Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

So wait, 10FOR25 Hastings variant sales713

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Are these all the time?!!

So I can buy multiple separate $25 orders. I just got 20 variant covers at hastings using code 10FOR25 twice on 2 different orders. These comics are 1 in 25 covers, or 1 in 30 covers. Many are virgin covers or sketch covers regularly $29.99 usually. (sort by highest to lowest first)
So if I get them graded at 9.2 or whatever I could sell these potentially for $50-$75?

It costs $24 to grade a modern book.
These cost me only $2.50 each.
$30 each graded and slabbed total cost.

Profit. How many of you are doing this? I'd like to know because I have some free time on my hands.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Keep this on the down low until after my next pay day will ya?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
Not working for me on the regular variants or hastings variants.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.gohastings.com/browse/BOOK/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2456+4294928571+3631/departmentName/BOOK.uts?from=coupon_0225_1025comics&utm_nooverride=1

Use that link and change sorting to "highest to lowest" price and buy 1 of each different cover. They won't let you do 10 of the same one but if you mix and match and come back for a different order you can buy different or same ones again.

Also you can try "Specials" at top of page and click "Coupons" on drop down and the deal is towards the bottom, 4th or 5th one from the bottom up
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, it is not working for me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Is it only on books in that link, or any comics?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure Hasting exclusive variants are excluded.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hmmm... I have tried a few different combos with no luck. I will have to make sure I am not putting any of those in
Post 8 IP   flag post
Has to be only the variants on that link.
Sort "Highest to Lowest" under price.
Attempt the highest ones not SOLD OUT.
If you try exclusives to hastings it doesn't work.
You have to do 10 different issues.
You cannot attempt 10 of the same book.
One "deal" of 10 per cart.
Enter code "10FOR25" on final checkout screen.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh, OK... I got super excited for a minute. That sounded like a great deal, but unfortunately, I did not find any on that link.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector spamnham private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't expect to be able to do it again, but it worked
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just a heads up, some of the books on Hastings have the wrong cover art displayed, like the regular cover instead of the variant. You will however receive the correct variant cover and not the regular. This confused the hell out of me this morning when my order from last week came in. Another thing, books will ship in different packages from different locations.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Just a heads up, some of the books on Hastings have the wrong cover art displayed, like the regular cover instead of the variant. You will however receive the correct variant cover and not the regular. This confused the hell out of me this morning when my order from last week came in. Another thing, books will ship in different packages from different locations.
I placed a 10 book order today never bought from Hastening before how is the condition of the books?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Me either, I placed two separate orders so I will find out soon enough myself
Post 14 IP   flag post
Most were probably 9.6 or better, one or two were probably closer to to 9.4 or 9.2 due to shelf wear. Some of the polybags are rough, you can tell some of these were sitting on store racks for awhile. Overall I'm happy, I got several books that are easily $16-$20 raw books for $2.50 each.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I wonder if this will be a regular event or deal they offer to get rid of large quanities of unsold books online. Seems like a win win business model for everyone, the store and comic dealers.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I wonder if this will be a regular event or deal they offer to get rid of large quanities of unsold books online. Seems like a win win business model for everyone, the store and comic dealers.

The reason they're having this sale is because they filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Post 17 IP   flag post
They just added more this morning. *Adds to cart...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector srezvan private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the link. Just placed an order.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hastings has put everything on sale because they are bankrupt.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I've made 3 total orders:

30 variant comics total, retail of $949.75
3 x 10 for $25 = $75 total free shipping

At least half of these can be graded and slabbed, to be sold on ebay for $100+ each. That inversion cover for Avengers/X-Men Axis is expensive!
Post 21 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke you sell all those you might afford the Usagi.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I just don't want to buy it. That's your white whale, my friend. I'd just get it to spite you. LOL
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I put in an order.

There is a Hastings one town over. I attempted to purchase 2 statues as they are buy one get one 1/2 off and do an in store pick-up as the both were at that store. The website informed me that the promotion isn't good for store pick-ups. They must be making a killing on shipping. Can't figure why they wouldn't honor it for any other reason.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Just a heads up guys my are coming in and looks like you may get what you get. I ordered this:

And I got this:

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector oldmilwaukee6er private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered 10 after reading this thread... Some to collect and some to flip locally.
The 10 books arrived in 5 different shipments with two books consisting of only a bag/board and bubble mailer.

My books ranged from VFNM to NM+ & oddly one bubble mailer with a slash in it yielded a beautiful NM+ copy of Black Science 2
Post 26 IP   flag post
600644 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?