Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Fox/Disney merger in retrospect7165

I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
While most of us, (myself included) were euphoric regarding the Fox/Disney merger, I've been thinking about it more a bit, and now I'm a bit more skeptical. While the positives are largely obvious, when thinking more, perhaps even those are over stated.

Most importantly, is combining the Xmen and Avengers universes for lack of a better term. Upcoming Xmen movies are undergoing extensive re shoots, which makes me nervous because this reminds me of DC movies that have under-performed when re shoots were extensive. So how does Disney proceed?

Perhaps its wishful thinking, but is there a possibility that the Marvel directors knew how likely the merger was and perhaps wrote in some super secret easter eggs we didnt notice or something? If they rush the merge, it will feel like the whole DC/Justice League thing. Marvel has been excellent at slowly building up the universe. Without the existence of "secret" unknown tie in potentials, a quick merge will feel forced.

Retconning the past of the Xmen and Avengers history is a whole other thing that I can't even begin to think of.

Perhaps the mos obviously solutions is something that was already going to happen regarding Infinity War 2? Maybe theres still some sort of cataclysmic ending allowing Marvel to rebuild and start introducing X-men now?

Secret Invasion aside, I'd been keen on a House of M, or even an Avengers vs Xmen large crossover in the future but those can get hairy.

I suppose, what I was trying to ask is, how do you think the merger will be handled? if at all? My apologies that it took so long to get to the point.
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The merger will be handled in a way as to extract cash from your pocket.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Yep.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Yep.

Normally I would agree, but considering the James Gunn thing, I disagree. They may have cost themselves money on that end. Plus the way that would extract the most money would likely be a scaled down slower immersion. You aren’t accounting for greed which is now telling them to do it all at once. If avengers with more characters was so good, throwing the X-men in will be better mentality, etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’m almost certain there are execs there without a clue to comics, who don’t care about them and are simply greedy with a now mentality who make knee jerk reactions without considering long term. My fear is that while they have been kept at bay as best as I can tell, I fear that one will prevail soon and green light the idea that brings about the fall of the golden age of the comic movie era.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
I’m almost certain there are execs there without a clue to comics, who don’t care about them and are simply greedy with a now mentality who make knee jerk reactions without considering long term. My fear is that while they have been kept at bay as best as I can tell, I fear that one will prevail soon and green light the idea that brings about the fall of the golden age of the comic movie era.

Marvel is pretty much hitting it out of the park with every release. Mostly due to the fact that the exec's at the helm are all comic book fans first and foremost. These people know these characters inside and out and better than most fans. When the merger is complete, those characters will join the Marvel stable helmed by the same exec's. In my opinion, as a fan of comic book movies, Disney/Marvel will continue with the high quality releases with these new characters, specifically xmen and ff. Less competition in any industry is undesirable but I can't help but be excited for this merger because in terms of quality comic film making, Disney destroys Fox.
Post 6 IP   flag post
597889 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?