Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Is CBCS customer service moving to India?7088

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Heard this a few places now, and it kind of makes sense what with checks being sent from india and nobody picking up the phone yet.

Anyone know anything solid either way on this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
I hope not!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I saw a screenshot on Facebook from a CBCS customer showing their refund check came from India. I'll post if it I can find it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Many American companies outsource everything overseas and become and un-American company. I would like to know the answer to this as well. I like to buy American.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Was my email stating check coming from india. Lets see if it ever arrives....
Post 7 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Global Economy Bro....

Post 8 IP   flag post
Better not post indian memes, i got suspended for posting a meme of an Indian call center!!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa nah. It's cool, he's Hawaiian.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hopefully someone with knowledge on the subject can chime in here.

Two people have now been suspended from the cbcs facebook group just for saying it; very odd. It would be nice if we got some clarity.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer If it enables them to answer every phone call and respond to voicemails in a timely manner might be a good idea. I've seen a lot of grumbling on Facebook and forums about the lack of response from customer service.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
From a purely business standpoint it not only makes perfect sense but could be an absolute requirement especially if competitors have done the same. The difference in payroll expense alone is too vast to ignore.

From a public relations standpoint it's a nightmare with potential customer backlash.

Not sure what the correct answer is.
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
In El Salvador we have a lot of call centers that deal with US clients, so its not just India. They might be sending the customer service here.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
You really don’t know how much this turns me off. My company strives to keep made in America with pride in its mission statement
I hang up the phone when India or anywhere else answers a customer service call. I then email corporate investor relations and I am not happy. I sincerely hope this is not true. I will diffinatly wait for the newton ring thing is fixed. Say it ain’t so joe.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

#IBTL
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Taking a Level 1 phone support in India for general questions and then a level 2 phone support in North America for bigger issues would certainly allow them to better handle the volume of calls and voicemail (people have e been reporting) they've been dealing with.

Would also potentially free up more folks in North America for data entry and order verifications...

If they're doing it to layoff people it's a PR issue...but I don't think Beckett would go that route...if they're doing it to streamline orders with the same personel to stay competitive then it completely makes sense (in my opinion)...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to step in now and clear something up. Any posts that might be deemed racial in nature will be deleted and the offender suspended. I just deleted one in this thread. Be careful.

Also, talk has been that Beckett and CBCS customer service departments will be merged together. Paulbg2000 makes the logical point for a transfer of some Customer Service duties. To my knowledge, no one from CBCS has said anything about customer service being outsourced. As far as the check, are we clear on the meaning of this? Did anyone think that maybe new blank checks, with address changes, etc, were ordered from India? Just a thought.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Got it. Thanks
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
As far as the check, are we clear on the meaning of this? Did anyone think that maybe new blank checks, with address changes, etc, were ordered from India? Just a thought.

The internet says this guy is President of Beckett Media.

CEO as well

Post 22 IP   flag post
Well....ill be a monkey's uncle
Post 23 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I totally guess right on Delhi as the location lol.

So if this guy is the CEO of CBCS, what is Steve’s job title?

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Not my idea of a "Good Idea".
Post 25 IP   flag post
President.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Now I feel extremely uncomfortable.
Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
President.

What’s the difference between CEO and President?
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CEO is higher than President.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 117 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.