Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor SalePop Culture

FS: Valiant Eternal Warrior #1 (Aug 92) - CGC 8.5 White Pages7076

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I have started to post some graded comics for sale and hope they can be moved on to someone who'll appreciate them - while helping me out with some funds to pay bills.

Maybe the buyer has additional cash to get it resubmitted and cleaned for a higher grade. It was initially submitted too quick by me, before learning about cleaning and pressing.

Thanks for viewing the auction. I also have a Star Wars #3 CGC 8.5 up for sale, and I will be putting up some others I have.

Good luck and thanks for helping me out!

Tim

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302835624317
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
There's a gold variant cover (not this one) that's hard to come by and then there's a "flat" embossed variant (still might be another version of the gold) that is extremely hard to come by (relatively speaking)....This doesn't look like either..but keep it in mind if you throw up another copy . Cool book and Good luck with sale
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher There Flat Gold version and an embossed Gold version. There are about 5,000 of each of the Gold version.

@ZosoRocks Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. Are you a keyboard player by any chance?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
There's a gold variant cover (not this one) that's hard to come by and then there's a "flat" embossed variant (still might be another version of the gold) that is extremely hard to come by (relatively speaking)....This doesn't look like either..but keep it in mind if you throw up another copy . Cool book and Good luck with sale

Yep...I don't have one....*smiles*....although I do have a couple gold logo variants.

Thanks for checking it out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
@Watcher There Flat Gold version and an embossed Gold version. There are about 5,000 of each of the Gold version.

@ZosoRocks Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. Are you a keyboard player by any chance?

Keyboard? as in musician? Nope, but I have played a little piano....not any good. I actually took up guitar many years ago, but only goof around nowadays.

I should play more....but I don't....*shrugs*....

Looking to form a band? LOL

Cheers and good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Ah..thanks..I thought the flat was much rarer than the embossed..but I dont follow the book so i just saw it somewhere.

And Zoso...very sorry about your wife ..
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Keyboard? as in musician? Nope, but I have played a little piano....not any good. I actually took up guitar many years ago, but only goof around nowadays.

Cheers and good luck!

Not a musician, your name just looked familiar. I used to hang out with roadies.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Ah..thanks..I thought the flat was much rarer than the embossed..but I dont follow the book so i just saw it somewhere.

The flat Gold version was published with the intent to be distributed at a Diamond Retailer Seminar. The story goes that the printer accidentally shipped it with the regular orders and customers were buying it at the shops and discovering they had something special. Valiant still wanted to distribute a premium book at the retailer seminar, so they published the Gold embossed version which was given out there. Coming out of the seminar, there were retailers immediately offering the other retailers $100 for their Gold embossed copies. A lot of retailers were happy to get a $100 for a comic they were just given for free. The price spike on the secondary market was instantaneous. The flat version isn't more rare, it was just distributed more randomly and it was harder for consumers to locate a copy. Mysteriously, there were still dealers with 10-packs for sale. Valiant used some sneaky marketing tricks back then. I'm not fully convinced all the "accidents" weren't done intentionally.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

The flat Gold version was published with the intent to be distributed at a Diamond Retailer Seminar. The story goes that the printer accidentally shipped it with the regular orders and customers were buying it at the shops and discovering they had something special. Valiant still wanted to distribute a premium book at the retailer seminar, so they published the Gold embossed version which was given out there. Coming out of the seminar, there were retailers immediately offering the other retailers $100 for their Gold embossed copies. A lot of retailers were happy to get a $100 for a comic they were just given for free. The price spike on the secondary market was instantaneous. The flat version isn't more rare, it was just distributed more randomly and it was harder for consumers to locate a copy. Mysteriously, there were still dealers with 10-packs for sale. Valiant used some sneaky marketing tricks back then. I'm not fully convinced all the "accidents" weren't done intentionally.

Cool..thanks...and there's no doubt in my mind that these things were well thought out.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Cheers and good luck!

Not a musician, your name just looked familiar. I used to hang out with roadies.

Ah yes....you maybe thinking of the keyboardist for The Who in the 90s.
-I met him once when he played with Jefferson Starship. Showed him my drivers license and he stopped and shook my hand. LOL

My brush with fame.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_Who_band_members
Post 10 IP   flag post
Bingo. Thanks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598059 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?