Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPMovies TelevisionPop CultureSignatures

1991 Thing From Another World CBCS 9.4 SS 3X7104

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Check out one of my newest acquisitions:

1991 Dark Horse Comics THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD #1 CBCS 9.4 SS

Signed by Joel Polis "Fuchs" on 10/4/2015
Signed by Thomas Waites "Windows" on 10/4/2015
Signed by John Carpenter on 3/11/2018

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Pacoma7623 private msg quote post Address this user
Sweetness!john carpenter on it.NICE!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice! Carpenter's version of The Thing is one of my favorite sci-fi/horror films. It's one of the rare occasions where a remake is better than the original. Nice looking book with great sigs!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Sorry about that. 9.4 too bad.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13
Very nice! Carpenter's version of The Thing is one of my favorite sci-fi/horror films. It's one of the rare occasions where a remake is better than the original. Nice looking book with great sigs!

Very true. John Carpenter's take on The Thing is a brilliant SF movie. It's actually much closer to the original novella than the Howard Hawks/Christian Nyby film from '51.

The basis for both films was "Who Goes There?" written by John W. Campbell, Jr. under the pseudonym Don A Stuart for Astounding SF in 1938. Here's where the story was first published...

John W. Campbell would become editor of the pulp in 1939. Under his guidance Astounding would have a staggering impact on thought provoking science fiction writing for generations.

Note: Campbell published early works of fiction from Robert Heinlein, Manly Wade Wellman, Theodore Stugeon, Isaac Asimov, L. Sprague DeCamp and many other of the genres most inspired authors.

And all of this is probably waaaaay too much off-topic information. LOL!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica...the more info the better. Thank you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog13

Very true. John Carpenter's take on The Thing is a brilliant SF movie. It's actually much closer to the original novella than the Howard Hawks/Christian Nyby film from '51.

The basis for both films was "Who Goes There?" written by John W. Campbell, Jr. under the pseudonym Don A Stuart for Astounding SF in 1938. Here's where the story was first published...

John W. Campbell would become editor of the pulp in 1939. Under his guidance Astounding would have a staggering impact on thought provoking science fiction writing for generations.

Note: Campbell published early works of fiction from Robert Heinlein, Manly Wade Wellman, Theodore Stugeon, Isaac Asimov, L. Sprague DeCamp and many other of the genres most inspired authors.

And all of this is probably waaaaay too much off-topic information. LOL!

love reading your posts! thanks!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I didn’t know that book existed, love the sigs! Thanks for sharing, @kaptainmyke. 👍🏼

I knew the original film was based on a short story, I just didn’t know where it was published. Thanks for the info, @CatmanAmerica.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
"The Thing" is my all time top favorite movie and #1 under my "Top 100 movies to see before you die" list.

I also have a beaver skin hat custom made as a replica to Kurt Russell's ridiculous helicopter pilot flying cowboy hat. I also have the exact same sunglasses Kurt Russell wore in the movie, from a french sunglasses maker Vuarnet.

One day John Carpenter and Kurt Russell were geting ready for filming of The Thing when they were on an old studio back lot looking for prop pieces. Kurt discovered the hat shoved in the way back on a shelf somewhere. He immediately informed John Carpenter that the movie would not be made unless this hat was worn onscreen in the movie as much as possible. Verified story by Carpenter himself!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
John Carpenter's "Thing" is one of my all-time favorites as well!

"I'm a light sleeper Childs"

Great Book..... too bad about the scribbling on it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600861 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?