Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and Conservation

Hero Restoration Results - Thoughts?6962

Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
I’d never used Hero Restoration prior to this submission but they came highly recommended when I first posted a picture of my copy of Giant Sized X-Men #1. Sent it back in May and just got it back this afternoon. I’m very pleased with the way it turned out. I didn’t notice the differences until I put the pictures side by side. Have a look and see! What do you think about the results?? As is customary, the before shot is on the left side.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
He just pressed it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Thats what i was going to ask.It looks like he didn't clean much.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Thats what i was going to ask. It looks like he didn't clean much.

It looks like they didn't do much of anything to me. Of course, I'm used to a before and after from CFP Comics.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forgot to mention, yes, it was a press only. No cleaning (I have a guy that does cleaning for me).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I thought when you get it pressed the cleaning is included.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
There is a fast press option that skips cleaning
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
As far as pressing, Mike has done good work the few times I've submitted to him.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
The pressing job is solid. Great improvement on the spine. You can't clean stains with dry cleaning methods.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent my Walking Dead 1 to Hero Restoration...was maybe an 8.0 at best when I sent it to him, he got it and did his thing, sent it to CBCS and it came back a 9.4. I highly recommend him.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
Forgot to mention, yes, it was a press only. No cleaning (I have a guy that does cleaning for me).

Just curious, why split up the work?

Nobody better to press and clean a book than a restoration expert imo
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Yesterday when I posted this I was second guessing myself on whether or not I paid to have it dry cleaned as well and I thought that I didn't... this morning I'm going through and looking at old emails and turns out I did pay for it. So now I'm following up to see if the book actually was dry cleaned as ordered. I realize that some stains just won't come out but I would think the big one on the back would be a prime candidate. I'll let you know what he says.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Yesterday when I posted this I was second guessing myself on whether or not I paid to have it dry cleaned as well and I thought that I didn't... this morning I'm going through and looking at old emails and turns out I did pay for it. So now I'm following up to see if the book actually was dry cleaned as ordered. I realize that some stains just won't come out but I would think the big one on the back would be a prime candidate. I'll let you know what he says.

The book is deeply soiled, I would not be surprised if your results do reflect a thorough dry cleaning
Post 13 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer I agree with you. I think he's going to come back and say that he tried but it's too deeply soiled.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it’s been dry cleaned to me. Dry cleaning is not going to remove stains, especially the one on the bottom back cover which looks like it has mold/mildew spots in addition to the discoloration.
Post 15 IP   flag post
FYI - Yep he said it had been dry cleaned but the stains are too deeply soiled. I'm pleased with the pressing job, though! Turned out great.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
#toodeeplysoiled 😂
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Mike at HeroResto pressed my AF 15 and HoS 92 and did a fantastic job. Highly recommend.
Post 18 IP   flag post
596787 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?