Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleGrading Help NeededRaw Comics For Sale

Need Some Help: Selling a Huge Collection7013

Collector Norbi private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, this is a first for me, my first Thread in this Forum, so I apologize for any Newbie-Mistakes in Advance.

I have currently a sad task to perform, a good friend of mine and a lifelong collector for US-Comic Books (like myself) passed away a while ago, and I promised his wife to help selling of some of his collection.

It's a little bit difficult for me, for selling an amount of about 30000 US-books in Germany is not so easy. Been doing so with some success in the German Ebay with the more common books, but it is not possible to get the proper prices on some keys, the german collector of US-comics is some kind of rare.

So I'm cherry-picking some titles and will offer them aside of ebay on some collector-forum, asking for advice in grading and offering the books ...

I'm starting with the following books, I'm grateful for comments!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Flip1987 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!,
Sad to ear The reason why this comic collection is being sold.
I would be interested in buying some if you have what ím looking for.
Im from spain.
renatomartinho.1987@gmail.com
If you want ti send me a list with The comics and their prices.
Best regards and condonleces.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I love that NYX.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear. Are you interested in doing a bulk sale or individual sales? My sister is in Germany and she could buy for me and ship but I would be interested in a bulk buy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure you could sell those books without any problem. Not sure about the rest.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I'm sure you could sell those books without any problem. Not sure about the rest.

I'm perfectly aware of the difficulties selling a huge amount of books. But I will from time to time set more interesting books in this thread. Curious what will happen ...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Takes labor but separate the $20 and up books and wholesale the rest, try for $100 per box for the chaff. Stores, shows, ads. Still gonna take a long time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Takes labor but separate the $20 and up books and wholesale the rest, try for $100 per box for the chaff. Stores, shows, ads. Still gonna take a long time.

Good advice, if the books were in the US, but here in Germany, it doesn't work that way. But we will see ...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Man, tough. Maybe US military base newspapers, I know the bases here have their own. See if an ad gets any hits
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Man, tough. Maybe US military base newspapers, I know the bases here have their own. See if an ad gets any hits

Interesting Tip, googled a bit, and there are quite a few papers. Maybe I will give it a try. Thx ...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Update: The Detective 880 is sold, thx to the buyer

And now some new books, hope you like it, ...

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a list and are willing to ship I'm willing to buy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Posting a link to a spreadsheet would be very helpful
Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the others. A list or at the very least a good idea of titles, it may garner some more interest. I will say that I have liked what I have seen so far.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I agree with the others. A list or at the very least a good idea of titles, it may garner some more interest. I will say that I have liked what I have seen so far.

A List of the Books is, of course, in the making. I did not intend to make 30000 cover pics for te Forum.

Just giuve me a valid email-adress, and I will send it through, when I'm finished with it ...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

A List of the Books is, of course, in the making. I did not intend to make 30000 cover pics for te Forum.

Just giuve me a valid email-adress, and I will send it through, when I'm finished with it ...

I would also be interested, when the list or partial list is ready. PM sent.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
Sent you a pm with an email to send it to.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
PM sent.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Some other books from the collection, hope you like them ...

Post 19 IP   flag post
601333 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?