Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
SignaturesSigning Opportunities

Stan Lee charging $100 per sign on final con704

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It seems now the autograph tickets went on sale this morning at the Rose City Comicon in Portland , OR... Stan Lee's last final appearance in Portland.

$100.

Every other time for me it's been $40 or maybe at most $50.

This changes my original thinking that I was getting 10 autograph tickets.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
He was charging $100 at Planet Comicon in May with a limit of 4 tickets per person.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
With all due respect...the guy is 93 years old. It's amazing that his health even allows him to travel as much as he does. I'd say his prices are justifiable.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I was very excited to get to meet him and have a pic taken with him. Wish I'd bought all 4 autograph tickets.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
I paid $70 last year at heroescon in charlotte for a pic with Stan and my son. Worth every penny.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
The only reason Stan Lee's signed books are "expensive" in the aftermarket is because Stan already charges a lot at the onset.

It's not like other artists, whose autograph values naturally increase in value (e.g. Neal Adams, Adam Hughes)
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The web site has a maximum drop down option to 10. I'd rather get the maximum. In the words of dead pool, 'MAXIMUM EFFORT!"
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A Neal Adams signature cost $25 two years ago at RI Comic Con. Last year it was up to $30 (you can pay an extra $10 for a holographic COA from him, but he applies it directly to your comic). Other artists are much more reasonable - Rick Butler and Mike Grell were $3 to $5 per signature.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Revan_Q private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Any idea if that's his current going rate for his signautre? I have 4 books in mind that I'd like him to sign. Any idea if he charges extra if you're doing an AW?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea what he is currently charging, but he will be at RI Comic Con again this year. I am sure a CBCS witness could let you know if there is any additional charge.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Well I did it. I Bought 10 tickets for $1000, in addition to the VIP autograph ticket I already have in my package. So I will be getting 11 signed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Well I did it. I Bought 10 tickets for $1000, in addition to the VIP autograph ticket I already have in my package. So I will be getting 11 signed.

If you're not already planning to, I seriously suggest cutting windows in your bags for where YOU want him to place his sig, unless you like them on the splash page

Ah, just read your post in the other thread
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Mr_SigS I think they ask you where you want him to sign. I vaguely remember that a few years ago. He signed all covers for me then. He actually missed one of my 4 and I had to politely point it out to him. I wasn't going to have him NOT sign Silver Surfer #4, am I right?!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector UF2 private msg quote post Address this user
It was 100 last year in Hawaii. As far as I know that has been his going rate.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Do you think Stan Lee cares or not that I have 3 copies of AMS #1 for him to sign? #1, and 2 GRR editions. The other 8 books are all different. Mostly Spider-mans and a few hulk and deadpool. I only ask because I hope he doesn't assume I'm selling them. Which I'm not. Regarding the 2 GRR editions, only 1 has the record. So, you know. *shrugs*
Post 15 IP   flag post
No, he won't care at all, even if you are selling them. It's a fairly well-oiled machine. I had time to say "Thanks!" and he said "You're welcome", and that was it.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector warbooks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
With all due respect...the guy is 93 years old. It's amazing that his health even allows him to travel as much as he does. I'd say his prices are justifiable.

I think it's cool the guy is still moving at all at that age.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I agree. I am only 36 and I can barely leave the house due to MS.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbooks
Quote:

I hear Marvel/Disney has a plan in the works.

Post 19 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Do you think Stan Lee cares or not that I have 3 copies of AMS #1 for him to sign? #1, and 2 GRR editions. The other 8 books are all different. Mostly Spider-mans and a few hulk and deadpool. I only ask because I hope he doesn't assume I'm selling them. Which I'm not. Regarding the 2 GRR editions, only 1 has the record. So, you know. *shrugs*

He doesn't care what he is signing(Batman, Spawn and few other non-Marvel related stuff). It goes like:" here, Stan, book. sign here, Stan. Next." His manage team pushes Stan to sign as many books as possible. What they care about is exchanging a ticket for $100.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure he and Walt will have a lot to talk about.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer_Toast
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure he and Walt will have a lot to talk about.

I bet they do since Stan created Mickey Mouse
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Hate Stan Lee. He shot millions of dollars and he's 94 years old. Why still charging so much? Trying to put his great grandkids through college?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Why still charging so much?

People keep paying that much.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
Why still charging so much?

People keep paying that much.

This. So everyone do everyone else a favor and just stop paying.

Kinda late now I suppose....but anyone who paid that for a sig should have never paid that much to begin with.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I would be willing to pay that for an inscribed [to me] Ditko sig.
Post 26 IP   flag post
My 3 white whales for me would have to be Frank Miller, Garth Ennis and Alex Ross.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
My 3 white whales for me would have to be Frank Miller, Garth Ennis and Alex Ross.

One of these days I'll pick up something written by Ennis. Stu recommends him a lot.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
There is so much Stan Lee signed stuff out there, that it's getting to the point where a book is going to be worth more without his signature on it than with it.
I have one book with his signature on it and it is probably a vintage signature from the 60's or 70's (maybe actually signed in 1964 because of some other writing on it). It means a lot more to me to have that signature from the early days of Marvel, before he was that well known and all this current frenzy started.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I have actually paid more for an unsigned book before because it was harder to find without a signature. I just wanted the artwork on the cover to be clean and unobstructed. This has nothing to do with Stan Lee, but I thought it was a funny situation.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 168 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?