Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Venom may not get an R-rating after all7100

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, it looked like they were going the Deadpool route. The Director for Venom essentially confirmed that.

However, they may be flipping on that decision.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/09/venom-movie-rating-spider-man-mcu-crossovers/
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
yeah, looks like they have aspirations of crossing over with the MCU and they can't have an R film crossing over to PG-13 films. Also, the Venom film universe is hinging entirely on the success of Venom (the movie).
Post 2 IP   flag post
If they go this route, the Director’s Cut could always get a DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD release.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
If they go this route, the Director’s Cut could always get a DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD release.

I'd love to see that! Venom kinda demands an R rating but I get why Sony is going PG-13.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I'd love to see that! Venom kinda demands an R rating but I get why Sony is going PG-13.

This is why movies like Suicide Squad failed though! Venom is NOT A GOOD GUY. He is a evil, psychopathic villain.

Chicken shit studios afraid of that dreaded R rating which ends up gutting the film and then "real" fans hold their breathe for a Directors-Cut that never delivers and just leaves people disappointed.

Sorry, Im really not a fan of PG-13 rating and giving studios a pass while waiting for the Directors Cut. I'd rather skip the film and catch it streaming later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
It’s not really giving them a pass. I’m just pointing out that even if the theatrical release is toned down, it isn’t necessarily the end of the matter.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like it was toned down to meet lower rating.. Getting smashed in reviews even. Tom Hardy complaining his favourite scenes didn't make the final cut.

Sony did it again
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i will be passing on this trash movie
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
Getting smashed in reviews even.

AH HAHAHAHHAHA
Post 9 IP   flag post
To be honest.. The trailers looked appalling so it's not surprising to see these reviews.

Shame though as venom is a character that needs to be done right and needs to be done right so we can finally see carnage etc.hit screen as spidey villains
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t see how they can possibly use Carnage as a villain in the sequel & maintain a PG-13 rating.
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Venom is getting smashed with the critics? Wooooooooot? Nooooooooo. I didn’t see this coming. Time to pick up ASM 300 for cheaper.
Post 12 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
This is most unsettling. I already bought the tickets...figures Sony wouldn’t tinge their spotless track record of making bad superhero movies.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it's all lady gaga's fault with her crappy reboot movie no one cares about
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
To be honest.. The trailers looked appalling so it's not surprising to see these reviews.

Shame though as venom is a character that needs to be done right and needs to be done right so we can finally see carnage etc.hit screen as spidey villains

I’m suprised they didn’t learn from the Deadpool mess up to Deadpool redemption
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I amazed that anyone thought this might be good.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
There was nothing in any trailer or promo material that makes me think it will be good.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Last I checked it was in the 20s on rotten tomatoes. Big shame I think I will still end up going since it has been around 2 months since the last time I went to the movies. Just sell the entire franchise to Disney and be done with it. Honestly, how hard is it to make a decent movie about a very popular character. The people behind big budget movies make a lot of money and yet have no clue on how to come up with a good movie...mind-blowing
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I don’t see how they can possibly use Carnage as a villain in the sequel & maintain a PG-13 rating.
exactly.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing

Exactly, why not just hire a couple of these “top critics” from Rotten Tomatoes and run a screener by them before releasing a shitty final draft to the entire world?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@moodswing

Exactly, why not just hire a couple of these “top critics” from Rotten Tomatoes and run a screener by them before releasing a shitty final draft to the entire world?

I don't know if I would trust the critics (they loved Last Jedi) but at least run the movie by someone who understands the source material. I have trouble understanding how a "blockbuster" can go so far wrong. Do directors not realize the script sucks or the movie is going to be bad? I think the actors seem to get a sense of it. With all that money invested, you would think they can at least make a decent movie.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Last I checked it was in the 20s on rotten tomatoes. Big shame I think I will still end up going since it has been around 2 months since the last time I went to the movies. Just sell the entire franchise to Disney and be done with it. Honestly, how hard is it to make a decent movie about a very popular character. The people behind big budget movies make a lot of money and yet have no clue on how to come up with a good movie...mind-blowing

not like they have camera angles, lighting, dialogue or costumes picked out for them....!!!oh wait!!!! that's exactly what a comic book is!!! They even have the benefit of knowing what story lines people like!!!(ok, may have to adjust a bit for non-comic book people but still)
Post 22 IP   flag post
Hey! Do you guys like this shirt?

Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing

not like they have camera angles, lighting, dialogue or costumes picked out for them....!!!oh wait!!!! that's exactly what a comic book is!!! They even have the benefit of knowing what story lines people like!!!(ok, may have to adjust a bit for non-comic book people but still)

Exactly, pick a good story from the comics. Not too hard. They don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@moodswing

Supposedly it was rushed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@moodswing

Supposedly it was rushed.

Yeah, I think your right. Another reason to use an established story from the comics.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Whether you like it or not I'm going to try and convince you otherwise. Im a critic and my opinion has authority over yours.....sounds ridiculous right? Just like all critics are, ridiculous. If the subject matter interests me, I'll go see the movie...like Venom...I'll watch it..if I like it or hate it will be my own opinion and not because critics or an aggregate site like Rotten Tomatoes told me to one way or the other. Critics are just opinions...nothing else.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Whether you like it or not I'm going to try and convince you otherwise. Im a critic and my opinion has authority over yours.....sounds ridiculous right? Just like all critics are, ridiculous. If the subject matter interests me, I'll go see the movie...like Venom...I'll watch it..if I like it or hate it will be my own opinion and not because critics or an aggregate site like Rotten Tomatoes told me to one way or the other. Critics are just opinions...nothing else.

True, but....if I find a critic who's opinions align with mine (9 out of 10 times with a standard deviation of X%)..then eventually I can safely say that I will trust that critic (clothing, book, comic, movie, wine..glorious wine!!!)
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Critics are just opinions...nothing else.

Similar to grading. If you look at these critics as comic book graders, this flick is low grade 2.5/10 lol
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The shirt is ugly. That's an absolute fact. No opinion was put forth. All fact.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598034 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?