Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

an idiot question, apologizes in advance7163

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
ok I'm new to all this grading stuff, always had some I wanted to have graded but just thought it was too dangerous to ship comics..but....for my question, I have a graded wolverine at 9.8 that, just my danged luck, I did a very short juggle/drop that put a small but offensive crack in the back top of the case. question is though it was originally graded by cgc, but will CBCS do a re capsule on it or will they want it to be completely regraded. Thanks and peace.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
cbcs will always regrade the comic going from cgc to cbcs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks dude, guess it gets sent back to cgc
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
They will need to grade it themselves but if it is a yellow label it will remain so. CGC reholdering fees are a bit high and if you have tried CBCS I would recommend you continue to use them as there grading standards are more accurate in my view. But to each there own. This would be a perfect opportunity for you to press the book if the notes state defects that a pressing could fix.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
They will need to grade it themselves but if it is a yellow label it will remain so. CGC reholdering fees are a bit high and if you have tried CBCS I would recommend you continue to use them as there grading standards are more accurate in my view. But to each there own. This would be a perfect opportunity for you to press the book if the notes state defects that a pressing could fix.

The book is already a 9.8. He should 100% send it back to CGC for a reholder. The risk of a grade drop sending it to CBCS is too great.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

The book is already a 9.8. He should 100% send it back to CGC for a reholder. The risk of a grade drop sending it to CBCS is too great.

Probably less of a risk and more of a certainty! I missed the grade when I first read it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

Prepare to be Newton Ringed!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
600839 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?