Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor Sale

Venom:Lethal Protector#1 @ $23,750.00 WHY???7137

Collector vvv private msg quote post Address this user
Is it a typo by this seller or is maybe it was done on purpose?

Venom: Lethal Protector #1 is being listed for $23,750.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Venom-Lethal-Protector-1-PLEASE-READ-Comic-Student-Aid-donation/173445619404
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@vvv You have to read the description:

"With the release of the upcoming Venom movie, I have decided to sell my copy of Venom Lethal Protector as a donation. The money from the sale will be used to help pay off student loans. Upon purchase I will send proof of payment towards the loans. The book has been stored in a comic book bag and board since the day I got it and is in excellent condition. I will be extra careful with the shipping and place it in secure packaging so that it doesn't get damaged. I'm hoping it finds a good home with someone who will enjoy it as much as I have."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Makes sense. Thank you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Actually really good idea. Hope someone with too much money helps him out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Bontchimuz Same
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Masochism
@Bontchimuz

I agree with you both. lesson learned.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@vvv No one is giving you a hard time, we are simply commenting on the listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ya I know. It is a Monday night and all I saw was $23,750.00 **** and not the Please read part of it** As to why do not shop when tired. LOL

All in good spirit.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Bontchimuz private msg quote post Address this user
Hell I might do something similar LOL
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Man!!!i have at least 2 or 3 of these!!! Maybe someone will help me pay off my mortgage
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
It is hard to believe there is anybody stupid enough to buy into that load of crap listing.

Hey! I have a REALLY Nice Spawn #1 I would like to sell. I would also like to pay off my Home and Car Loans..... How about $25,000 and as a bonus I will send you a copy of my loan payoff notes.

Did I mention I have Zero Ebay Feedbacks?

What a complete idiot

Then again as PT Barnum once said........ "There's a sucker born every minute"
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
If it was a polybagged Deadpool carded X-Force #1 I could see it....but Lethal Protector?!
Post 12 IP   flag post

I would do an even $20,000 on this beauty! My poor mother is in desperate need of medical marijuana for her deteriorating eye sight. PLEASE won't you help. Retina scans and burnt roaches will be included to verify the donated money was well spent.

Thank You so much for your donation and Empathy

Let's throw in a God Bless you as well.....
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Pay off this persons debt and they learn nothing of life.

So many others in serious need of help with their lives. Highly Doubt anyone will bite. Maybe there's more to the story, but I doubt it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944

I raise you 5 on the poly bag. All one-of-kind card never opened. All 5 for $35K for my poor old long boxes that need to be refaced.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
@BigRedOne1944

I raise you 5 on the poly bag. All one-of-kind card never opened. All 5 for $35K for my poor old long boxes that need to be refaced.

A VERY generous offer Triple V, but surely you can't value the health of your poor old comic boxes, with that of the failing health of my dear ole mother's eye sight. I think you might be trying to pull a fast one here, unlike I, whom only has the best intentions for my dear old mother. YOU Scoundrel!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
@BigRedOne1944

A VERY generous offer Triple V, but surely you can't value the health of your poor old comic boxes, with that of the failing health of my dear ole mother's eye sight. I think you might be trying to pull a fast one here, unlike I, whom only has the best intentions for my dear old mother. YOU Scoundrel!

@BigRedOne1944

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
@BigRedOne1944

@BigRedOne1944

Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember about a year or two ago a certain writer (who will remain nameless) got into severe debt and trouble with the IRS and back taxes.
He put in a go-fund-me.
To say I couldn't believe the nerve is an understatement.
We all go through tough times. Often things happen we can't control and had no choice in doing. (i.e. health). Help is appreciated when offered. But to flat out make your own grave and then ask for funds from strangers? Sheesh.
This Lethal protector is pretty darn close to the aforementioned writer.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Lazy people annoy me.

====================

I know a guy that is trying this to work his way up to a boat.

https://jalopnik.com/5591644/how-a-17-year-old-craigslist-swapped-an-old-phone-for-a-porsche

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/from-paper-clip-to-house-in-14-trades-1.573973
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
you know what I found to be extremely effective when paying off my school loans- working my A$$ off, not racking up any unnecessary bs debt, and sending them as much as I could afford so that the majority of it pays down the principle.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Mr_adam_R AMEN!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_adam_R
you know what I found to be extremely effective when paying off my school loans- working my A$$ off, not racking up any unnecessary bs debt, and sending them as much as I could afford so that the majority of it pays down the principle.

Congratulations to YOU!

Sadly, working hard and being accountable for yourself is a lacking trait in with today's self-entitled youth
Post 23 IP   flag post
601246 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?