Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPComics Modern AgeQuestions

About to send my first submission!!!7090

Collector Jason_hendon private msg quote post Address this user
Like the title says I’m getting ready to send my first submission. Pretty excited honestly. These book are for my personal collection and I’d love to display them. Curious to everyone’s overall satisfaction with CBCS. Any comments would help thanks in advance. Happy to join this community 😀
Post 1 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@Jason_hendon WELCOME!...and good luck with your submission.

Marty
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Jason_hendon My own personal experiences with CBCS have been positive. Bear with the TATs. They are long but I've always been happy with the results.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks have a few books I want pressed for sure. Definitely okay with waiting for books as I know they’ll be in good hands. Also gives me time to finish display cabinet. Still pretty new to collecting so the experience is exciting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_hendon
Like the title says I’m getting ready to send my first submission. Pretty excited honestly. These book are for my personal collection and I’d love to display them. Curious to everyone’s overall satisfaction with CBCS. Any comments would help thanks in advance. Happy to join this community 😀

They are graded better than anyone else out there, and the cases display very nicely. My PC books are all CBCS.

Set your expectations very low for the rest of the business.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyCash private msg quote post Address this user
Good Luck with your submissions. CBCS has 3 of mine since March 20/18. Hope you don't mind the wait.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
The TATs are fine. People got surprised with the move and that caused delays. But waiting is the toughest part. I’ve sent 3 orders in and have been extremely happy with results. Just sent in my 4th order.
Go with CBCS all the way.
CGC has a reputation of having what looks like color bubbles in the sleeves when they are done. And PGX is very shady and doesn’t hold a high regard in community.
CBCS will always have my business.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@billkruser5 have a few CGC books and that’s one of the reasons CBCS was chosen over them. (Friend gave me savage she-hulk 1 9.4. I’ll end up getting it slabbed by CBCS down the road.) Also reading how great the people at CBCS are makes it a no brainer. First submission will be a rather large one. Sending 20 books. Thanks for your feed back
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Just be aware, you probably won't see your books again until next year.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Fast pass is a must at the moment if you care about getting your books in a timely manner.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Are we not allowed to mention other pressers now? I thought we just couldn't discuss the process.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@Jason_hendon Do our research on TAT's and other issues before making your submission. This way you are educated and have a reasonable expectation. I made a submission last fall when TAT's were also bad, but I knew it before I made the submission and wasn't in a rush to get the books back as they were from and for my personal collection. Thus, I wasn't concerned or upset with the TAT. I've used CBCS for pressing and have always been happy with the results. But again, be aware that it will add significantly to the TAT as opposed to them not being pressed.

Just go in with a reasonable expectation and I don't think you will be disappointed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Are we not allowed to mention other pressers now? I thought we just couldn't discuss the process.

I was wondering that myself. I know that I've seen a few mentioned on other threads. Since it was brought up on this one and I have a few books that need it and TAT's being what they are, I thought I might try a 3rd party.

We're allowed to talk about CGC, I don't understand why we can't discuss 3rd party options for pressing?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I recall that the pancake recipe was forbidden. If we can't mention 3rd party pressing services, I'll tell you which pressing service I don't use. It's the one with the ridiculous TAT.
Love your grading service though!
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Pressing is world class and so is their Grading. Their TAT are an issue right now but if you're willing to wait you'll get back a superior product. If these are spec books that are time sensitive then maybe send them across the street (newton rings? no inner well?). if it's for your personal collection, CBCS is the only place.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Honestly, I prefer CFP Comics for my pressing needs. CBCS pressing has been fine the few times I've used it. The vast majority of books I submit are for the PC.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Are CGC TAT better? I still have yet to decide what company to go with.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
As I've stated before....

CBCS = grading accuracy and clarity
CGC = gift grades and rainbows

nuff said!
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
As I've stated before....

CBCS = grading accuracy and clarity
CGC = gift grades and rainbows

nuff said!

Agree 100% ! CBCS is the clear choice!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Cgc comics usually sell for more. At least in the comics I have followed.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
Since this is your first submission, please make sure someone is home to sign for your books! When CBCS is done and ships back to you they require a signature. I had to wait an extra day for my first shipment due to not being home, it was an extra ounce of torture. Since my mother is retired, I have the books sent to her house so avoid this.
Just another thing to keep in mind.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Cgc comics usually sell for more. At least in the comics I have followed.

This true for now. Parity is an eventuality.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.

I have submitted several lots to CBCS ln the last two years without any problems.

The usual turn around time was quoted as about 16 weeks and to be fair took about 18/20 weeks with which I have no problem with. One just has to be patient. It is what it is and one just has to chill and be aware that your submissions are going to be returned in about 6 months or more

Apparently, they were uprooted by a hurricane from Florida to Texas and are still looking for the Yellow Brick road to satisfaction.
Post 23 IP   flag post
601509 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?