Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for some opinions in a possible trade. I have the opportunity to trade my Hulk #1 3.0 for an ASM #1 5.0 - do you feel it’s a good trade or should I hold on to the Hulk - I’m divided on this one. Hulk has steadily been gaining value. Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
keep Hulk all the way...dont trade a 1st appearance for a 2nd appearance.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
I think I’d keep the hulk 1 myself
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
HULK SMASH!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Stick with what you've got in this instance mate.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Didn’t think of that - just looking to finish my ASM first 100 collection. Currently missing 1,2,4,6,10, and 12. Always looking for help to obtain these.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Stu

Currently, both are around the same Market Value in their respective grades.

Perhaps the other party would be willing to throw in another early ASM or two that you are missing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I think Hulk #1 is harder to find. I don’t think I’d do it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Didn’t think of that - just looking to finish my ASM first 100 collection. Currently missing 1,2,4,6,10, and 12. Always looking for help to obtain these.

ASM #1 is all I need for my AF15-ASM375 run, but I wouldn't give up a Hulk 1 for it. In fact, I sometimes consider getting a Hulk 1 first.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk, all the way, id kill for a hulk 1
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk smash puny Parker.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The #1 issue of the greatest and most popular Marvel character of all time, for the first appearance and #1 issue of a very popular Marvel character, but more scarce than the ASM #1.

Hmmm...

I don't know about the trade. But I do know this. BOTH issues are mega keys and should only increase in popularity and value as the current crop of youngsters get to adulthood and have major toy/nostalgia money.

There is no downside to keeping/obtaining either.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
One is a 1st appearance, though. For me, that’s why Hulk #1 wins out. It’s close, and it’s only my opinion, especially since @Stu already has AF 15.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd keep the Hulk #1.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I love Spidey more than any other character in the Marvel universe but I'm sure Hulk 1 is more rare, I'd keep it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I suck at trading.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, I’d keep the hulk... 1st appearance and very rare. BUT I would want to see both of the books to make a final decision. @Stu for example why is the hulk a 3.0... if it had some horrible looking defects on the cover like pen scribbles, then I may sway to the ASM
Post 17 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk, all day, every day.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Yep, I’d keep the hulk... 1st appearance and very rare. BUT I would want to see both of the books to make a final decision. @Stu for example why is the hulk a 3.0... if it had some horrible looking defects on the cover like pen scribbles, then I may sway to the ASM

Yes, I HATE pen scribbles.

I'm in the minority here, but I'd go with the Spidey. It's better condition, which is good, and you seem to like it a lot more. (That's a hell of a run, by the way. Congratulations.) Someone else said the price is about equivalent ... if that's true, then I say go with what you like.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid Here is a picture of my Hulk:
Post 20 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

In the interest of helping you complete your Spidey run I'll reluctantly trade my Spidey #6 for your Hulk #1. 😀
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Keep that Hulk 1.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu

In the interest of helping you complete your Spidey run I'll reluctantly trade my Spidey #6 for your Hulk #1. 😀
I like your style - sadly, no. You willing to sell?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
@Tedsaid Here is a picture of my Hulk

A little wax pencil on there, nothing too bad at all. I don't mind the wax pencil marks. What I really hate are when kids fill in the eyeballs with pens, or draw a mustache, or prominently misspell their own name. Sometimes they trace the characters, or the title. Just looks horrible. I'd never buy a comic marked up like that.

Speaking of names on covers, have any of you guys ever come across the stamped 'Richard O'Neil' name on a comic? It apparently is a semi-famous collection. I came across a late silver age or early bronze age DC comic last year that had it. Which struck a cord ... where had I seen that before? It REALLY seemed familiar. So I looked among my older comics, and eventually found one I had bought 30 years before, also with 'Richard O'Neil' stamped on the cover. I thought that was pretty cool. One came from a comic store on the East Coast 30 years ago, and one came from a store on the West Coast last year.

Anyway, Hulk #1 is great to have, but I still think Spider-Man #1 would be better. Especially in a higher grade. I mean, this is still a little bit of a try-out, isn't it? The Hulk is grey, Bruce Banner has blond hair...
Post 24 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Someone else said the price is about equivalent ... if that's true, then I say go with what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Currently, both are around the same Market Value in their respective grades.

🙋🏻‍♂️
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
When Loki traded off his copy of Hulk #1...

Post 26 IP   flag post
600892 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?