employees and train them. Training people takes time. Especially with grading.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

See ya! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

See ya! Don't let the door hit ya in the ass

Post 19 IP   flag post
601460 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?